Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A question of item storage

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Ashmer Amadeus, Apr 26, 2005.

1. Ashmer Amadeus

Ashmer Amadeus IncGamers Member

A question of item storage

I've read a bunch of posts, and Illiana(?) has a stash of several hundred PGems, to be used for rerolling I'd assume. And several of you have a decent sized collection of runes waiting to be upgraded. My question is how do you keep all of them? So far I've been saving each rune I find once, unless it was something big like an UM Rune, which I have none of, but I digress. I feel pretty safe making as many "Leaf" runewords as I want, I'm pretty sure I've found a pile of both runes. But with PGems. I've got a few on each charicter, but how do you hold several hundred? I can number them, like I do with some of my uniques (RavenFrost 1, RavenFrost2) but it would be tedious if you have more then a dozen or so. And the same for Runes. I was thinking of having a mule charicter, they can hold 120(?) 1 square items. But you would still have to transfer them all to the charicter who wants to use them. Especially if Clvl matters. I play stictly self found as of a few months ago, and I don't trade, but I still hope that no one finds my actions to be offensive. I'm just curious as to how so many items are held and transfered. I'm starting my MF Sorc, and I hope to be rolling in PGems and such shortly, maybe even try my hand at crafting. Thanks to all.

----JohnBoy

2. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

Read an Atma sticky thread, download Atma.

3. Ashmer Amadeus

I have ATMA already, thats how I have RavenFrost 1 and RavenFrost 2 saved on my computer, I was just wondering about storing mass amounts of the same item. I'll head over to the ATMA thread and see if it answers my question.

4. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

I think I don't understand you.
    Maybe you don't use atma stash? It seems like you are exporting items in d2i files.
    Utility -> new stash.
    Then open character and stash and move your items into stash. You can have unlimited items in the stash.

5. Vemp

Vemp IncGamers Member

Making it brief, with ATMA you can create both empty chars to use as "mules", or special "stash" files, which you can use as item storage spaces with no size limit. Just look for the "New Stash" command on the File menu in ATMA. You can drag and drop items from/to stashes and chars.

Just post any doubts in the sticky thread, you will be answered shortly after ;)

6. Dethseeker

Dethseeker IncGamers Member

Having just discovered the stash myself I have to say it is awsome! Think I read about it in the tips that pop up. Check it definately makes storing items much, much easier...

7. mn4nu

mn4nu IncGamers Member

Make a stash, as described above. Make two, three, etc. Place all your uniques in one. Sets in another, gems in another, and so on.

Soon you will be an organized D2 horder. You will be saving all those El runes and chipped rubies, thinking to yourself, “I may need this sometime, so I’ll keep it.†Mind you, you will never use it again, but you will still save it. It is the great addiction of the D2 horder. You will save because you can. That is the power of the Atma stash.
    :D

8. HBeachBabe

HBeachBabe IncGamers Member

yes, please use an ATMA stash. no need for D2i files at all. in fact, it sounds like you are currently duping runes.

edit: you don't trade here so never mind...

9. Ashmer Amadeus

@All, thanks for the replies, I'll see if I can get it figured out tonight after the kid goes to bed.

@HBB, I realize that some may consider what I do with runes to be duping, but I don't MP, nor have I given any of my items to another player here, though I have recieved some. My reason for asking was so that I could save up runes for upgrading or PGems for rerolling. I realize that some may frown on my playstlye, but as it is said, its my computer, I can do what I want, and I believe that I'm playing within the boundries of the game. I will make use of this large stash, although I believe I will also continue saving items individually via *.d2i.

10. mn4nu

mn4nu IncGamers Member

Once you use stashes, you will never use .d2i files again. I used to do that pre ATMA and I can't imagine doing it ever again. ATMA stashes are the way to go.

11. whomhead

whomhead IncGamers Member

Just so you know, when you participate in a giveaway - be it giving or receiving - then what you do on your computer does indeed effect other people. So, at the very least, you should let people know about your practices before receiving items in a giveaway. I for one know that I would prefer to give items to legit players.

12. Ashmer Amadeus

@Whomhead I believe what I am doing is legitimate and will continue to do as I have done. I don't believe I have any items worth giving away, but I will certianly adhere to the rules of the forum and let the people know that if they recieve a runeword from me that I might not have found the Nth rune to make said runeword. That is how the rules go, and I shall follow the forum rules as long as I'm here.

13. whomhead

whomhead IncGamers Member

I was reffering more to your receiving of items than you giving out items. If you do ever host your own giveaway, then you absolutely need to make it clear about your rune practices. But you should let the people who gave you items know about what you choose to do as well. All item trades here are based on trust, so if you are upfront about your actions, then people can make decisions on whether to give you their hard-earned (legitimate) items.

14. Ashmer Amadeus

I will always stand by my thought of being legitimate, I've made a total of two runewords, Rhyme and Ancients Pledge. If I ever decide to ask for, or offer an item I will certianly make sure everyone is aware that I generally keep just one copy of any given rune. It is a forum rule and I shall adhere to it.