Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A nice story of BNet Generosity

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by SlaaneshBen, Mar 24, 2004.

1. SlaaneshBen

SlaaneshBen IncGamers Member

A nice story of BNet Generosity

Hi all.

I see so many threads in here, about the bad things. I had a great time tonight though.

I have recently been able to afford, on BNet, to start myself up a great PvP character. I have a lovely BoneNecro, with sweet gear, save for his ammy and armour (No Enigma and Maras for me yet) and his Charms (No anni or skillers yet)

I made a game for dueling, and before long a trapsin came. And I got owned. We played maybe 5 duels, and the "score", so to speak, was 4-1 in his favour. We spoke for a while, and he gave me some great tips on fighting trapsins. Another few minutes, and the duels were closer.

Then another trapsin came, who i fought and totally dominated, thanks to his tips! The, once the other left, he gave me a Thundergods belt for free! Then, we dueld again, and his traps just did nothing, and yet he was great about it, and even offered me some more free stuff, which I couldnt take, I woulda felt bad about it, because he gave me a great item, and offered some great advice.

I just thought I would share this with you all. Be nice out there. I try my best to be nice, and I am sure BNet will be a better place if everyone was nice like that.

Ben

2. Masenko

Masenko IncGamers Member

Yeah, of course there are nice guys around. It's just that the ratio of bad:good is probably 50:1. Also, the idiots tend to say crap which makes them much more noticeable.

3. Metroid_01

Metroid_01 IncGamers Member

yah, i have a story kinda like that, but it doesnt start too well lol. once a loooooooong time ago when i was rather noobish i got trade scammed. i was hit with the item switch scam :hanky: , trading my titans revenge javas for a occulus. back then i had no idea how good a deal this was for me but oh well. i lost the titans and was REALLY mad about it, but some really nice person in that game literally gave me the occy his char was using at the time... that was prolly one of the nicest things someone who i didnt know did for me. the occy was personalized, and i still have it, its prolly like a year old. its just incredible how different some people can be. if you look hard enough there are some great people out there, but they are hard to find.

4. gblan

gblan IncGamers Member

It's not really that hard. Just generally stay away from the teenagers. They tend to be the largest group of imbeciles (nicest word I can use there) on B.net. Not to say there aren't great kids to play with or jerk adults. It's just the percentages. It's not difficult to identify them either. All you have to do is watch their spelling/vocabulary. They announce themselves well if you listen to your instincts. You'll see them bragging about that pwn crap and scamming folks. By the same token you can find out who the kind and helpful people are by surfing their reputations in the chat rooms. Read the profiles too. They often tell you much about a person's demeanor. Mine says, "Clean, fair, straight up. If you or the 14 year old punks that you play with map hack, bot, scam, or cheat in any way then you losers play together because I have no use for you."
    GB

5. Metroid_01

Metroid_01 IncGamers Member

wait...im a teenager....oh well ^.^
    but in my experience, prolly because i do alot of public dueling most people are complete idiots. join a given game and you will get atleast 3 either: trapsins, fohers, or fb/blizz sorcs that will nk and tg. actually just today i met a 85 barb that nked my meleesin. dueling i guess isnt the way to go if you want to meet nice people, though i have met some throught it.
    when i do lvl chars, mostly when they are at the lower lvls i can sometimes find that nice person who rushes, or gives off some free items. completely forgot bout that aspect of d2 lol.
    but pvp is where many problems lie, for the obvious reason of people outside of ladder especially dont really care about competition. now in ladder im sure you get the lvl 96 chars braggin that they are so amazing, because of their high lvls but thats about all..
    though, it seems there are more "i dupe for you" games out just recently. (us east non ladder sc) so scammers are at a high.
    more or less i dont talk much to any chars with racist comments in their names or anything along the lines of owned. thats around half of the idiots anyway.
    i dont know of any names that are popular in channels, but the forums tend to get a few trustworthy people. when you come here its like you assume a real identity, and people just dont forget as easy as you might think... on bnet you have your friends and everyone else, and those can be seen as targets, but here you do something like that and everyone WILL know.
    the real shame is these people have to use cheats like bots and maphack to play....its really sad.