Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

a question about the ancients

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by howling wind, Aug 28, 2006.

1. howling wind

howling wind IncGamers Member

a question about the ancients

do the ancient reset everytime i tp to town or is it just me. fyi i am in nightmare and i have done a clean install but with the same save game. can be a bit hard killing em if they keep resetting everytime i tp.

2. Cattleya

Cattleya IncGamers Member

Yup, they reset. It's one of the things that makes them one of the toughest fights. If you need potions, you can dump a bunch around the summit on the ground before you activate the alter. If you need your merc to help kill them, you will need to be extra careful to keep them alive.

The good news, however, is that if you see a nasty spawn (like cursed or fanatacism) you can cast a TP scroll to reroll the mods.

3. howling wind

howling wind IncGamers Member

thakns for the reply Cattleya, i was suprised though maybe because this is the first time i got so far in the game. i am using a werewolf druid with fury and a bear as summon. my merc is an act 3 cold so no chance of him doing the killing. guess have to do what u suggest by having lots of potion.

4. Arreat_mercenary

Arreat_mercenary IncGamers Member

You have problems with the ancients in nightmare? They aren't that hard in such difficulty.

Being a werewolf using fury, you shouldn't have very much problem dealing with them, just use a decent weapon and some life leech (use crafting recipes if you don't have any) and don't let them overwhelm you, use your summon so you can distract one or two of them while you deal with the other(s).

5. Llathias

Llathias Banned

...and remember to keep Feral Rage active at all times. Not only will you leech high amounts of life, but also be able to out maneuver the old barbarians.

6. water_moon

water_moon IncGamers Member

also, if you quickly "hide" that is move off to one side, you can some times make the far one forget you're there and he'll concentrate on something else long enough for you to take soem good chuncks out of his pals.

As such you may want to seed the whole area with pots so you're never too far away to get to some.

7. zarfen

zarfen IncGamers Member

wait until you meet them in hell :wink: