Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A question on IK Barbs.

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by bumhntr, Mar 16, 2005.

1. bumhntr

bumhntr Diabloii.Net Member

A question on IK Barbs.

I just got done reading the guide in the "Strategy Compendium" and I was wondering why it says to leave dex and base??? Wouldn't that cause some problems connecting with monsters in NM and Hell?

2. jordy666

jordy666 Diabloii.Net Member

the IK set gives a healthy bonus to AR which is further multiplied by mace mastery and WW.

And adding DEX for AR is a waste

-jordy :rolleyes:

3. bumhntr

OK, thank you very much. I am glad I didn't use any points into dex yet.

4. jordy666

jordy666 Diabloii.Net Member

u could always use a ravenfrost ring or the angelic ring/amu combo if you find ur lacking AR

-jordy :rolleyes:

5. bumhntr

I planned on using at least 1 Ravenfrost. I was going to try for BK as the other but, I will screw around a bit and see what I like best.

6. FlyingPerson

FlyingPerson Diabloii.Net Member

recommand to have at least 12K AR if u want to be a Hell Baal Killer

IK Barb is good enough...it is not toughest build...but enough to handle all the monster in hell level...havnt found any monster I cant beat with IK-WW Barb....(include Uber-Diablo)

7. Throttle

Throttle Diabloii.Net Member

The IK Barb is probably one of the best builds when considering cost as a factor - IMO. You can build a fine IK Barb with like 1 or 2 soj's value (unless you want great charms). I suggest a raven frost (the no-freeze is very nice, and a bit of cold damage and absorb never hurts), and an angelic amulet and ring. I've never been a big fan of Bul Kathos' rings - the +skills is really not that important, the life isn't huge and you will do fine with 10% life leech IMO. I'd rather trade it for a bunch of life charms, preferably with useful secondary mods. Remember to shop for two echoing weapons (the girl you rescue in act 5 is good for that - lots of throwing spears and a portal right next to her) and put them in secondary for a dandy bonus to your yells.

Oh, and your question :lol: ... yep, no dex at all. Your items won't require it, and with the above-mentioned items you should have enough. If not, try look for a Demon Limb (tyrant?)club. Few people know about this and write it off as a crappy item due to low damage and such - however, you won't be using it to fight with. It has 20 charges of level 23 enchant, granting a little bit of fire damage, but +218% AR :eek: for ten minutes!! It can be pretty expensive to repair, but AFAIK there's a cube recipe that re-fills it.. (ort+flawless? not sure)

Have a nice day.

(edited some embarrasing typo's)