Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A New World

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Ruu, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Ruu

Ruu IncGamers Member

A New World

I've played Diablo II on-and-off since (I think) around 1.03/1.04, and since then I've quit, come back, quit, come back, quit, come back... You get the picture.

When I first installed all those years ago I started a barbarian (axe), and made it all the way to act 3 nightmare. After that I followed one of my friends onto closed b.net, and have been there ever since.

Then 1.13 came out and now I've reinstalled it and am playing it yet again. I've made a heavily twinked (freebies/friends) paladin who now happily spams hammers at 125FCR, doing 11k damage, and I'm already bored.

I've been tempted to come to softcore for two main reasons. Firstly I'm about to start studying again and I like the idea of maybe having a quick game in between classes on my netbook... On the bus... No internet connection required. The other reason is the recent flakiness of battlenet. Endless failed to join games, endless temporary restrictions. It becomes difficult even to do some purely legitimate baalruns, just because I appear - to battle.net - to be botting.

The other question in my head (which I have answered), is whether to go HC or SC. I have dabbled with HC on the realms enough times and I feel it will add enough excitement to a very old game, where SC very rapidly starts forcing back into the grind, whereas HC always has the edge of 'what if?'

So begins the life of "Ishayenaea." She will be a lightning javazon, whom I hope will hopefully have enough balance of physical and lightning to keep going all the way through to Hell. Anyone got any thoughts on build? If this character turns out to be powerful enough, I can see me (over the next year) taking it all the way to 99 if possible.

Sorry for the life story, but from my brief investigations I feel the SPF likes stories. :)

Anyone got any hints/tips on HC play? Also, any thoughts on char class? I want something that should be durable enough to play through all the difficulties, and then baalrun on /p8 all the way to 99. (Should I be bored enough ;)) Only rules:- No summonmancer. Always hated them :)

Thanks all,
    Ruu.

2. ReadyTorches

ReadyTorches IncGamers Member

Re: A New World

I have one tip that is so obvious and stupid: Do not die! that is all and on the temp things in bnet: yeah they spend more time banning players then it does bots because they are tailored around it so much that it is impossible to ban them.

As for characters I always wanted to try a throwing barb but will never get around to it. keeps you good and out of the action so you shouldn't die especially after you get a act 2 merc.

3. Vodnik

Vodnik Banned

Well honestly just try not do die! Stick to gear with tons of +life and +def. Be cautious. And be prepared for the worst. Because, eventually... you will die. Probably several times too.

4. JoeBruce

JoeBruce IncGamers Member

Hardcore is lots of fun. An important tip is to take it slow. And don't play when you're tired.

Stick with your lightning fury amazon, but go with freezing arrow - a 'tried and true' build that will get you through most anything in the game. Nightfish wrote a great guide for it, I believe tailored for running Worldstone.

If you are ever feeling in need of tips and/or information, don't forget to check the stickies. Here is a good place to start. Lots and lots (and lots) of good info there. If you've thought it, someone probably wrote a guide on it (or at least posted about it, but I rarely have luck with the search). You would be amazed at the things you didn't know about a game you have played for years. At least I am.

5. Ruu

Ruu IncGamers Member

Can't find the character guide but I got a good idea in my head of how it will lay out. Ishayenaea was born about 11:50am (about 30 minutes ago), has completed Den of Evil, and is now level 5! Gotta go attend to some RL things but I'll play again later. Nice gaming without lag! :D

6. iomanip

iomanip IncGamers Member

off-topic: is there any way to recover items if you die in SP HC?

7. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

Be in a LAN game with loot corpse enabled.

Anything else is prohibited here. Check the SPF FAQ (Post 9) for details.