Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A poll of sorts!

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Nerigazh, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Nerigazh

Nerigazh IncGamers Member

A poll of sorts!

Nominate your personal winners in the following three catagories:

1) Most fun character
    2) Most unsuccessful character
    3) Most unique character

I bring this up as I've just started a WW barb after playing several classic "powerful hell soloing" builds (fishymancer and zon, meteorb sorc and hammerdin). It's a hoot even though it doesn't seem to kill as fast as some of the other builds I've played. Anyway, I'd like to know your experiences!

2. sirpoopsalot

sirpoopsalot IncGamers Member

1) Probably my first Paladin (who made Patriarch), the Gimmernator. Although, he certainly was't a fast killer, his huge FR/W made him quite safe.

2)
    a) My clvl57, v1.07 Lord of Mages necro that I upgraded to 1.10 and tried to take through act5 NM. Ouch.
    b) However, my current Necro project will probably surpass him, but I'm not telling any details - I haven't given up on him yet, and it's still a secret (for now, you may call him a poopymancer - because he's a piece of ****).

3)
    a) When he makes it, my necro will probably take the cake in this category.
    b) I'm rather proud of the Gimmernator, although it's probably not the most unique idea, it's still a non-cookie-cutter, it's fun, and it is viable with decent gear.
    c) I'm also rather fond of my (clvl93) CL/FW sorc, simply because she's a fairly non-standard sorc that can kick some butt too (in PvM, at least).

Additional Category: Most boring character
    4) I tried a fishymancer - didn't go far before falling asleep on my keyboard. Of course, he was still alive when I woke up.

3. RibGriller

RibGriller IncGamers Member

Ha, same with me, so I started putting all my points into PNova and PExplosion. He's way more active than your standard Fishy/Summoner.

1) Without a doubt, my two Frenziers (Axe and Sword) are the funnest. There's nothing like running around at 500 mph, hacking up everything that moves! :flip:

2) My first character was a Bowler Druid. Once I hit level 30, I started putting points into all the skills, and I couldn't kill anything in NM. :tongue:

3) Haven't had time for uniqueness yet. I'm still working my way through the cookie-cutter builds.

4. smilts

smilts IncGamers Member

my most fun character wasnt on SP at all but was my WW Asn she was great fun and still is on those rare times I go online

The one who did the worst for me was my first rabies druid not sure what I did there but it didnt work.

most unique is probably my Bow nec at least it is unique to me and not to bad of fun though slow.

boring goes to either my HC fishy summons or my old school conversion pally though I like him he was slowwww.

{Smilts} has lots of slow chars.:)

5. Sir Lister of Smeg

Sir Lister of Smeg IncGamers Member

1 Don't know, I need to play all of them again to have a viewpoint. I did have a blast playing my windy druid again yesterday. I've never seen a character rip hell Diablo apart, at players 3, that quickly, and at the same time see the lifebulb go down very quickly quite often.
    2 Avenger, has been in hell for a few years already, and every so often I take him a step further, but he dies far to easily to get more than one waypoint further in one go.
    3 I guess one of the random characters I made in some tourney, where all skills and stats are asigned randomly.

6. Gaz

Gaz IncGamers Member

Hmm - Most fun and most successful were probably both the same character. My first Matriarch, a Frozen orb/Firewall sorceress. Could do a mephisto run in about 90 seconds.

most fun - Now that's a tough call, but I'd have to go with the Randomiser. A random tournament paladin. Character was chosen randomly and all skills were assigned randomly. Also fun was the druid i had in the same tournament.

7. Fluffballer

Fluffballer IncGamers Member

I think all three for me are the same, ha. My current necro is a HC untwinked meleemancer using max firegolem, LR and an Iron Wolf. We'll see how far he goes.

8. Mursilis

Mursilis IncGamers Member

1) I'd have to say my strafe using Bowazon. Running around with a Buriza and duel leach firing machine-gun fast. What's more fun than that?

2) My first Paladin. Zeal was the main weapon and Thorns :shocked: was the only aura. Normal level was actually successful as most of the monsters killed themselves, this includes act bosses. Nightmare was very difficult but possible, however Hell was simply not possible. Got until the desert of Act II and once I ran into physical immune monsters I had to quit. Note this character was started in classic and upgraded to Expansion in Hell, which may account for the inability to go further.

3) See #2 as all the rest of my characters are either very traditional or were so long ago I've forgotten them.

9. Cattleya

Cattleya IncGamers Member

1) 2-handed melee enchantress. I have two of these that are mats, one in Act 4 Hell, and two more baby HC melee enchantresses. I continue to be impressed by the varity of builds for this character.

2) My first LOD sorceress. She had Blizzard, FO, and Firewall. She never made it out of the Blood Moor in hell.

3) I'm going to go with my Cleglaw's Concentrator on this one. The build is standard, the equipment is not. :grin: Poor guy is still stuck in Act 2 Hell, though, because I keep getting distracted with enchantresses. My first enchantress went the "teleport" route, maxing teleport so she could use an unsynergized ES from Memory and still be able to teleport in any situation. It worked out quite well.

10. barren

barren IncGamers Member

1) WW/kicker sin. Effective baal runner and built for pvp, so much fun!

2) Probably the sorc I made in the enchantress tournament. Got to lvl 27 before diablo decided to mercifully cut my career sort. Even with synergies and lvl 10 enchant it only added +50 damage. I don't remember being so frustrated with a character before. I'll mat an enchantress but I'm doing it twinked! Another big let down I had was my blizz/baller. Sure she rocked, but the whole point of the character was to run baal which my pure blizz was having trouble with. But I forgot that lister spawns cold and fire immune half the time, doh! At least my pure blizz can break immunities easier and run act 2 pits, pindle and mep a hell of a lot faster!

3) This is a tough one, not including spf tournament characters I'd have to go with my ww/kicker or werebear summoner.

11. LacertaCK

LacertaCK IncGamers Member

1)Ok, that's funny to me, since I was about to post that my most fun was a FO/Firewall sorc, and she was in LOD too. She was one of my first SP mats, and my main Meph runner for quite some time.

I think she ties for most fun with my Windy Druid. I need to remake one. Hmmm.... No <slap>! Need to do tourney's. New characters Bad!

2)For me, the most unsuccessful (or at least most disappointing) was the much acclaimed hammerdin. I hated him. I also didn't do so well with a whirlwind barb, back when they were really good. I kept whirling into the middle of a pack. <BAM> dead.

3)Most unique: Assassin...any build :grin:

12. neumein

neumein IncGamers Member

Most viable: 2H Berzerker Barbarian. 3-11k damage per swing, with virtually no immunes. Sounds good to me.

Most fun: windy druid is interesting, but my bowbarb takes the cake.

Most dissappointing: summoner necro. Boring.

13. Cattleya

Cattleya IncGamers Member

I perhaps should have mentioned the 400 life, no block, and Rogue merc. Those all combine to make Firewall pretty useless. :grin:

14. Brak

Brak IncGamers Member

1) Most fun character was hands down exploding arrow enchantress. I might make one in SP if I ever stop using all my free time on the tourneys.

2) Most unsuccessful character ever was the healing thornadin. The plan was to make a thornadin/CtCadin with FoH, thus healing myself with the holybolts that would spread out from the FoH. Didn't realize that holybolts from FoH are only offensive and don't actually heal. As you can see this severely disrupted my plans.

3) Have to be the above character. In all my time on Bnet, I never ran into another paladin trying to get as many monsters behind him as possible casting of FoH with maxed holybolt.