Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A question about casting delay

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by PandadudeSP, Aug 22, 2017.

1. PandadudeSP

PandadudeSP Diabloii.Net Member

So the arreat summit has a page on casting delay where they write:

"Tip: While you're waiting through the Casting Delay you can switch to another spell and use it while you're waiting for the first skill to be available to cast again. Example: Cast a Fire Wall (Casting Delay), then quickly switch to Static Field (No Casting Delay), then switch back to Fire Wall again.Once you get your timing right you can constantly cast spells even with a Casting Delay on one or both of them. Casting Delay spells are connected, such as the Druid's Armageddon and Hurricane, so you may not be able to combine two of the same Casting Delay spell."

I was going to make a FO / Hydra sorc, but reading on forums I understand they share the casting delay. Is the phrasing just misinformation, or are there actually skills which don't share the casting delay?

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
  2. JoeBruce

JoeBruce Diabloii.Net Member

FO/Hydra sorc is one of my favorite builds. Since you have a casting delay to deal with - not to mention needing something to do while your hydras are firing - I also dump ~10 points into static field. This gives you a fairly large radius to reduce things to half health very quickly.

As far as I can tell with casting delay, whatever spell you cast which has a delay, you won't be able to cast another spell with a casting delay until the delay from the first spell expires. When I cast Valkyrie with an amazon, I can immediately start lobbing Frozen Arrows (no casting delay), but I have to wait for Valk's long casting delay to expire before I can cast Immolation Arrow (which has a pretty short casting delay).

PandadudeSP likes this.
  3. PandadudeSP

PandadudeSP Diabloii.Net Member

Good call on pumping static field, I might still give the hydra/FO a go :)