Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A question about wands..

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by [email protected], Mar 29, 2004.

1. Ap0c@LyPsE

[email protected] IncGamers Member

A question about wands..

I want to know if +3 bonespirit norm wand can be brought from Drognan
    cos' I making a white wand and can't seem to find wands with this mod from him. :grrr:

Pls reply..I'm desperate for the answer..

2. Indemaijinj

Indemaijinj IncGamers Member

It can indeed. Get a map where the city gate is close to Drognan's shop and keep checking his inventory/running out of town to refresh his inventory until you get the wand you want.

Only browse the bone wands since neither yew, nor regular wands can spawn with two sockets.

BTW, I would advice you to look for +3 Bone Spear as well since there is nothing as sweet as a whopping +8 mod to Bone Spear for one piece of equipment.

3. zero_hour

zero_hour IncGamers Member

I have a 2 socket bone wand with 3 to bone spirit and I think 1 to life tap laying around somewhere. I could give it to ya if your on USWest Softcore Non-Ladder.

4. treldonis

treldonis IncGamers Member

Can a "white" superior petrified wand dropped in hell be given 2 sockets via Larzuk? Found one with great mods in the Tamoe Highlands. Diabloii.net says it can have one socket. Is this accurate?

5. Indemaijinj

Indemaijinj IncGamers Member

The easy way to answer this is to list the wand types that cannot have more than one socket.

The one-socketers are: Wand, Yew Wand and Burnt Wand. So if it is one of these three, don't bother.

Yours is a Petrified Wand so it should be OK.

6. treldonis

treldonis IncGamers Member

Thanks! Didn't want to waste a socket quest and since the wand is superior quality, I can't use the horadric cube recipe.

7. goofycaca

goofycaca IncGamers Member

There is only a limited number of wands that can be used for the White rune word.

Bone wand
    Grim wand
    Petrified wand
    Tomb wand
    Grave wand
    Polished wand
    Ghost wand
    Lich wand
    Unearthed wand

This is the list that was given to me. You need one with two sockets or a clean one to use the socket quest on.

8. sJw_shan

sJw_shan IncGamers Member

A +3 Bone spirit wand can be found from Norm Difficulty Drognan? - I was under the impression that the level requirement would be so high for this wand that it wouldn't spawn in the shops in norm act 2.

9. Zon2000

Zon2000 IncGamers Member

You can't get a Bone spirit wand from normal Drognan - only +Bone spear. Bone spirit wands do exist though - but you'll have to be lucky and have it drop for you somewhere - you can't buy em unfortunately.

10. sJw_shan

sJw_shan IncGamers Member

Doh. I can't believe I didn't pick up a +3 spirit bone wand from cow level with no sockets. Thanks Zon2000 for clearing it up for me.

11. Ap0c@LyPsE

[email protected] IncGamers Member

So +3 bonespirit wands cannot be brought... :(
    But I want to know where is the best place for +3 bone spirit norm wand to drop and what Clvl is needed to find this type of wand??? :scratch:

12. kaervek666

kaervek666 IncGamers Member

equipment you buy is equal to your Clvl +5 up to a max of 20 in act 2, and bone spirit wands are a min of 30 which is why they dont show up.

earliest act to buy wands with lvl 30 stuff is act 4, ideally you'd want to go shopping at lvl 25 to have any chance of seeing non-magical wands. best place would be any area with lots of Mlvl 30+ monsters. i.e. norm cows.

IF your not making wand specifically for bone spear, i'd probably recomend just shopping for a +3 P&B wand of the magus. you can buy these at lvl 55 anywhere in NM difficulty.

13. Zon2000

Zon2000 IncGamers Member

Isn't a P&B wand of the magus magical (ie blue?) If so, you can't make White out it.

Remember guys - only white items (cracked, normal, superior, etc) can be made into runeword items! No magic (blue), no rare (yellow) and of course no uniques can be used for runewords!

And as mentioned earlier in this thread, **not** all wands can have 2 sockets! So pay attention to what wand you're sticking those runes in... don't want to waste 'em.

Edit:
    Just reread that last post... I guess he meant if you're not interested in a wand for white to get a plain +3 P&B wand... which of course works too. :) Doh.