Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A question about LF/Poison Javazons..

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Starseed, Mar 27, 2004.

1. Starseed

Starseed IncGamers Member

A question about LF/Poison Javazons..

Well, before anyone points me to the search toolbar or one of the (very excellent) guides here in the forum, I've read them all and as great as they are, they're really in-depth and/or suggest items that I have no intention on starting my zon out with, nor do I have any aspirations to get her to 99.

I'm really just curious about the essential skills/synergies she'd need up to, oh let's assume (considering my character track record) 75-80 (excluding the obvious max Plague Jav/LF, of course). I also plan on using her for MFing, but like I said, I have no need for a shopping list of gear I don't have stashed on a mule somewhere. Just wanted to emphasize her role.

Thanks. :)

EDIT: Also, while I don't have any planned gear, if anyone could give me a rough estimate on stat levels.. that would be awesome (since that's where I run into trouble 99% of the time). Generally, how much str/dex/vit benefits the average javazon.

2. urban savage

urban savage IncGamers Member

lf/plague javazons are great fun and viable for anyone even without the godliest gear.
    basically get yourself a razortail/ tgods depending on your preference for 99% pierce or about 80% with + skills, 80 seems to be fine with me seeing as i'm no cower.
    then just grab youself some titans. these two items are of your greatest concern.
    after that a ravenfrost would come in handy. lots of mana leech helps also atleast 15% but hopfully more, as in using tals mask and a 7% manald or something else with massive mana leech. i like 6 into all passives atleast and then try to get lvl 17 valk. this is ofcourse very vague but basically:
    max lf
    max plague and poison
    1 pt into jab
    about 3-4 in all passives and the rest into valk and pierce.
    about 100 base strength or less depending if you want ss or not and t gods.
    enough for max block in dex so get youself a mosers or sheal eth rhyme shield (my personal favourite)
    the rest into vit so your a considerable tank! if not the best in the game. imo.
    that about does it. get youself some smoke or lionheart armour, defence doesnt matter with this build and with just titans, t gods, ravenfrost, manald, tals helm, smoke/lionheart armour, and a mosers 2* pdiamond your set to go to hell and back!
    i love this build, and if you have any spare points of course you can put them in charged strike as it will be your main boss killer.
    good luck with it

3. Starseed

I can get the 17 in Valk with +skills, right?

I mean, that's a lot of skill points there, lol.

Would 5 in pierce be good just to get a 55% chance?

So like.. 20 Plague/Psn Jav, LF
    12 Valk (+5 skills somewhere along the line)
    1 in all passives (4/2/4 DAE?)
    5 pierce

That's like 96 points which means 84+reward quests.

The only thing I notice is that with 1 point in the middle lightning synergies, even maxed LF is pretty weak, unless that's just how things are in .10? I only played around with one zon in .09 and this is my first in .10, so I'm kinda unfamiliar with them.

4. sir goatscelot

sir goatscelot IncGamers Member

Morning :) Lf does not really need it's synergies as Pierce is of more importance to it. Your char screen will say x amount of bolts, in reality when it pierces, the same x amount of bolts are released. Factor that in in with multiple throws and you can have 100+ bolts flying around all doing listed dmg :)

That being said, Lf has one major weakness, 3 or less monsters. It is the best mass crowd killer but loses it's luster with low monster counts. You have 3 choices here: choose charged strike and max that as it's the best boss killer an ama can have for non light immune. It's also a synergie for Lf... Next you could go with jab and plague ie) throw plague to weaken then jump in and jab away. You could also use fend but it's buggy in the sense that if you dodge, avoid, or evade while fending, you will miss all hits you have left in that fend cycle :(

As passives go, I actually put only 1 real point in them and let +skills take care of the rest. The Disciple set is great imho for a Java if you can get it. However, since Lf is not based on weapon dmg, you don't need godly items to kill. For Valk, Imo 5 points in decoy and valk is enough. I find that +skills help out. If you find that's too weak, go ahead and add more.

Remember that if you choose to max Lf & Char Str, you will be a little short for skills in the poison tree. And if you max Lf, Poi Jav, and plague, you will loose a little speed in boss killing etc.

Your choice and either way you go, it's all fun :) Oh btw, adjust points in pierce as needed because if you have access to some decent equipment, you might not need as many as you think...

5. Starseed

Awesome tips. Thanks!

So now I'm looking at 20 CS/LF/Plague, 10 psn jav/pierce (maybe still just 5 pierce if I can find a razortail), 1 all passives. Still contemplating the decoy valk thing.. I guess maybe leave them even at 1 and see what I can't do with +skills, just to save myself some points and add to valk if I really need to.

6. EnDrIn-SK

EnDrIn-SK IncGamers Member

20 lightning fury
    20 charged strike
    10 psn javelin
    10 pierce
    20 plague javelin
    1/1/1 d/a/e
    5 decoy
    10 valkyrie (supposin u got +7 skills)
    1 jab
    4 pre reqs

that is 103 pts, u can get that at lvl 92 (a bit too high) but if u go for 5 on pierce u can get that at lvl 87 which is not that hard to get..

i don't like psn that much, even it being more versatile, for me it sacrifices some time (yes i may loose the same time with LI), i find that my merc and me with eth upped titans can deal with lightning imunes very easily (yes i don't use valk :lol: ) but that is a good build to

good luck and cya

7. GITO86

GITO86 IncGamers Member

8. urban savage

urban savage IncGamers Member

that build is a little outa most of the average players reach, but even still having lvl 26plague/poison makes a very viable character when lf is included.