Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A non-ladder HC thred (mainly for me to talk about getting my 1st guardian)

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by colony, Mar 19, 2004.

1. colony

colony IncGamers Member

A non-ladder HC thred (mainly for me to talk about getting my 1st guardian)

As my HC characters dont qualify for the HC ladder i thought id better talk about them some other place. I would have chosen the daily thread, but i couldnt find it in any obvious location (ie not on the page when i flick through it quickly:yawn: )

Anyway I got my hammerdin through Act4 and 5 over the last couple of days, act 5 taking a VERY long time, due to frequent trips to town. The ancients were surprisingly easy, as i got very lucky, and the worst mod they had was extra fast. No fire enchanted one to kill me instantly.

The Worldstone keep was surprisingly tough though. After quitting once after i found gloam-like things at the bottom (the lightning casting nasty things) i start again, and theyre still theyre. So i decide to risk it and try to kill them. After resurrecting my mercenary repeatadly (good thing i hadnt been gambling for a while), i finally got to the final uniques. Hammers made short work of these, with the minions of destruction taking slightly longer. Then i got to Baal. Even he couldnt stand up to blessed hammer.

So i got my 1st guardian. It felt like the first time i killed Diablo on Classic all those years ago, and made me feel good.

Then i stopped to think a bit. Having a spell that does 4500 damage was fun. But i wanted an even bigger challenge. So I think i might make a HC sorc or javazon now. With a much smaller amount of life The game should keep its fun for now.

Sorry for the (relatively) long post with no real info in it, but thanks for reading

2. farting bob

farting bob Banned

hey, your first guardian deserves a thread of its own. 1 day i hope to have my fist guardian. i came within an act, but that death was my last HC character. i cant face goig back, way to much to lose..

3. AlterEgo

AlterEgo IncGamers Member

Congrats to you colony on your achievement :clap: And guardians definitely deserve their own thread :)

But tell us more about your charater - lvl, skills, stats, gear, etc.

4. colony

colony IncGamers Member

Farting Bob: Ive been lucky. My highest lvl dead HC character is lvl52, somewhere around the canyon of the magi. The main loss i found was those unique items that are so common on normal diablo (bloodfist etc.) that become extremely useful with a HC character

AlterEgo and everyone else:
    Heres the extra info i left out earlier due to sheer laziness:
    Lvl: 82
    Stats (these are with items and charms): Str: 100 Dex: 145 Vit: 253 Energy: 35
    Skills: Max Blessed hammer (with max Vigor and lvl18 Blessed aim. Max concentration, 4 or 5 on Holy Shield)
    Items: Rare Circlet: +1 paladin skills, +15 resist all, some other useless mods
    Amulet of the Whale
    Rose Branded War Scepter
    Skin of the Vipermagi
    Frostburn
    Sanctuary Aerin Shield
    Nightsmoke
    Ring of the Apprenctice
    Manald heal
    Hsaru's Boots

For MF purposes i swap the armour and circlet for a crown with 3 flawless topazes, and gothic plate with 4 flawless topazes (140%, not much, but still very useful if Mephisto is being generous)

5. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

Congratulations! :clap: I'm hoping to get a Guardian too, eventually. Closest I got was Act 2 Hell (damn you Duriel...)

Good luck with your future HC characters, may they be blessed with the same good fortune your Hammerdin was!

6. Kaysaar

Kaysaar IncGamers Member

Great work, this is no small accomplishment! :clap:

7. Pb_pal

Pb_pal IncGamers Member

Quite impressive! Guardians definately merit their own threads. :thumbsup: I wish to someday make Guardian as well, probably with either a fishy or a hammerdin. Although that's not very likely, closest I've ever been with a HC char is act 4 norm :lol: I'm too reckless, don't pay too much attention.

Anyways, congrats once more, keep em comin!

-Pb

8. Icebird

Icebird IncGamers Member

Congrats! Any Guardian deserves its own thread.

Chris

9. BubbleTough

BubbleTough IncGamers Member

Another Guardian, man you guys are cranking them out, aren't ya? :thumbsup: Congratulations on your first Guardian, and best of luck on your future HC endeavors

10. TrenShadow

TrenShadow IncGamers Member

Congrats on the Guardian - as has been mentioned, any new Guardian deserves it's own thread :)

11. whomhead

whomhead IncGamers Member

many congratulations!! i'm always envious of guardians. :clap: