Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A new Zealot?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Pailon, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Pailon

Pailon IncGamers Member

A new Zealot?

Ok I've been looking and have never found a Griswold build. I've seen a M'avina, IK, and even Aldur but never Griswold. So this is what I came up with for a Griswold build.

Skills:

20-Zeal
    20-Sacrifice
    20-Holy Shield
    20-Fanaticism
    5-Conversion (25% converting should be enough)
    1-Redemption (Mainly for after a huge fight so you save on pots)
    Rest-prereqs and customization. I dont want defiance because my killing speed should be high enough to not need the bonus Def for Holy Shield.

Questionable skills...

Blessed Aim-20 gives 5% bonus attack rating per lv when not active. thus 100% more AR.
    Any Resist other than Salv-10-20 gives 1% to MAXIMUM resist. Meaning at lv 20 I could have 95 Fire Resist as a possibility.

Stats:
    Str-Enough for gear (Most ever necessary 170 for Griswold's Heart)
    Dex-Enough for MAX block with Griswold's Honor
    Vit-All the rest.
    Ene-Don't bother it's a waste

Equipment:
    Wep: Griswold's Redemtpion []
    Shield: Griswold's Honor []
    Armor: Griswold's Heart []
    Helm: Griswold's Valor []
    Gloves: Dracul's Grasp [] (For life leech)
    Belt: Arachnid Mesh [x] (For +skill and Venom for fun)
    Boots: Bul-Kathos [] and Raven Frost [] (BK for life leech RF for AR bonus)
    Amulet :Mara's, Metal Grid, or Rising Sun (Still unsure of which to choose) []

Wep switch:
    CTA [] and any shield with Spirit Runeword [I have the runes :)]

Merc:Act II Might
    Helm: Nadir RW []
    Spear/Polearm: Doom RW []
    Armor: Bramble RW []

Keep in mind that I will be farming for everything in this build because I am an SP player. I realize that it will take weeks to get everything but it should be a good build nonetheless.

Comment, rate, and complain if you must. I would like suggestions on what I should do. The skills are for fun but the equips might need some suggestions.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2010
  2. Frostadin

Frostadin IncGamers Member

Re: A new Zealot?

Search

Honestly I don't see what Conversion is going to do for you and I think you'll have a tough time against physical immunes. Also, do you have any idea how long it will take to find a complete Griswold set yourself? I'm not trying to be a jerk here, but there are so many threads here to learn from that you don't have to try to reinvent the wheel.

3. Pailon

Pailon IncGamers Member

I realize that it will take forever. Conversion is for Physical Immunes. I just want a new build. I have never seen a Griswold build before. Trying to have a lil fun here. I realize the length of time to finish this build would be longer than making 3 lv 99 chars but its worth it to me.

4. Pailon

Pailon IncGamers Member

I looked at results. As I thought someone did Veng+Conv. Surprise! I figured everthing that was there would be there. I am making a Grismiter already. Since you did that some one must have posted something for a Grizzy build. So I thought "Hmm... Smiter, Veng+Conv, mabye even a Frost/Freezadin(was wrong here)"

5. Cyanight

Cyanight IncGamers Member

The Griswold’s set is very good when used with the Abbot build. It’s a PDR build that is based on having 20 Prayer.

I built a sacrifice paladin that is very similar:
    20 Prayer, 1 Cleansing
    The basics of the build is to max Prayer to synergize Cleansing. Use Cleansing as main Aura. Either wield an insight or have a prayer mercenary wield the insight.

20 Sacrifice
    20 Fanaticism
    20 Redemption
    Rest of the points in Holy Shield unless wielding Insight.

6. Pailon

Pailon IncGamers Member

Hmm a good build... And quite easy to do. I was going to do a Sacrifice build but differently. Just maxing Sacrifice, Synergies and Holy Shield. With alot of leech life items.

7. Shanksie1337

Shanksie1337 IncGamers Member

if you change "weeks" to "decades" you might be close, good luck with this one :D

8. Pailon

Pailon IncGamers Member

Keep in mind I can just transfer items from char to char. Meaning that if I find Grizzy's Heart on a char I can give it to my build. Hence making it weeks*.

*To help with this I have chars made for mfing (15 to be exact). Trust me it'll be weeks. I litterally made the entire Aldur set in 2 days (3 loots I got tired D: )

9. Shanksie1337

And trust me, 3/4 of Griswolds sets are rarer than rocking horse poop, Aldur =/= griswolds for rarety.

Have a read up about TC and chance to drop class specific items if I were you :).

Have a read of This, notice highest TC (Treasure Class) is TC87, and 3/4 of Grizzies set are in here. The Armour you will find 100's of, the Helm, Shield and Weapon much much much less. Aldurs on the other hand is in TC 39, 48, 51 and 84, and the difference between TC84 and TC87 isn't small (well it's 3, but u get my drift).

As for the rest of my post, I was more refering to the Doom, CTA and Bramble, but if I were you, I'd be ecstatic if i found full Griswold.

