Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A nice, clean Palin thread...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by jmervyn, Sep 9, 2008.

1. jmervyn

jmervyn Diabloii.Net Member

A nice, clean Palin thread...

At least mostly clean. I'm sure we'll talk about bikini pics and such, but for heaven's sake let's not start debating the technicalities of abortion or religion. Aren't there enough of those damned threads out there already?

2. Dondrei

Dondrei Diabloii.Net Member

Re: A nice, clean Palin thread...

Heheh, these forums have seen more threads on Palin in the short time she's been announced than McCain in all the time he's been running.

P.S. Your article has liberal feminists confused with radical feminists.

3. SmashThePatriarchy

SmashThePatriarchy Banned

http://www.frontiersman.com/articles/2000/05/23/news.txt

During the time that Sarah Palin was mayor of Wasilla, women that were raped were charged the bill for their rape kits. This is because the police chief (Palin's appointee) didn't want to "burden taxpayers."

Palin did, however, burden taxpayers in the construction of a youth sports center.

I wonder why feminists might take issue with that.

4. Ankeli

Ankeli Diabloii.Net Member

This is a pretty worldwide phenomenon, outside these forums too. That alone speaks volumes of American Stupidity © if McCain gets elected in the end without improving his running strategies greatly.

Are we allowed to talk about the praying away the *** in this clean thread? That's as clean as it comes. :crazyeyes:

5. bagar

bagar Diabloii.Net Member

Too bad you chose this way to return to the boards, since you sometimes post mildly interesting things.

6. SaroDarksbane

SaroDarksbane Diabloii.Net Site Pal

You seem oddly familiar but I can't put my finger on it . . .

7. jmervyn

Well, at least we're mirroring the mainstream media...
    I doubt an Alaskan conservative Eskimo recognizes the diff; they're <all> quite liberal about a lot of things, yet regard much of what goes on in our coastal areas as being radical.
    Maybe I missed it, but how is that directly Palin-related? I mean, the Frontiersman article is a stretch but certainly fair game, as would be the inference that Palin wouldn't approve of the cost burden.

However, there's an awful lot of these inferences that just don't hold water ("Sliming Palin", and by Newsweek, even!)

Oh, I should say that anyone who has some nice things to say about Joe "I'm smarter than you" Biden is welcome to post in here as well.

8. bg1256

bg1256 Diabloii.Net Member

Well, who should pay for it? As far as I'm concerned, the gov't should simply be the default option. The case should be made that the gov't should pay, instead of naively assuming it should pay for anything and everything.

Shut your yapper about American Stupidity. Unless you live here and experience it first hand, you don't have any credible experience or evidence that qualifies you to speak. If you do, perhaps it's evidence of your Finnish stupidity?

9. jmervyn

I think we've found a great use for Planned Parenthood and NOW advocates, don't you?
    Now, now, Ill needs a playmate and WB is too sane. Let's not quarrel about who killed who.

Next, find something good to say about Biden. Dare ya.

10. Rashiminos

Rashiminos Diabloii.Net Member

Nice anecdote, but light on political value...

11. Lyrs

Lyrs Diabloii.Net Member

There aren't any clean people, but some people are dirtier than others. I won't agree with a person who calls him or her self a hardcore fiscal conservative and yet managed to accumulate over 20 million dollars of debt for a small town of less than 6 thousand people. Hopefully, it's only a small stain on Palin's increasingly more colorful rosa tablet.

12. jmervyn

Charming. Can you expand upon your snipe? I'd like to know what your sources are, lest it be another of the "OMG She claimed travel per diem to go HOME!!!ONE!!" variety (P.S. the Post buries the real information at the bottom of the second page).

13. AeroJonesy

AeroJonesy Diabloii.Net Member

Biden is actually against the use of government dollars to fund abortions. That should cheer up at least just a little.

14. CyberHawk

CyberHawk Diabloii.Net Member

Palin....

I think she's great.

Cant make complete sentences, I like that she's on my soon to be ticket to vote for, i'll just say..

Impressive/nice/scary/direct/for the people/screw the media/pitbull/ObamaBiden's nightmare/awesomeness.

She's America!! :thumbup:

15. Rashiminos

Doing some choice editing and I hope not.

Edit:

Cult of Palin anyone?

http://trailblazersblog.dallasnews....now-available-sarah-palin-action-figures.html

16. PFSS

PFSS Diabloii.Net Member

Are you arguing for a fully privatized police force where the victims of crime should be required to pay for the full cost of the investigation into the crime?

