Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A question for KICKERS: how does Venom add damage to kicking damage

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by raffster, Mar 20, 2004.

1. raffster

raffster IncGamers Member

A question for KICKERS: how does Venom add damage to kicking damage

I followed EclipsedK's guide on building a weapon/shield PvP kicker and have followed his guide to the dot.

I started pumping in points to venom but I don't see either my dragon talon or dragon flight damage increasing. Then I realized that Venom is applied to the actual weapon.

My question is: if Venom doesn't work with either Dragon Talon or Dragon Flight, why use it in the first place? What skill in the kicker's arsenal does it add the poison damage too? I am lost. Help, please.

2. Mr.Grimmy

Mr.Grimmy IncGamers Member

Greetings

What you are seeing on your char screen is the damage from you boots (ie the kick damage) venom is applied to your wepons. However !!!! When you kick with d-talon or d-flight the wepon you hold adds certain properties to your kick attack (open wounds, elemental damage, POISON, etc) Even though this damage is not shown in the char screen. Believe me venom works with kicks :) I have a venom kicker and the poison damage is awesome, especially if someone forgets that sins have venom :)

Hope this helps

3. raffster

THANK YOU THANK YOU YOU SAVED ME FROM REDOING MY ASSASSIN. YOU ARE AWESOME. :winner:

4. D1ce

D1ce IncGamers Member

on that note poisen facets, trangs glove, bramble all work well with venom, I can hit 1.1k-1.2k venom dmg with those kinda gear =o

5. raffster

I'M NOT WORTHY!!! :worship:

6. Mr.Grimmy

Happy to help. Good luck with your sin. Hopefully I'll see you in a duel sometime :)

7. theBlackKnight

theBlackKnight IncGamers Member

But it doesnt redeem itself with a dtalon sin because its duration is longer than one kick will last, which willl reset the timer on it, but not the damage ( assuming you have the awesome 7/2/2/2/2 dtalon of course)

8. Mr.Grimmy

Assuming that you hit with every kick then yes, the venom timer will just be reset and not all the venom damage for each trigger will be applied. However if you are landing every single kick, you don't really need venom as most people will die from the kick damage :) Assuming that you hit about 25-30 % of the time (since most people use a shield with at least 70% blocking) then it is more likely that the venom will apply all damage before being triggered again.

And even if it is retriggered each time, assuming you always hit, it does 10% of your venom damage each frame (venom damage / 0.4 sec *25fps=0.1*venom damage/frame). For a high lvl venom this can add up quickly.

IMO venom is invaluable. My kicker does physical damage of about 950-1600 per kick, but it is venom that ends up winning the duel for me. Most people have physical resistance, but with a couple of poison facets and lvl 36 venom anyone without maxed poison resist is in for a surprise :)

9. Lunatic

Lunatic IncGamers Member

It doesn't matter at all if you reset the poison before the timer is up. if you normally do say like 1000 poison dmg over 10 frames , or you do 5 * 200 dmg over 2 frames (10 frames in total) , the dmg stays the same.