A question about LCS and Chance to Hit

ZeN

Diabloii.Net Member
A question about LCS and Chance to Hit

Well, it has been discussed in the past, but I can't find it.

The question is as follows:

My LCS shows 84% CTH Blood Lord. I have an Eth ( -25% target defense ) in WWS. Does the 84% has it already calculated? If not - how do I calculate it correctly?

Thanks.

Kefir-Tribe

Diabloii.Net Member
AFAIK the LCS doesn't take into account; ITD, -%TD, the level difference and possibly more things e.g. attack rating vs demons.

Flayed One

Diabloii.Net Member
That's exactly what I heard too, but it seems strange, but I can notice that a CtH goes up a bit with each level even with the same AR, so that can't be so simple( at least that "doesn't take level difference into account" part)...

ZeN

Diabloii.Net Member
AFAIK the LCS doesn't take into account; ITD, -%TD, the level difference and possibly more things e.g. attack rating vs demons.
OK. If I am 85 and up and running CS exclusively, LCS shows 80% and that same Eth is in - what is my CTH?

Is ther a simple way to compute it?

Flayed One

Diabloii.Net Member
here's the chance to hit formulae:

100 * AR / (AR + DR) * 2 * alvl / (alvl + dlvl)
AR = Attack Rating; alvl = Level of Attacker; dlvl = Level of Defender; DR = Defense Rating

Note: Attacks will never have less than 5% chance to hit nor more than 95% chance to hit.

(from facts and formulae archive)

Kefir-Tribe

Diabloii.Net Member
I guess you know about the CtH formula;

CtH = 100 * AR / (AR + DR) * 2 * alvl / (alvl + dlvl)
AR = Attack Rating; alvl = Level of Attacker; dlvl = Level of Defender; DR = Defense Rating.

If you've studied algebra it's quite easy to solve the above formula for DR, multiply it with 0.75 (which is the -25%TD as long as there's no stone skin etc. involved) and put the number into the original formula. That still doesn't take alvl and dlvl into account though.

I suppose it's possible to derive a formula for CtH (including -25%TD) as a function of CtH displayed in the LCS (still disregarding alvl and dlvl). But the easiest way should be to just look up the monster stats somewhere, e.g. d2data.net, and just use the CtH formula (but of course multiplying the monsters DR by 0.75 first).