Edit - just as a note, and ofc RNG plays a huge part, but I've been playing since 03 - not none stop ofc - and i've never found a gris caddy or helm - the pits dropped a Gris Shield for me once, and on balance I must have found 1209380129830123 Gris Armours.

Have a look at ATMAS drop calculator and weep :weep:

For just Gris weapon, on 1 player with 0 mf the best chance of drop is:
    1 : 5330260 Abominable - [H] Drifter Cavern - {mlvl 84}

up your mf to 500mf and party size to 8 and:
    1 : 582994 Abominable - [H] Drifter Cavern - {mlvl 84}

and you need all of Grizzies Set and numerous high runes......

Last edited: Jun 29, 2010
  10. MFDeath

MFDeath IncGamers Member

I don't mean to bust your bubble but planning a build around Gris set is almost masochistic on realms, and complete lunacy if you're SP with no way to trade for ridiculously rare items. Again I'm not trying to be mean here, but rather realistic, because I honestly don't think you have your odds in perspective here... Best of luck nonetheless.

11. Pailon

Pailon IncGamers Member

Ok if i read correctly the Aldur set is a lil harder to find then Grizzy. If so, I could trade 3 pieces for 3 pieces of Grizzy. If not I can just easily loot for days on end till I get what I need. I have lower lv stuff for him for now (Zakarum's Hand, a unique shield with +1 to Pally skills, Milabrega set) and sides. It'll take me at least 5-6 days of all day playing to get a lv 99. Which is what I am going for. If I remember correctly its lv 7x for the highest piece of Grizzy set. For the Heart I'm actually going to farm Grizzy because of the low lv req it should be ,hard to find, available in NM.

12. Rawness

Rawness IncGamers Member

Grizzy... Is harder to find than Aldurs set; and aldurs set isn't worth nearly as much as Grizzys. Grizzy = expensive; iirc 3 of the items requires a lvl tc87 area.... The only grizzy items you'll find in NM is the armour; and you'll find that hundred of times in hell rather than any of the other pieces of the Grizzies.

Edit* read Shankies reply

13. Shanksie1337

Sorry, but you don't read correctly, Griswolds Set is much harder to find than Aldurs by a long long way. Infact it's probably the rarest set in the game by quite a way.

As i am waiting for a mule game to perm i'll put the numbers in for all gris vs all aldurs, using a best case scenario of players 8 and 600mf:

Gris Weapon = odds of 1 in 640438 from Blood Lord on Hell difficulty in area: Abaddon - {mlvl 81}
    Gris Shield = odds of 1 in 742615 from Blood Lord on Hell in area: Abaddon - {mlvl 81}
    Gris Helm = odds of 1 in 246386 from Blood Lord on Hell in area: Abaddon - {mlvl 81}
    Gris Chest = odds of 1 in 78071 from Hell Bovine on Hell in area: The Secret Cow Level - {mlvl 81}

Aldurs Boots = 1 : 140863 Hell Bovine - (Nightmare) The Secret Cow Level - {mlvl 64}
    Aldurs Helm = 1 : 140547 Hell Bovine - (Nightmare) The Secret Cow Level - {mlvl 64}
    Aldurs Mace = 1 : 60378 Hell Bovine - (Nightmare) The Secret Cow Level - {mlvl 64}
    Aldurs Armour = 1 : 186296 Blood Lord - [Hell] Abaddon - {mlvl 81}

Game perm'd, gl mf'ing :D

14. Pailon

Pailon IncGamers Member

Just got the Armor... One of Four. Damn I read wrong.. D: If I remember you said armor was easiest. Only took 1 full stash+equips char. thanks for the luck.

15. Shanksie1337

haha Gratz :)

16. elevenlang

elevenlang IncGamers Member

it will take a lot of pindle and level 85 running to get the griswold set, all other three are from tc87. I have run a lot of 85 area, got 17 armor and only three each for other 3.

17. Pailon

Pailon IncGamers Member

I'm just killing Baal, Mephisto, Diablo, Duriel and Andy... is that bad? Or better? Or the same? I'll start pindlelooting when my brother is done with his Boss run. (I have him help me so I don't have to do it all :) ) I still have yet to find another piece but I did find a Natalya piece... Nice but not exactly what I'm looking for... Damn sping...

18. Rawness

Rawness IncGamers Member

Diablo+Baal+ Pindle+Pits are the ones I'd go for. Andy/mephi/duriel yields no chance to get anything expect gris armour.

19. droid

droid IncGamers Member

There are no other sets that are comparable in rarity to Griswold. Griswold is on a complete level of its own. Even Tal's armor is TC84 and drops a lot more commonly.

The non-armor Griz set pieces can only drop from bosses and champs in the highest-level areas, since normal monsters max out at L85 and can't drop TC87 items, thats why they're so rare. Boss running is the best way to find them, but you still dont seem to quite fully appreciate the astronomical odds you're looking at, its almost akin to trying to hunt an Engima in SP.

I thought Meph could drop from TC87 though?

20. Shanksie1337

According to D2 wiki mephi's max drops are:

33/Sol, 54/Um, 78/Cham

I think he can drop qlvl87, but not TC 87, which is why he can drop an arachnid.