Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A Pks attempt.....

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by STINGER, Mar 9, 2004.

1. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

A Pks attempt.....

Did a few Baals last night. Of course started public, but went private as we got a full run. Well, no run stayed together well so there was a lot of public and a lot of new faces.

This Barb with nice shiny red armor (God how obvious in most cases) hits the run. First, the red armor puts me on a bit of an alert as well as many things like acct names and such. Anyway, I let all my friends know I was concenred he may be a PvP build and to be carefull. One of the other reason he concenred me was that even though he knew he had a lesser BO that Birds Barb he was always in town with his sticks out and looked to be measuring his speed and distance on the wp.

Anyway, Bird had to split for a bit which gave this guy his opprotunity. The guys I wanred were sort of scouffing at my concerns but I stayed on my toes.

For a run or two i stayed in town and got BO in the Throne room....BTW this is my 95 Sin which is a good ear for the PK. Anyway, nothing happened so I figured I would give him a little test.

If I go down for BO i always immediatly hit the WP and have it ready and usually set traps. Well he comes down and "Fakes his crys" only giving Command and Shout and immediately goes to town even though the Telesorc wasnt even there yet. Anyway, here comes this zon and othe barb and bam the hostile and we all got out of there easy.

Now i sit back and throw out the old "I told ya"!

It is funny how HC players cant spot the obvious PK/PvP build by character looks. Hell I saw ole Beef Loooong ago with that ETH 2 hander and read armor and it was so obvious.

Oh well, first hard attempt at my sins ear, got a few questionable TPs here and there and a safe call on the stairs once that was one of the nastiest traps I ever saw.....cost my 13 Juvs to get thru that one!

LMAO......keep trying maybe some day you will catch me drinkin!

2. Baranor

Baranor IncGamers Member

Idiot-proof trick: Stick either a single red ruby in your armor and then +maxes or a single +max and then rubies...

3. WingBlade

WingBlade IncGamers Member

Stinger, is this sin on Xpac or Classic? And what's her name?

I'm just curious since I have my trapsin currently 91 on HCL... she's @ spot 54 on the sin ladder. PsueDo_PaX

4. WingBlade

Does this stop the armor from showing full red?

5. Spero

Spero IncGamers Member

From my experience, the color comes from the first thing you put in. Nothing after that matters.

Of course if the base item is colored, you're too late (jewelers full plate mail of the whale).

6. Baranor

Baranor IncGamers Member

no, but the idea is that pvp-ers who are legit might mistake you for a full-life fool, and the other setup is ideal for chargerdins or leaperbarbs who can rely on the damage of their weapon alone and still want to look like they don't have full life armor.

Its called "deception".

7. WingBlade

K thx... that helped

8. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

There are no Sins in Classic, and if ANYONE sees me lvl a character to 95 in Classic hunt me down and shoot me as I lost my LIFE already!

BTW, I of course wasnt 100% the guy was out to PK, it simply triggers me to a more cautious approach. Hell he could of been a dualer just trying to get a few quick lvls and didnt change gear to do it. I have to quarms with duelers, hell I dont care if PKs legitly try and take me, but I make it a habit to notice these things.

Deception is a tactic that most dont use, they tend to resort to switch weapons or holding gear in stash but hell that is even more obvoius usually.

9. TEB-Bird

TEB-Bird IncGamers Member

THe get away

Looks like I made my exit at the right time!!!

10. sohcan

sohcan IncGamers Member

I am assuming that is a term referring to a poor pvp/pk build? Sorry just not familiar with the term.

I was often mistaken for a pk when I was leveling up my sorcs with lots of pruby gear. Of course I was also called a noob and poor. However when your ghetto-gear allows double or more life and or mana, with max block and res versus the other sorcs, even those with "expensive non-noob" gear in the run, insults tend to feel like compliments. :D

11. NightShade

NightShade IncGamers Member

DECEPTICONS ATTACK!....atleast that's what I'd chant.../witty spam.

12. Baranor

Baranor IncGamers Member

I recall my first ever PK run where I got no less than 42 kills with my level 13 paladin, deaths varying from 9 to 38, in hunts, straight duels, insults, kspeed kills and god knows what. Ya all be really glad now that I was a legit player. What BM did I could have done far better on my own, with no help, if I had deceided to cheat. I have hunted people down in the strangest of locations, killed them in jails, at dury's chamber, even without knowing where to look for them in games without are designations. Rah, Nightshade, evils and some more like us could have unleashed true devastation on the realms. And we did, only legit style.

13. NightShade

NightShade IncGamers Member

I think just about all of us got that pm at some time or another.

14. Baranor

Baranor IncGamers Member

:buddies:

legit or death.

15. WingBlade

omg... I can't believe I forgot sins and druids weren't introduced until the xpac... doh... :bonk:

16. SonOfRah

SonOfRah IncGamers Member

I loved killing people in duriels chamber......especially if I come down just after they kill duriel, as they all do a mad rush to tyriel. I think my record in that room was 4 kills out of 6.

The CS is the next most fun place to hunt. All those monsters, curses and players make for a nice good brawl.

17. HR-Tecira

HR-Tecira IncGamers Member

Yea I remember at least one Help Diablo game that Rah and I joined and then proceeded to do just that Help Diablo ;). Have to save the poor demon from all those pvm chars that he is not equiped to deal with ;).

18. ConnerMacleod

ConnerMacleod IncGamers Member

LMAO, "Help Diablo". Now that's funny. :flip:

19. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

Someone needs to PK M_WallaceXII, I tried to convince him to suicide or duel out or something but nooooooo he likes being alive and has no regard for how spiffy 97 96 95 all gray would look on the top of the sin ladder...

After that, it is your responsibility stinger to level to 98 and die.

20. rachil0

rachil0 IncGamers Member

I snuck up on someone in claw viper 2 yesterday, poor guy never knew what hit him. I've chased people all the way to duriels chamber, but never gotten a kill out of it. Hehe, I had to search every tomb by hand until I could find a corpse or a moving monster to tell if they had cleared it or not.