Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A new twist that might work

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Shmanz2, Feb 8, 2004.

1. Shmanz2

Shmanz2 IncGamers Member

A new twist that might work

Ok here is my idea. I have not worked all the bugs out of it, and am even thinking about some of it now :D

Ok here it goes

My idea is a groupd of untwinked players that also like to duel.
    We only lvl untwinked, and there is no muling, or trading, except with other untwinked players.

It is like a last man standing but the killing goes like this.

When we reach act 1 nm we will randomly (later to be determined how) determine which 2 people fight to the death. Loot is required, no pots, no town, and no scrolls. So it could be very beneficial to duel because you will win the others items, or you could die. This will leave 7 people to go through until nm act 4.

Once we do the forge, and do diablo, we will allow 4 people to duel, 2 at a time, (also randomly determined) once you duel once, you will have a choice to duel again or not. After act 5 nm we will all go to act 1 nm. here we will have a tournament style fight with it going like this:
    this is a mock of the full tournament.
    round 1:
    1st person-------]died
    2nd person-------]lived

3rd person-------] lived
    4th person-------] died

5th person-------] this is one of the people who won the duel after diablo. Either we can pick randomly, or one person can opt to duel.
    round 2:
    2nd person-------] lived
    5th person-------] died

3rd person-------] this person was randomly selected or again #2 opted to duel

Round 3: final round
    2nd:-------] died
    3rd:-------] lived and won all

Of course there will be a price for the winner, even if not you get a char in hell act 1 with all the wps, and you get to loot all of the bodies, along with the runes from the forges, which wil be also given to someone who kills another, runes will be kept with me if I am not dueling or my partner who is going to start this with me. (he doesnt know it yet lol)

So post here with comments or account names if you would like to play.

2. BreakThruX

BreakThruX IncGamers Member

That is a really stupid idea. Someone is going to make a charger pally and own you all. And nobody is gonna have good gear i bet so its really stupid.

3. Jedi

Jedi IncGamers Member

dumb is a reply that consist the word stupid 2 times.
    .......................................................................................................

back to the original topic
    seriously i say its too much time consuming to play a tournament this way.
    untwinked playing through from start to act 5 nightmare difficulty takes awhile.the problem to me would be to lose this lovely char that i played for so long in a short duel to death. i hope u dont missunderstand me. i like pvp in hc but its a long way until the real tournament starts.

followed by another thing that i would dislike. all players beggining from start already compete for the best items that drop. it will be a grab season. whose grab skill is fastest/best? i dislike that the most actually.(hope i understood the concept right)

3rd but not least in an untwinked play there is a lot char inbalance when u want to duel later with them.

regards
    Jedi

4. moranor

moranor IncGamers Member

I think that longer play time just makes you more devoted
    It'll feel better if you win

I still think "capture the chest" in the burial grounds should be fun :xsmile5:

5. devil_hatred

devil_hatred IncGamers Member

This partcular style would not work. Perhaps you could untwink through normal, dueling at each act's end.perhaps set a record of lvl 9 lvl 15 lvl 20 lvl 24 lvl 28 or something, and in each act, the last two people that hit these's required levels are forced to duel. You get the wps and act1 normal beaten, or you loose and just wasted perhaps 3 or 4 hours. Although your idea is good, no one would be willing to fight after spending that much time untwinked and being in nm a4. Your goals are set just a little to high. Try to rethink it down to like maybe just untwink through normal like i suggested.

6. ___

___ IncGamers Member

just ironman and ffa at lvl 9!

7. xxsteelxx

xxsteelxx IncGamers Member

every ear in my chest is from a charger pally that thought they owned all. Anyone that knows what they are doing dosnt worry about charger pallys

8. doubleOObubble

doubleOObubble IncGamers Member

It's an interesting idea, but it surely has it's "flaws". Huge reason given by devil and another one: The competition for the drops will be so fierce when they know their char is a stake that after act 3 or 4 in norm, everyone will be cussing each other - someone might want to shop for 10 hours etc etc.

It's a nice thought, but realistically, I think the outcome will be "a bit" different from what you wanted it to be. It's simply too many factors and too much time. But go ahead and try it and report how it went! :)

9. det

det IncGamers Member

Good luck with your idea ;)
    Personally I know that I get too attached to the characters I play and the people that I play with - I simply do not want to fight.

But that's just me, I know others think different.