Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A party friendly sorc?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by aremgy, Feb 13, 2004.

1. aremgy

aremgy IncGamers Member

A party friendly sorc?

Looking for a build that will be totally party friendly - wanna play her only in parties, if possible. Not to be a killing machine.

Thinking MAX Teleport, MAX Static Field to start. Maybe some Glacial Spike to freeze things?

Fast cast rate on equipment. Not rich here, but have some decent gear.

Any creative ideas?

R

2. this_barb

this_barb IncGamers Member

last time i checked... most sorcs were already party friendly (typed this while i stood in a freshy massacred pile of cow corpses thanks to one special lightning sorc)

3. Mule

Mule IncGamers Member

Maxing teleport isn't really party oriented, do you want to run off often? :)
    Static is always nice, instant halving life in hell, I doubt you'll need it maxed as only the radius increases, keep some tanks (druid, barb, pally or so) in front of you, then static from behind.
    Enchant gives melee members more damage, always nice. Having a might or HF merc. But really, the sorc isn't so much a party animal, nearly all her skills are based on killing unlike a necro or pally.

4. jason166

jason166 IncGamers Member

If we are talking about party friendly then I would say the most party friendly sorc is an enchantress... My level 87 melee sorc makes use of a level 30 enchant/fire mastery and 20 points into the warmth synergy for an added 1700 fire dmg (melee,850 ranged) to all non spell attacks and an added ~+282% Attack rating. This definitly adds some punch to others attack, the best bonus probably being all that attack rating.

Also it's important to note that I can cast this dmg on a level 1 charracter and they still get 1700 fire dmg... talk about a godly char :) Were talking a one hit kill on every monster for a level 5 charracter in an 8 player game in act 1.

I bet that same char could kill andriel in one hit easily after I enchant them.

Jason

5. Stiertje

Stiertje IncGamers Member

How long is the duration of this Enchant?

It would be nice to have such a char for boosting purposes. Getting to level 25 is the hardest part in boosting a char.

Of course you could also boost a char further without ever trying to get exp. Personally I have a level 1 Matriarch, which is kinda cool. She's mainly for trade purposes so I keep her level 1 for now :)

6. prion

prion IncGamers Member

Max static, nah with + skills 5 or ten should do you, and since you're in a party just stand behind the biggest barb, it'll make him look good. GS will never have as long a freeze duration as frost nova or FO, which both have equal duration (27 seconds at slvl 20) so you have your choice there.

if you max your cold sheilds and wear heavy armor and sheild you can be a tank and just stand there, setting off frost nova or FO from time to time, and letting the monsters sswing at you. backup with a fire rogue.