Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A Newbie revealed :)

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Ozi, May 17, 2005.

1. Ozi

Ozi IncGamers Member

A Newbie revealed :)

I've been lurking for several months to this forum, and I just thought to say hi. Well, I'm not a real diablo newbie, I play diablo for years, since diablo i. Actually diablo was my first game I've ever played :love: But I still play this game in a girly impulsive way ( I'm a girl) and haven't managed to beat Hell Ancients yet :p
    So, hello!
    PS: Any advice for Amazon Hell Ancient slaughter is welcomed.
    PS2: Sorry for my english, my greek is better :)

2. Nightfish

Nightfish IncGamers Member

Welcome to the forum!

As for the hell ancients: try crushing blow. Use goblin toe / guillaume's face, switch to weapon / shield and go melee. Personally I like my 4Eth2Shael Phase Blades for that. When you've whittled them down to a few HP change to your regular attack. My amazon beat hell ancients with a Gull dagger that way.

3. ahcw

ahcw IncGamers Member

Welcome to the forums and did I read correctly that we have a new EU? If so stop on by at the EMB, they have made a lovely ladies section and we always enjoy new faces there :).

As for the ancients I think NF is right with the CB. It is the ultimate boss killer and will make life much easier. Otherwise try to cast Valk (if you have it) to keep the attention of 1 or 2 of the ancients while you pummel the third. Also taking out Madawc first will relieve some headaches later on.

4. Ozi

Ozi IncGamers Member

Goblin toe ? guillaume's face??? I SP, and always play untwinked. My 87 lvl bowazon kept running for 20 minutes, spamming here and there some guided arrows, and dying with a single punch :( I could never go melee with her! I think the secret is : patience.

5. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

Welcome! Keep plugging away at the ancients, and you'll knock 'em out in time. What bow are you using?

I don't suppose you're bald, are you? Hope springs eternal.

- Noodle

6. nobo

nobo IncGamers Member

welcome to the forums! :wave:

gull for mf? :lol:

in general, reroll the ancients (cast a tp) if they spawn with nasty mods ike fe, might/fana or ad.
    try to seperate them (cast vally and decoy and run to the other edge of the plateau). very often only one of them follows you so you can concentrate your attacks.
    as amazon (except you go melee with maxblock) use slow and knockback to keep them out of melee range (only madawc can be frozen). with guided arrow the chance to hit them is 95%.
    (i'm not sure if knockback/slow/guided arrow work correctly on them, i couldn't find any proof against it).

good luck! :)

7. farting bob

farting bob Banned

Hello lovely lady! :love:
    Im farting bob, i'm sure you'll get to know and love me, everyone else has.
    *kisses shins, instead of kicking them, as is the usual tradition for n00bs here*
    So, tell us about about your self..

8. TopHatCat64

TopHatCat64 IncGamers Member

I have a lvl 90 bowazon myself and I used that method to defeat the ancients. Although I was twinked out the wazoo I do believe the run and shoot method should yield victory after some time. You probably even have more health then I did since I went base vit and I had about 400 life :lol:

After a couple of tries I managed to get one of the ancients occupied while the leaper chased me around while I ran and pumped out GA's once I had enough breathing room and just kept repeating that till all were dead.

What sort of bow are you using right now?

And finally....welcome to the forums! :)

9. HBeachBabe

HBeachBabe IncGamers Member

welcome. always nice to have fellow women around (would "fellow women" beconsidered an oximoron?)

anyway, enjoy your stay. the guys here are generally well behaved but if you ever need any, I have a ready supply of testosterone repellant as well as some stashed at the EMB, so just ask.

Now, how do you feel about aardvarks?

10. Ozi

Ozi IncGamers Member

Thank you all for your lovely welcome :)
    This is my weak amazon's gear:
    Ugly Tal Rasha's mask
    Skin of the Vipermagi
    Magewrath
    Immortal gauntlets
    Infernostride boots (love those)
    Hwanin's belt

Maxed Valk , Immolation,
    some strafe, some Freezing, some passives....
    Well, she was doing great, until those evil Ancients!

11. piscene

piscene IncGamers Member

Welcome to the SPF. Always nice to have another EU to help water down the testosterone.

