A plaguing question

udgatr

Diabloii.Net Member
A plaguing question

I am building this rabies/fury wolf and I am up to level 43. I started using the unique rune sword, Plague Bearer. The +5 to rabies:)whistling:) is just not ignorable. I was wondering if it's a weapon worth keeping and whether to socket it or not? If i do add a socket to it, then what do I put in?

Noodle

Re: A plaguing question

If I recall correctly, the maximum + skills for a class that actually has the skill in their skill tree is +3. So, while the weapon may say +5 to rabies, if you use it on a druid it would only grant you +3. Another class which doesn't normally have access to rabies would enjoy the full +5. Can someone confirm?

I'd recommend something accentuating the physical damage, such as a Ribcracker or Tomb Reaver. I've found blocking speed to be abysmal with wereforms, and prefer a two-handed weapon for this reason. The rabies I view as ancillary damage rather than the main point of the build. Also, remember that wereforms can wield a bow or crossbow as a melee weapon - a nice Buriza do-Kyanon can be a very nice weapon as well.

Regardless of what route you take, I wish you the best of luck!

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator

That only applies to oskill bonuses, but +rabies on Plaque Bearer is none if I'm not mistaken. A druid should get the full +5 bonus, others don't.

For the newcomers: Oskill bonuses are those which are given to any class, not just to those which orignally has that skill, like the warcry bonuses on the Call to Arms runeword, +teleport on Enigma or +fireball when wearing 2 items of the Trang Oul set.

Noodle

Thanks for the clarification, krischan - that's exactly why I asked for confirmation. :thumbsup: