Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A question about crystalline

Discussion in 'Diablo 1' started by CptNinjetty, Sep 7, 2015.

1. CptNinjetty

CptNinjetty IncGamers Member

Does anyone know if the crystalline weapon mod is only available at certain levels? I'm trying to theorize bard weapon combos and wondering if -a ksoh and a crystalline sword of vamp/blood is better ..if one can spawn anyway

2. CptNinjetty

Or is it possible to spawn a Crysttaline bastard sword of haste/speed/blood/or bat? Any one out there? :)

3. Valhauros

Valhauros IncGamers Member

I wanted to reply to you when you made the thread, but I honestly don't know the answer. The problem is that there isn't enough info on Hellfire's item level restrictions (same issue with your Jester thread). Theoretically, at least according to the data in Jarulf's Guide, it's possible that you could get a crystalline bastard sword with any of those suffixes, but the chances are so low that might as well give up on trying to get one. Also, not having the +% to hit from King's might not be worth it, but I wouldn't know.

4. CptNinjetty

Thanks for the reply! This is what I suspected as well.

And about the lack of to hit modifier I think maybe a bard could be ok without it, assuming you sub crystalline for kings in a setup that would use 2 king swords(wich would be the best option to keep the 3 targets up per two attacks unless you wanted to use a civerbs cudgel, and were unlucky to acquire a jesters bastard sword with a good suffix in the level range that it would appear.

Ideally this could yield like an extra 80% damage since I'd imagine most of not all the 2nd king's to hit would be overkill.

Alas, I will probaly never get a legit one to test it out :)