Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A noob question, what skills should I put skill points into?

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Muhammad, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Muhammad

Muhammad IncGamers Member

Hey,
    This is my first thread and sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong forum. So I started a Paladin and he's level 18 and my main attack is Sacrifice along with Zeal, I put 4 points into Sacrifice and 4 points into Zeal, now that I get 5 hits from Zeal and I know Sacrifice contributes to Zeal's damage but I don't know if I should invest more points into Sacrifice from now on, I want to do a lot of damage and I'm doing well so far and I'm focusing on Sacrifice and my health doesn't drop quickly and I use Cleansing out of combat and the game is so easy, I've never got killed by any monster, so my question is should I keep going for Sacrifice or is there any skill I should be using? I've unlocked Vengeance. A little help would be great :)

Thanks in advance.

2. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

Sacrifice provides a nice damage boost to Zeal, although I generally don't make maximizing it an early priority. I've been playing a zeal paladin lately myself, currently at level 51 and at the end of Act 1 in Nightmare. I dropped a few points in Holy Shield as soon as I could for the increased defense and blocking, and saved points to put in Fanaticism once it became available. Fanaticism both increases your Zeal damage AND its speed, so it's a more valuable skill than Sacrifice in my opinion. Once I have Fanaticism maxed out, I'll go back and max out Sacrifice.

Vengeance can be a nice option to use on Physical Immune monsters you'll start running into later in the game, but probably not necessary now. I'd hold off on adding any points to it, as it may not be necessary at all - you may find a weapon with high elemental damage you can use on Physical Immunes without having to invest points in Vengeance at all.

If this is your first Diablo character, keep in mind that you will have the opportunity to reset your skill points should you so desire, so if you want to throw a few into a random skill just to check it out, you won't be doing irreparable harm. It's all about having fun - good luck to you, and please let me know if I can help in any way!

- Noodle

3. Muhammad

Muhammad IncGamers Member

Thanks for your informative asnwer, it helped me a lot. I will go for a Zealot build. Thanks again!