I also have an Amazon (MA Bowazon) stuck on Hell ancients and falling victim to the FE bug instant death over and over and over and over and over...GRRRRRR. From what I understand, you need to reroll until they aren't Fire Enchanted. I have not yet had any luck. So, when you figure it out, let us all know how you did it.

12. Nightfish

Nightfish IncGamers Member

Gull because I had nothing else with me, could have punched but didn't think of it. Also using gull makes the story that much better. :)

13. Sidhe

Sidhe IncGamers Member

Welcome to the SPF, Ozi! :) Nice to have another EU around here, we're too few by far! Hope you'll enjoy your stay here, but i'm pretty sure you will. ;)

14. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

Welcome to the SPF, and enjoy your stay:) Nice avatar!

For Hell Ancients a maxed Valkyrie will be an invaluable friend, along with slow and hit+run tactics as mentioned...good luck! (I hate those buggers:()

15. Stony

Stony IncGamers Member

Hello! Don't worry, The Ancients are really, really hard to do with any ranged character, but especially with a Bowazon. My poor little Glacial Spike sorceress had to try over 30 times before she finally got them. Lots of arrows, a high level Valk, and patience are your only hope here.

Stony

16. HBeachBabe

HBeachBabe IncGamers Member

another helpful tidbit is to litter the ground with potions from your pack so when your belt runs out you can grab some more easily.

for a bowazon, slow & cold gear helps alot. slow can be found on Cleglaws gloves - a pretty easy item to find. Otherwise, hit & run. Also, don't forget to use your decoy. Even with 1 point (and hopefully some +skills) she'll distract one of them long enough for you to do some damage without being targeted right away

17. PyroStock

PyroStock IncGamers Member

If an Ancient is 'Fire Enchanted' a bug in the game means they can kill you in 1 hit. You don't want to fight them if any are 'Fire Enchanted' so you're right patience is the key there.

My untwinked FireHunter also feared Hell Ancients as they wouldn't stay still (jumping, whirling, etc) for his Volcano and an OakSage Druid with a bow is no Amazon. I didn't feel he had any chance, until he found HoneSundan (45%CrushingBlow) for his Might Merc. With Spellsteel (for Decrepify) on weapon-switch and resummoning my pets (OakSage, Grizzly) combined with a few arrow shots and lucky Volcanos they went down. My Merc still didn't survive the whole battle but it was enough to finally win.

Killing Hell Mephisto at the end of Act3 a few times for some CrushingBlow and/or Slow on your Merc might help. As long as you can get your manaleech elsewhere, a ring?, you could switch out your ugly TalRasha's mask for ugly Blackhorns or Guillaume's if you find them.

Those look like really fun boots... but I haven't found them yet. :(

18. Ozi

Ozi IncGamers Member

Infernostride boots: Those are awesome!

menia's Infernostride
    Demonhide Boots
    Defense: 104
    Durability: 12 of 12
    Required Strength: 20
    Required Level: 29
    Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
    Item Level: 41
    Fingerprint: 0x33aa0410
    +149% Enhanced Defense
    +15 Defense
    Fire Resist +30%
    +10% to Maximum Fire Resist
    Adds 12-33 fire damage
    52% Extra Gold from Monsters
    +2 to Light Radius
    20% Faster Run/Walk
    5% Chance to cast Level 8 Blaze when struck

19. TopHatCat64

TopHatCat64 IncGamers Member

I've always thought it would have been cool if blizzard had multiple graphics for the mask to make them a little less ugly.

Something like a Japanese Noh mask or what the Phantom of the Opera wore. The masquerade-type eye masks they wore in Eyes Wide Shut would have been equally as cool.

20. PyroStock

PyroStock IncGamers Member

:thumbsup: I agree. They did make colors more prominent in other items in later patches. I thought they would have at least given a different color to the 1.10 unique elite mask when 1.10 was released.

:thumbsup: What is even more crazy is I found 7 of the green set version...

Rite of Passage
    Demonhide Boots
    Defense: 58
    Durability: 7 of 12
    Required Strength: 20
    Required Level: 29
    Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
    Item Level: 80
    Fingerprint: 0x44833de9
    +24 to Maximum Stamina
    +25 Defense
    30% Faster Run/Walk