Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A PK story with a happy ending for me.

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by rev129, Feb 5, 2004.

1. rev129

rev129 IncGamers Member

A PK story with a happy ending for me.

Ok, I saw a thread about this a few weeks ago but as it was happening before my eyes it's didn't really click. Here is what happen.

I had just got my trapper Mrs_Trapper to Hell this morning when things got a bit hairy. I created agame called "act1New". A few joined (allowed loot among us all) and we were crusing along doing quest when a lev 93 sorc joined in and immediatly asked for an invite, then almost immediatly threw up a port to Cats lev 4 and told us to hurry up and enter if we wanted Andy Quest.

I was a bit leary so I decided I could wait. However, 2 of the members in my party jumped at the opportunity. What happen next? Almost instant death as they intered the Sorcy port. As you can imagine, all hell broke lose. My 2 group mates and the pk went through the whole cussing match that must have lasted a good 15 minutes. Now remember, we all had allow loot on so I was hoping I could at least recover their gear. I guess the sorcy figured this out and hostled me as well.

So to make along story short, I never got to loot their gear. So they both leave as does the sorcy. I continue to quest when an Assassin joins the game and instantly goes hostle on me. Were both about the same level (74) and I'm feeling somewhat cocky with my lev 32 traps , lev 19 SM and near max resistance so I'm kicking the idea around in my head. Then a lev 89 Barb joins and the Assassin goes hostle on him. (clue#1) I

'm thinking to myself, your nuts but good luck. I decide to try and get a front row seat for the match so I walk out onto the bridge but noone is there. (clue#2) The assassin then clicks to allow me to loot. (clue#3). Then shortly the red message reads the Assassin was slain by the Barb. The Assassin then starts spamming every cuss word in the book at the Barb and then asks me to get her gear. Now remember, she is still Hostle to me.(clue#4) Damn, I'm thinking to myself, I want that loot!!!! So I ask where did the death take place? The assassin replys "Cats2 WP". Well, I don't even have Cats 2 WP so I ask the Barb for it.

He accepts my invite and throws up cats 2 wp immediatly. (clue#5) Then, just as I'm about to enter, my phone rings. I type, "BRB, phone" When I come back I go to my stash to make some room for the gear. I've got like 12 small rejuves so I make some fulls and get redy to go. Now I never told either of them I was back from the phone. I walked over to the port and as I always do starting laying down Traps.

Once inside the port, traps are going off everywhere, more than what I would consider the 5 I dropped. I also notice my life is taking a beating as well, This is when it hits me, "Oh ****, your been tricked!!!!" Then before I know it, the other Assassin is DEAD!!!! I guess I got lucky and he wasn't expecting me yet. Anyhow, the Assassin died and I looted. I guess the Asssassin was to pissed to stick around, she left pretty quick.

The only real item of value was a Shako, the rest was pretty much junk. Well, thats my story, I'm not sure how they were able to originaly put the slain message in red but it's still possible to do.

2. doubleOObubble

doubleOObubble IncGamers Member

Big... block... of... text... eyes... hurt... If the point is getting people to read your story, you'll be about 100% more successful if you format it at least a little.

3. Mn_Swe2

Mn_Swe2 IncGamers Member

I agree, but it was worth the read anyway :)

4. Silvervixen

Silvervixen IncGamers Member

Nice and easy read :D

I bet you where laughing your A## of, i know i would have. Anyway nice of him to donate a shako, and i bet he was mad...

vix

5. kurg

kurg IncGamers Member

yeah, good story.

We had a normal baal throneroom runner send a tp intentionally swarmed. I saw someone exit the game after going through. But then I saw 2 other people go through w/o much life loss. So I put up my e-sheild and frozen armor (lvl 40 or so sorc) and went through.

Man, I've never seen such a trapped portal, rofl! OMG the guy must have gotten every single monster in the place to surround the portal. It took me 2 teleports to get to the outside of the pack, lol.

At this point 2 other people leave, and as I'm mashing the rejuvs, I save+exit as well. Strangely, I never really got hit that hard, probably because the vast majority of the monsters were those witches (not much phys damage). Most of us rejoined and laughed about it. Nobody died, in spite of 4 or 5 of us going through the portal. So we ran back down to throneroom and made a successful run of it anyway.

