Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A question?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Mcwhopper, Apr 26, 2008.

1. Mcwhopper

Mcwhopper IncGamers Member

A question?

yeah I was wondering: In my home we have three people vigorously playing d2. Im the oldest and also the first one to have started using the forum. The other two however are not far behind and have also started using this forum (great forum :thumbsup:). But now the problem is : I remember playing Dota-leageau and me and my siblings got into problems because we all had a seperate account there, but we used the same IP and that was not allowed. We obviously still use the same ip (same house), but have a different account each ( you can't trade for a friend so it's neccesary in that aspect). Now I was wondering : Is there any problem on these forums to have multiple people that have to use the same ip all having a different forum acc?

edit : I did read the rules ofcourse but I didnt find anything related other than it being forbidden to trade for a friend.

2. cour de mal

cour de mal IncGamers Member

Re: A question?

It's a little difficult to parse out the real meat of your question, but if you're asking whether you can use multiple forum accounts from the same IP address I'm pretty sure the answer is: Yes. Although I'm sure the site admin's have a way of monitoring account activity by IP, I can't see a reason why they would ban you for having multiple people using different accounts from the same location. I know a number of people who belong to various forums who share an IP with roommates or family members and I've never heard of any of them having problems.

3. Mcwhopper

Mcwhopper IncGamers Member

Ah that's nice to hear. That was indeed the question. Thanks for the answer

edit : Ah owkey Lorven : Ill do that right away :thumbsup:

Last edited: Apr 26, 2008
  4. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

There are indeed several people on this forum that share the same ip for various reasons. Being in the same family is one reason, another is people living on a campus for example. Usually there's no problem with this, as long as you stick to using your own accounts.

What would be good is if you could pm any mod naming the accounts you will share ip with. If you do, we could add that as a hidden note, so we at least will be aware of the situation. That won't hurt. :)