Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A Question of Maps

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Glenugie, Mar 22, 2005.

1. Glenugie

Glenugie IncGamers Member

A Question of Maps

I have just stumbled upon a Meph map where there is a Armour Stand at the WP. If I open it straight away it always drops a White Laquered Plate, if I BO first it drops a Blue Laquered Plate and if I kill a beastie it drops a 3 socketed Tiara.

My question is should I stick with this map ?
    Does it have the potential to drop anything of potential worth ?
    What else can I do to affect the drop ?

Sorry for bothering everybody but I play MP quite often and will lose the map quite soon if I carry on my normal daily play.

2. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

Do you run Diablo with seed command? If you do, it's considered cheating mostly.

3. Randall

Randall IncGamers Member

Do all the white plate's have the same fingerprint ?

Randall

4. skunkbelly

skunkbelly IncGamers Member

Weapon racks tend to drop the same items, or at least the same couple of item types. For example, one rack in my Black Tower map always drops either a Griffon Headress, or a Bec-de-Corbin. Just the way the things work, no cheating involved. This is not a seed command phenomenon, it's just the way racks seem to work in any given map.

Now, the question is, how many times would you need to hit that rack before a set lacquered plate or a unique tiara pops out? My guess is, a lot of times. However, it can happen. And if it's right by the WP, it ought to take you all of 10 seconds per run, save-and-exit to save-and-exit. Might be worth a couple hours of insane boredom... and think of all the gold you'll wind up with! ;)

EDIT: one thing I can't remember is if a rack in Durance 2 *can* pop out items of the appropriate level... someone else could clear up that point, I'm sure.

5. Thrugg

Thrugg IncGamers Member

I would.

Yes, Tal's Armour. You will not be able to get Kira's Guardian to drop however, it is too high level.

The things you think are affecting the drop are just random. Your rack apparently drops Lacquered Plates every time, great for you. By doing something that forces a call to the drop engine first, you can change the item type, but you don't want to do that. The quality is still random, nothing to do with BO. Just keep running the rack and it will eventually drop a green one. On average it will take 125 runs. On average. Could be less, could be more.

The reason you are being asked about the -seed command is that if you play with that on you are removing the randomness - hence you would get a white LP with the same fingerprint every time. Definitely don't do that, not only is it considered cheating, you probably won't ever get a green LP that way. If you are, you can simply remove the -seed command and play again, the rack will still be there, it will still drop LPs, and the randomness would be back allowing the chance of a green.

You'll have to decide if a Tal's is worth more to you than your schedule.
    You can try running it a whole lot before you next play MP - if you just run to the rack and forget about Meph (he'll always be there later once you change maps) then you can probably do the runs in <30 seconds. 125 runs at that speed is only an hour.

Or you can just play a different char in MP until you are done with the rack.

6. Glenugie

Thanks for the replies. I think its worth an evening of boredom tonight but after that my game satisfaction level will drop to dangeroulsy low levels.

To clarify a few points raised. After playing MP at the weekend this is the first time I have played this character and the map is a random roll without the seed command. I do know the seed but I do not use that command, its more fun finding new maps (like this one today). As of yet I haven't kept a white plate, (selling them for gambling pot) so can't confirm the fingerprint issue. Maybe near the end I will keep a couple of them and check the fingerprints in ATMA.

Once again thanks for the informative replies.

7. Glenugie

@Randall in answer to your question concerning fingerprints. These are the results for the first 5 runs

Number of Items : 5

1: Lacquered Plate
    Defense: 443
    Durability: 42 of 55
    Required Strength: 208
    Required Level: 62
    Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
    Item Level: 82
    Fingerprint: 0x4d0e5fa6
    Socketed (3: 0 used)

2: Lacquered Plate
    Defense: 531
    Durability: 36 of 55
    Fingerprint: 0x861dbee3
    Socketed (4: 0 used)

3: Lacquered Plate
    Defense: 470
    Durability: 39 of 55
    Fingerprint: 0xf4553a29

4: Lacquered Plate
    Defense: 456
    Durability: 53 of 55
    Fingerprint: 0xe7ee44a4

5: Athletic Tiara of Worth
    Defense: 49
    Durability: 14 of 25
    Required Level: 52
    Item Level: 86
    Fingerprint: 0xffcf3530
    +2 to Minimum Damage
    +3 to Passive and Magic Skills (Amazon Only)

Hope this helps.

If anybody wants any of these items please ask (Tiara maybe).

8. Glenugie

Just an update. After running map all night (5 hours) nothing of interest dropped. Plenty of gold for gamblng pot but no green items.