6. rmg121212

rmg121212 IncGamers Member

Stfu

The usual posters like you are getting more and more annoying. The story was ok, the formatting also.

7. rev129

rev129 IncGamers Member

How about you take your 1 post and apply your post title.

8. justy303

justy303 IncGamers Member

U certainly owe him an apologie, since he wasn't referring to your post but to DoubleOObubble's. Strange how u make a half-page-thread (yes it was good reading) but can't even read a post that is only a couple of rows long.

9. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

No apology needed. He was refering to DoB's post, but said ALL "common" posters are getting more annoying.

Well, might i venture a guess that you (rmg) could be nominated for the most ironic post of the year? Hmm. Well, you say our posts are getting "more annoying" and you titled your thread "stfu". Wow, you sure seem like a guy to listen to, ill take your words to heart. Every last (1) post of YOURS has been nothing but an unprovoked, immature flame. Maybe before you criticize the way in which others are posting, you should post something worth reading.

Im guessing that most people would say DoB (and 98% of regular forum members for that matter) Have less "annoying" posting habits than you do. Try to improve YOUR posting habits and maybe you can break 15 posts here, eh?

As for the story, Good job on the kill! Yes, there have been a few posts on the subject of that little trick, good to see someone get the better of those lamers!

-Matt

10. Forbiddian

Forbiddian IncGamers Member

Ah, death messages are in gold, not red.

If you see a red message, it's WAY too obvious.

Also, what usually happens in duels is the winner tries to kill everyone in the game or get them to leave so nobody can loot. The mere fact that he gives you the wp should be a clue.

11. annr

annr IncGamers Member

mrs_trapper, that name sounds familiar. i think i saw you argueing with a barb or something that had hostiled you the other day? i was in your game mfing ancient tunnels :cool:

12. Muad'Dib

Muad'Dib IncGamers Member

This method of pking is very wide spread, I suggest you do not even bother with looting other people who are victim of a duel.

You see 1 of these scams every so often.

Add APA_Karnage and iTorchNigs to the list also.

13. PsYcHo.u[N]

PsYcHo.u[N] IncGamers Member

Heh this sort of reminds me of a game i was playing the other day..
    Ok so im in a game for act two norm and im like lvl 16. this druid comes in and i look and hes lvl 45 so i figure hes a pker. im a little worried so im in town watching him on my minimap..hes standing just outside of town, makes a tp, and says "take my tp"
    well needless to say, im like "you dumb*** i can see you on my freakin minimap" well then he leaves, me and a paly start laughing and continue questing.. :cool:

14. doubleOObubble

doubleOObubble IncGamers Member

I guess I came off a bit clumsy. I apologize. The point is: I open a thread because I thinks it might be interesting reading. If I open up a white block three inches high, then I get discouraged and I believe some others are too.

That doesn't make my original post less stupid so once again: I'm sorry. I'll try and refrain from such impoliteness again :)

PS: What did rmg121212 say again? I guess he didn't see the original post before it got edited... All I see is: "This message is hidden because rmg121212 is on your ignore list." :xrollseye

15. Forbiddian

Forbiddian IncGamers Member

Why do people think that it requires a duel?

Another example of this "scam" is where the scammer just drops some jewel or charm or something while fighting, to make it look like a monster just died with it on.

Then they don't pick it up, so you grab it. When you do, they pretend it's a big deal and go hostile (they use the charm as an excuse, so it doesn't look AS MUCH like the 'ole color hack thing).

Then they send the Slain by XXX message where XXX=a monster.

And you have loot.

Someone tried to pull this on me (it was pretty obvious that he had dropped the charm because he was stabbing at people above him and the charm fell well below him... and he didn't pick it up).

He was stupid, though (obviously stupid). He sent a Slain by Griswold message (so that I'd take Stony into his death), but he was hostile to me, and yet he was being killed in Tristram....

Perhaps he was using this as a way to justify his killing (only a noob would miss that).

When I kill people, I always have a way to justify it so I don't have to feel guilty or something. If I used a hack, I would definitely need this escape.

So I got off with a charm (it ended up being +1 dex, but I wasted his time, atleast).

Shame he didn't get a Slain by RxPot message... RxPot was my character's name at the time... he didn't OD or anything, although that would also be pretty funny.