Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

a question about sc/hc muling

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Artagas, May 23, 2005.

1. Artagas

Artagas IncGamers Member

a question about sc/hc muling

Ok, this is a very basic question, but i never in my life played HC D2 until a few days ago, so i just thought of this.
    I noticed that ATMA allows me to exchange items between my hc/sc chars. I decided that giving items i found in sc to my hc char would be silly (or cheesy or whatever you want to call it) so i don't do that. On the other hand i wonder if trading the other way around (moving an item from hc to sc) is considered illegit/frowned upon. It does not put me at an unfair advantage, however such trade could not happen without 3rd party software so i am uncertain about it.

Also when people post their grail counts in the appropriate thread do they add up HC/SC finds? (yeah, i already found a tc3 unique that was missing in sc)

2. maxgerin

maxgerin IncGamers Member

I believe it is acceptable to transfer items from HC to SC... but, as you said, not the other way around. This, I think is the consensus then, but I don't know now. The topic have not surfaced until now.

--maxgerin

3. shermo

shermo IncGamers Member

This has come up before, often when people unwittingly do it from SC to HC and then get burned for it.

The consensus is that it's ok to do it from HC to SC as stated. But I'm sure there are some here who wouldn't like it.

I don't know what everyone else does but my grail table includes a couple of low level items that were found in hc (CK leathers, Bane ash)

4. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

I think that it is not acceptable. As you said you can't do that in the game. HC and SC are different worlds. I have some TC3 items in HC missing in my SC grail too, I don't count them.

5. #endgame

#endgame IncGamers Member

I have separate HC/SC stashes, which I think is the most sensible and fair way to do it. It'd be nice if ATMA could block it for you (i.e. designate a stash as HC only or SC only).

6. Artagas

Artagas IncGamers Member

as far as i understand it, for ATMA to do that it would have to put labels on the items as well as on the stashes, which sounds like rather complicated. (though you would have to ask its brilliant creator for a more profound answer)

anyhow, thanks for the input, after some consideration, i think i will accept Hrus'/endgame's 'purist' suggestion, and keep the two as "separate worlds". In my case it is not hard to manage since i only use very few stashes.

As for the grail...for now 1 item here or there does not matter, so i just won't count it. (or count it as the first piece in my HC grail...~500 more to go, woot!)

7. linkato1

linkato1 Banned

I'm playing HC with septavirate rules. I'm gathering a grail without runes and also stashing other interresting items.

After my septavirate and grail is completed I'm going to donate all the stashed items (except the grail) as freebies. If people want to use them in SC I don't mind at all.

Topi

8. farting bob

farting bob Banned

I use my items in my stash in HC and SC, since the items arent different if found in HC or SC, and the drop rates are the same. I dont really MP now unless its a HC tourney or a group, and all the ones im in are untwinked, and i havent traded/given away stuff for many months (bar prizes in competitions, all of which were SC)
    It really just depends on what you think is right, and what you enjoy the most.

9. Lohengrin

Lohengrin IncGamers Member

There is an ATMA option to control the moving of items from softcore to hardcore. If you do not set this option, ATMA will not allow you to move an item from a softcore character/stash to a hardcore character/stash. Presumably, there is not an option for moving from hardcore to softcore because that is generally deemed acceptable.

10. AlterEgo

AlterEgo IncGamers Member

Are you sure? I've never seen one. :scratch:

11. Hakai_no_Tenshi

Hakai_no_Tenshi IncGamers Member

Oh, it's in there .. you have to go the "Game Options" menu item. I need to redo that option list someday.

--T

12. AlterEgo

AlterEgo IncGamers Member

There are lots of options in that menu :D , but it seems that selecting/deselecting that choice makes no difference. At least it doesn't for my stashes.

13. Hakai_no_Tenshi

Hakai_no_Tenshi IncGamers Member

Stashes are a bit different because I do not have a HC flag for stashes. The design specs for the D2X format were made far in advance of such minor things as thinking of loopholes :D

There are a couple of things I wish I had added to the stash to make it more bulletproof but alas ... I'm only human. Anyway, the stash format definitely needs to be reworked. The option menu does work for character files though since it's easy to check if those are HC or not.

--T

14. Twoflower

Twoflower Banned

can t be done in game, is cheesy, either way around :rolleyes: