Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A pvp newbie wants to know if his gear is okay for WW ifra

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Qor, Mar 25, 2004.

1. Qor

Qor IncGamers Member

A pvp newbie wants to know if his gear is okay for WW

Hey guys

First: Great forum, great knowledge base and a really great conc-guide (thanks to hal!). The Conc-guide served me very well through the pvm world, but at last I want to try some pvp. So, just as the title says, here's my gear:

Arreat's Face (6%ll, 194%ed)
    Arkaine's Valor (+2, 164%ed, 10dr)
    Steelrend (50%ed, 18str)
    Breath of the Dying Eth Cb (361%ed, 15%ll -- not that good, but 100% legit at least =))
    Gore Rider (Myrmidon)
    Immortal King's Detail
    Stormshield (Um)
    Highlord's Wrath
    2 * Ravenfrost (190AR/20dex, 249AR/20dex)
    Annihilus
    Huge amount of charms to max resistances

Lemme know if this is a good gear to start off and a short stat/skill-point distribution for pure WW (I'm right with this: max(bo, shout, mastery, ww)?)

Thanks in advance!

2. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

Yep, you pretty much have it all there. Make sure you pick up two angelic rings and the ammy for high defense enemies, and you might wanna replace the belt with Verdungo's and attempt to get Enigma (as tele and the damage to mana work very well with whirlers, and the str bonus lets you max vit), but otherwise you should be set. You have the base skill placement settled; pour your leftovers into ironskin, and get the typical one-pointers. After that, just keep minimum str/dex to maintain max block and wear gear with the bonuses from your items, and then pump vit.

Consider ed/str jewels for the helm and shield, and 3/xx/xx charms if you can manage them. You should be able to get pretty high resists from a point of nat resists, your 3 quests, annihi, and arreat's; a few charms won't hurt to boost it, but it shouldn't be a massive problem.

If you have any more questions about ww builds and such, just check the last couple of pages; there are tons of threads about these, and you can even look at IK ww threads as well, since they all use pretty much the same theorem.

-Hal

3. Qor

Qor IncGamers Member

Yo, please tell me why should I prefer Verdungo's instead of using Ik Belt? (str boost!) :drink:

4. Herald of Doom

Herald of Doom IncGamers Member

Vit boost :p
    More vit is better than more str.
    IK Detail:

+36 Defense
    +25 to Strength
    Fire Resist +28%
    Lightning Resist +31%

Verdungo:

Damage Reduced By (10-15)%
    (90-140)% Enhanced Defense
    +(30-40) to Vitality
    Replenish Life +(10-13)
    +(100-120)% To Maximum Stamina
    10% Faster Hit Recovery

So, you get 30-40 vit, better than 25str. the rest of the stats of IK belt are pretty useless, but the fhr from verdungo is really good, as is replenish life and Damage reduce. Clear winner ;)

5. Eisirt

Eisirt IncGamers Member

In fact a Perfect Verdungo will let you max DR together with Stormshield and grant you a nifty 160 life worth of vitality. Which yould make it superiour to the +20 STR (equals +20 % ED).

If you would go Bad Manner PK you can also opt for slow target on Nosf Coil or Arachnid's. Dual Ravenfrost feels like overkill to me, maybe could be replaced with BK Weddingband for more life or Dwarf Star for fire absorb.

Cat's Grace for Amu might also be worth considering....

6. Qor

Qor IncGamers Member

Hm, if it's about DR, I've just found a pretty good Leviathan, 182%ed, +50str, 24%dr, that's any good for my barb? (ww). Btw, how much ML do I need for effective ww? (with my outfit and bo I've a base mana of around 450)

7. Eisirt

Eisirt IncGamers Member

But Leviathan would mean ditching Arkaine's....thus 30 FHR and 2 Skill-lvl's.

And only that to keep the IK Detail ?

Find out the FHR breakpoints, I belief Arreats already gives 30 % so it might be possible to ditch Arkaines at only the expense of 2 skills.

But with Lev and Storm you're 14 % above the DR-cap of 50.

8. Qor

Qor IncGamers Member

LOL, I tried so hard to stick with my current whirler, he's pretty good in pvp but nearly 100% unusable for pvm. K Hal, I just can't quit your Conc Barb-Build, he just does ****ing well in pvm, it's just amazing when you're doing for example the anya quest with 7 other players, everyones dying, except one, yes! :). The 1H damage is well too (2,1k-6k and I still add stuff to increase it, base AR is like 15k without angelic stuff), fast zerk/conc-switching rox, taunt and howl are awesome... yes, there's nothing to fear as concer. Just another time to throw a big big thanks for your great great guide! (sorry for my english, no native). I'm just about to start a new Concer :) "Qoncentrate" @ EU, trying few changes =)