17. BobCox2

BobCox2 Diabloii.Net Member

McCain Got a Nice Bounce on Her...
    September 9, 2008
    McCain Now Winning Majority of Independents
    Majority of independents now prefer him over Obama, 52% to 37%
    by Lydia Saad
    PRINCETON, NJ -- John McCain's 6 percentage-point bounce in voter support spanning the Republican National Convention is largely explained by political independents shifting to him in fairly big numbers, from 40% pre-convention to 52% post-convention in Gallup Poll Daily tracking.

By contrast, Democrats' support for McCain rose 5 percentage points over the GOP convention period, from 9% to 14%, while Republicans' already-high support stayed about the same.

The surge in political independents who favor McCain for president marks the first time since Gallup began tracking voters' general-election preferences in March that a majority of independents have sided with either of the two major-party candidates. Prior to now, McCain had received no better than 48% of the independent vote and Obama no better than 46%, making the race for the political middle highly competitive.

Layering voters' political ideology over their party identification provides the additional finding that the slim group of "pure independents" -- those with no political leanings to either major party -- grew more favorable to McCain by an even larger amount over the past week or so. McCain was preferred over Obama by 20% of pure independents in Gallup Poll Daily tracking from Aug. 29-31. In the latest three-day rolling average, from Sept. 5-7, he is favored by 39% of non-leaning independents, a 19-point increase. (Nearly 40% of pure independents remain undecided.)

The more modest expansion of McCain's support among Democrats has come mainly from the right wing of that party, with 25% of conservative Democrats now favoring him over Obama, compared with 15% just before the Republican gathering. Moderate and liberal Democrats show only slightly more support for McCain than they did prior to the GOP convention.

There has been no change in the presidential preferences of either conservative Republicans or moderate-to-liberal Republicans.

In contrast to the differential shifts in support for McCain by party and ideology, Gallup Poll Daily tracking finds a uniform rise in support for McCain since late August among men and women. The percentage of men supporting McCain over Obama pre- and post-Republican convention rose from 46% to 52%, while the percentage of women rose from 41% to 46%.

Voters 30 and older are more likely to be supporting McCain than they were just prior to the Republican convention, but not young voters. In contrast to the 7-point jumps in support seen among those aged 50 to 64, and 65 and older, there has been a 1-point decline in support among 18- to 29-year-olds.

Regionally, Gallup finds solid gains for McCain in all areas of the country except the West, where his already fairly high support has held steady. However, the 9-point increase for McCain in the South on top of his previous 49% support level in that region makes the South now overwhelmingly pro-McCain, 58% to 36%.

Final Points

The events on the Republican stage in St. Paul, Minn., from Sept. 2-4 appear to have provided two important boosts to the McCain-Palin ticket.

First, according to the latest USA Today/Gallup poll, conducted Sept. 5-7, McCain has energized his Republican base and, as a result, has potentially strengthened his positioning on Election Day with "likely voters." Second, as the Gallup Poll Daily trends discussed here show, voter movement toward McCain since the Republican convention occurred mainly with independents, thus broadening McCain's appeal beyond the party.

Republicans had already lined up for McCain before the convention started. Now, they are excited, and are joined by more independents than at any other time in the campaign. Those gains may not last -- "bounces" rarely do -- but they enable McCain to launch the next phase of the campaign with the knowledge of what his winning coalition might look like.

18. CyberHawk

CyberHawk Diabloii.Net Member

Well you forgot nice/scary/direct/for the people...oh oh and awsomeness.

And Cult..so Im a cult kind of person casue I like someone?

Editing..more like labeling.

But go ahead, choice edit all you want if it makes you feel better. Looking and listening to her for the next 4 years will be my gift to you. :)

19. Rashiminos

The cult of personality remark was in reference to the action figures of Palin.

And it would be more like a curse than a gift.

20. jmervyn

Actually, it does. Any idea if he's telling the truth in that regard, i.e. did he say it before starting his run?
    I had seen that somewhere - I can imagine it's the #1 purchase priority for all kinds of creepy Santeria and voodoo types.

EDIT - this just in, thanks to JoeNoMoe on the GW OTF - an honest-to-goodness Palin gaffe! About time, too. Still, since most people don't have the foggiest frickkin' idea about Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac in the first place this may not have legs.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2008