Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

a question about wf zon

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by bill_logs, Feb 4, 2004.

1. bill_logs

bill_logs IncGamers Member

a question about wf zon

I am currently building a bowazon using wind force mainly. I really want to hit 8 frames. But then it seems hard for me to get max resistence. poison res may not be so important, but without lightning res maxed, it is very hard to survive in WSK. How you guys deal with this?Any suggestions about equipments/strategies? I know it could be done with an armor socketed with 4 IAS/res all jewels, but I don't have that many jewels(not a single one ).

2. Xiamet

Xiamet IncGamers Member

It's hard to max resists on any char that uses a 2 handed weapon, espeally Bowazons, since most bows don't add to resists. The exception to this rule is WWS, which adds a nice 40% to all resists...that and it's other awesome mods make this a very attractive bow. Shael/Nef it and it's even better.

As for resists elsewhere...poison resists gets a nice boost from Atma's, and any 3 socket armor can be runed for +30 to various resists in each socket. Black hades, Griswold's or Nat's all have 3 sockets (nat's is variable..sometimes 2 sockets, sometimes 3) Nat's has +Poison resist already, and Poison length reduction, so it might be a way to go. Black hades has +35 Cold resists...

Or you can go with Lionheart, or Duriel's shell...both offer nice resist to all. if you're rich, CoH or Enigma runewords also give good resist bonuses.

Hope this helps,

-X

3. Firey_chasm

Firey_chasm Banned

My ama uses the following (bearing in mind this dont come cheap)
    gaze(8/7/20)(40/15ias)
    160/60 86 life archeon plate
    wf(40/15ias)(8%)
    atma's amulet
    2 x 8%ll rings
    gore riders boots
    laying of hands gloves
    call to arms on switch
    then my onv has a variety of charms
    3 15 all resist gc
    2 20 life 5 all resist sc
    10 3/20/20 sc
    6 passive + magic skillers
    1 x 290 psc

i suppose idealy 20life/5 all resist sc until you have maxed resists are better but theses are bloody rare small charms my resists are all around the zero mark which takes elemental damage low enough for me to leach more damage than they can do to me, Bearing in mind with bo(from call to arms) I have about 2k life + a lvl 81 might merc that uses 280% cruel war pike(amn) crown of thieves and shaft and a valk tank for me + lvl 20 d/a/e (some say this is to high but its just the way I wanted it, its all preference) I do about 6000 guided arrow damage and cope no problem in the worldstone keep.

When you make your amazon you have to think along the lines of how can I avoid being hit rather than how much can i absorb

I hope this helps

4. Mehemnoc

Mehemnoc IncGamers Member

Wow, you have some awesome charms! My zon doesn't have quite that setup, but she does have chains of honor armor (I believe it's archon plate). With it's high resistance to all, her resists aren't maxed, but they're pretty good. She can deal with the ws soul killers (I believe that's what the wisps there are called), as long as she doesn't run into the center of the room and find herself surrounded.

Now I just need to get my merc up to speed... at level 51, he doesn't hold up well enough in hell acts 4-5 yet.

5. bill_logs

bill_logs IncGamers Member

Thanks a lot for the input, although my question is really how to get 8 FPS(that is 150 IAS) and at the same time keep resistence maxed. From your experience, I guess I have to stay at 9FPS for quite a while until I find several godly charms or jewels.

6. Shanksie1337

Shanksie1337 IncGamers Member

haha! (die 10 chars)

7. importpsycho

importpsycho IncGamers Member

I dont know why you are so worried about resistance?
    do u have really bad resistances?
    my zon has around 30% F/C/L and negitive P resistances
    I do ladder 8ppl baal, cow, pit, etc... she hardly ever dies
    Try finding +2 zon circlet with + all resistances.
    and rare life steal ring with resistances or 20% IAS gloves with resistances
    it's not hard to find grand charm with high lighting resistances
    get nat boots, nice 40% fast run and good cold/lighting resistances

my gears

WF +shael
    Nat /w 3x 15% ias jewels
    highlord ammy
    Lying hands
    razortail
    +2 zon rare circlet
    Nat boots
    rare leach ring
    Ravenfrost
    125% IAS in total
    some charms with resistances

I highly recommand 3 sockets Nat armor for bowzons
    you can put 3 IAS jewels and gives you +life per lvl, good posion resistance

8. Mehemnoc

Mehemnoc IncGamers Member

The ias is pretty incredible if you can find the jewels; they will work well in any decent 3-4 socket armor. But I can think of other mods that are equally nice to have, which is one reason I like CoH so well.