Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A question about scs

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by riddyl, Oct 11, 2006.

1. riddyl

riddyl IncGamers Member

A question about scs

Hi there, I have a question about what charms I should be using for my BvC.

Basically before I could afford really good SCs I used primarily ar/life Gcs (like 120+/~30life) Recently however I have managed to get my hands on some ar/life SCs (like 3x/20) and 1 or 2 with max dmg.
    Thing is my ar has gone down from 12k to about 10.5k - and is the extra life worth the sacrifice of ar?

Setup is pretty classic, grief/beast/engima/CoA/Arreat/dracs/gores/highlords/raven/rare ring etc...

think thats all, thanks for any help

*riddyl2

2. mainaman

mainaman IncGamers Member

10.5 K ar is enough to deal with almost amy smiter there is.
    so your charms seem fine. basically try keep 9k+ ar while getting more life with use of max/ar/20 and ar/20 scs.

3. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

So you're saying that 6.6% chance to hit after max block is enough for almost any smiter? Counting in ONLY 29k defense.

Compare that to 25k AR having 11.5% chance to hit after max block. That's an effective increase of 74.2%s there, so you gain an effective amount of 74% more hits.

So, is this really what you think?

You should have ~10k AR with pubsetup. That's enough to deal with most opponents in pubs, however if you go 1v1, you will want to switch rings and amulet to angelics versus smiters and some hammerdins.

To answer the original question, how much life do you gain if you use SCs instead of GCs?

4. riddyl

riddyl IncGamers Member

its quite alot, as my ar/life gcs that I've removed all have less than 30life and all my new SCs have 19 or 20life - can't give you an exact figure though. I THINK I roughly had 5300 with GCs and I am now pushing 5700 but still have 2 GCs I am thinking of replacing.

also I'm, not rich enough for the SCs with max dmg aswell as life and ar so don't suggest those anymore lol :cool:

*riddyl2

5. hardnfast

hardnfast IncGamers Member

10k is enough AR for my BvC to hit most things in pubs. Against really high defense smiters I swap to hasarus boots / belt for 15k+ AR.

Looking at the defense of some of my other PvP characters there are only two with more than 10k defense.

6. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

Well, how come you have so low life? You should have more like at least 6000 if you're lvl 90. If you are not, get to lvl 90 right now. And do all the important quests (Golden Bird, Anya, Izual, Den of Evil, Radament, Lam Esen).

Also, what about your stats? Have you put any to str or dexterity? If you have, how much? I do not need the after-gear value, but the values with no torch, no anni and no gear.

At all times you should have at MOST 3 ar/life GCs, 4 fhr scs (always need these 4), annihilus, torch, and rest 19-20 life small charms. This should net you close to 6000 life. My BvC has 6110 with 3 GCs that have 30, 35 and 38 life I think, and 4* fhr scs and res 20 life small charms. He is lvl 91 with 65 base strenght and 49 base dexterity.

Oh, and on the comment about max/ar/life SCs. I myself am quite poor, and for that, with the help of a friend, I got myself a really nice balance of ar and life on my BvC. And I've been kinda like "advertising" that setup here...

Well, comparing a sorc or a Windy to a Hammerdin or a Smiter is, well, at most, quite funny. As Hammerdins have a defense enchancing skill, whereas Windies or Sorcs do not (or well, Sorcs got the cold armors, but those are 1-pointers). And when dueling Hammerdins or Smiters you will NEED to have A LOT higher AR than you have versus casters. My BvC has lowish AR (I think ~5-6k) only versus bonemancers and sorcs (and that's if I use my FCR rings). Versus anything else, at least 9kish (ravens or fcr rings after enchant).

7. mainaman

mainaman IncGamers Member

what i think my man is that i have zero problems aginst any smiter whatsoever with 9.5k ar and pub set up on i.e 35 dr

now how about you stop acting so superior to the others and stop trying to correct averything they say???
    stop taking numbers out of clear skys, we all know math , and can calculate.. i bet you your messed up cd rom i know a ton more math since i am doing math degree in college so pls ...

ofcourse if he needs more ar , so he will use angelics or hsarus w/e he has---THINK a little before post
    yes he should change some things when doing 1v1 , and such this wasn't his question though.
    Maybe we all should leave the forum and let you post your own questions and answer them ? I wonder how you gonna live with yourself then?

about your comment on the ar against casters , just to let you know hammerdins can be killed with fcr rings on no problem at all. and im not talking pub hammerdins

8. diablomasterr

diablomasterr Banned

hey man my frend show me hacked areat with "set target def 15%" mod on it mayb u shud get on, it has +max domage per lvl and +hp aswel it's prity better than the normal arreat

then ar dnt matter an u can use all damag item

9. riddyl

riddyl IncGamers Member

ok I didn't want to start if a massive argument here!

well I've gone for a more versatile setup meaning I can swap in widowmaker if I need to and various other things - as I remember you recommending in another of your posts. I have exactly enough strength to use CoA and 2 too many dexterity to use hel'd widow (messed up the calculations a bit). I have just gotten to level 90 yesterday.

don't mean to be rude but I find that quite patronising. I have played the game since release so obviously I have done all these (although I admit some people you deal with in here certainly do need telling these things!)

ok well it sounds like my ar is ok at ~10k so I think I will continue to bump up my life with SCs until I find a good smiter then I can switch in hsarus and maybe angelics if I need to. Tbh I don't find that I have a problem against smiters as I just switch to dual doom zerkers and that usually wins me it (though I don't know of any top top smiters)

thanks for the input so far everyone