A new tournament: "Make no bones about it"

Bali

Diabloii.Net Member
Okay :grin:

I'm in, this will be the first hc char I ever try to get farther than act 1 norm. I'll try to make a table, but forgive me if it doesn't look like a table :rolleyes:

Code:
[SIZE="2"][B][U]Make no bones about it[/U][/B][/SIZE]
Forum Name    Character Name    Level     Waypoint/Location    Best Drop            Version

Bali            DrGuillotin       7          Cold Plains      Eth Rare Short Sword     1.11 RWM/RRM
Hmmm...it doesn't look that bad actually...:smiley: If you are dead or retired, just put RIP/Dead/Owned or whatever in the waypoint/location place. I don't feel like making a second table :laugh:

DrGuillotin started his journey in the Blood Moor. He already found a 1os short sword, a simple leather armor and a shield of thorns. He have many things to sell, so starting money doesn't sound like a problem.

edit: Can we loot dead rogues?

Last edited:

Merlin The Wizzard

Diabloii.Net Member
Yes. Any 'stash' that has still flesh on it (eg, doesn't look like a pile of bones) and doesn't have bone in the name (such as the bone stashes in Act IV) can be looted.

And the table looks good enough for me :p Perhaps, to spice it up a bit, a best find column as well?

Bali

Diabloii.Net Member
I added it, with a version column.

Yet another question :p Can teeth be maxed out or can only be used for reaching CE?

Merlin The Wizzard

Diabloii.Net Member
I never said anything about teeth, because I didn't consider them to be bones (it would needlessly complicate skilltree, and make my work sorting through the set/unique items that much longer). Besides, I am curious to see how many people are willing to go for a maxed out teeth, when none of the synergies can be boosted :p

If I were you, I'd leave the version out of the table. Let's assume most peeps play 1.10/1.11. Either that, or switch those two last columns. That way, we won't have to scroll to the right in order to see the best find... :p

Merlin The Wizzard

Diabloii.Net Member
In case people have missed it, on popular demand, I asked Thyiad if the title of the thread could be reworked into an official tourney. She has graciously (really a moot word when talking about thyiad, she is always gracious) complied.
So it's now a tournament.
The table Bali posted will do quite nicely I'd say (if he can switch those last two columns around).
For now, let's not score(apart from Waypoint check). The tournament will end once no progress has been posted by any char for two weeks.

Deal?

Bali

Diabloii.Net Member
There, fixed the last 2 columns. I let the version, but I put it kind of far away...

Thyiad

Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian
Yes. Any 'stash' that has still flesh on it (eg, doesn't look like a pile of bones) and doesn't have bone in the name (such as the bone stashes in Act IV) can be looted.
So everyone is aware about the position on looting dead HC characters/stashes/mercs:

If do you ever trade, MP, or giveaway items, you would need to announce it every time you trade/MP/Giveaway stuff.

If you keep this tourney stuff separate that's fine but if it goes into a non-tourney pool .... it may preclude you from trade.

In case people have missed it, on popular demand, I asked Thyiad if the title of the thread could be reworked into an official tourney. She has graciously (really a moot word when talking about thyiad, she is always gracious) complied.
You haven't received one of my pre-tea PM's/posts then. :laugh:

EDIT: It didn't occur to me you were talking about rogue bodies, I thought you meant merc rogues. Time for tea obviously. :rolleyes:

Bali

Diabloii.Net Member
Code:
Forum Name    Character Name    Level     Waypoint/Location    Best Drop            Version

Bali            DrGuillotin       10          Stony Field      Eth Rare Short Sword     1.11 RWM/RRM
Mr. Guillotin continues is allergic journey to bones. I had lots of trouble killing Blood Raven, because of both /p8 and tons of skeletons. I managed to kill her with poison dagger and Kashya gave me a cold arrow merc for my murder. I started the stony field just after this. I hope to find a jewel of envy to socket my short sword.

Serdash

Diabloii.Net Member
I suppose I'll jump into this. Not often I join a HC tourney, and maybe this will make me enjoy the game a little bit since I just came back to it.

Off to work for now, though. :p

Butzull

Diabloii.Net Member
So everyone is aware about the position on looting dead HC characters/stashes/mercs:

If do you ever trade, MP, or giveaway items, you would need to announce it every time you trade/MP/Giveaway stuff.

If you keep this tourney stuff separate that's fine but if it goes into a non-tourney pool .... it may preclude you from trade.
Thy, I think they were talking about stashes in terms of in-game chest-type objects, such as urns, bone piles, chests, sarcophagi, etc. Not advocating looting dead player characters at all.

Butz. :dunce:

Merlin The Wizzard

Diabloii.Net Member
Welcome Serdash! Have fun with it, and welcome back then :p
I suppose shin kicks have been dealt with?
(I'd hate to see your necro take a dive at an inopportune moment because
someone suddenly thought to 'greet' him)

EDIT : At Butz And Thyiad.
Eeeeyep. Butz hit the nail dead centre, and drove it not just in the wall of logic,
but straight through, and now it is nestled in the pole of absolute truth.

I hate that pole :p

NAaaah, serious, there is no way I would ask players to rob their dead HC
corpses, since I know there are issues at stake. I just don't understand
why people have issues there, but I'm not one to talk, I have so many issues myself
I need to walk around with ten tubes of glue in my pockets to keep myself from falling
apart at the edges.

sveinbjorn

Diabloii.Net Member
Code:

sveinbjorn      Elric             14          Black Marsh      Yellow Gloves
Bali            DrGuillotin       10          Stony Field      Eth Rare Short Sword     1.11 RWM/RRM
I'm in! I had not played around with Dim Vision before, and I'm really happy at how it nullifies missile attacks. I bought a triple socket Long Bow from Gheed, and installed a sapphire chip for cold damage, an emerald chip , and a skull chip. Does the Trick! I'll be leaving later today for a week of Christmas vacation. (Real vacation, not just visiting relatives :smiley: ) Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Svein

TheReadMenace

Diabloii.Net Member
...I bought a triple socket Long Bow from Gheed, and installed a sapphire chip for cold damage, an emerald chip , and a skull chip. Does the Trick!
Doesn't that violate the rules? As you're allergic to bones, socketing your gear with a skull can't be good...

Merlin The Wizzard

Diabloii.Net Member
It is indeed. No skulls allowed, svein. I hope you had a good vacation, and I also hope you didn't progress too far. Allthough I won't mind if you just dump the bow and continue with another weapon, you might feel that your necro should be dead by now (cos he handled a skull, don't you know :p).
If such is the case, a restart is allowed(of course).

sveinbjorn

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm an idiot, and I apologize for stupidly violating the rules. I'm at at my daughter's house right now,and will be heading up to the San Francisco area for a few days afterward, so I won't be playing again until Friday night or Saturday. I can either restart, or just ditch the bow with the skull in it. I leave it up to Merlin as the tournament host. Either is fine with me. Once again, I apologize..

Svein

Merlin The Wizzard

Diabloii.Net Member
No need, svein! I always have troubles remembering what I can and cannot do in tourneys. See, I am the kind of player who literally identifies everything and sells it for even the slightest amount of cash, so guess what mistakes I tend to make... Even in my own tournament (the Bountyhunter's heaven) I made a few illegal grabs :p
As far as I'm concerned, just ditch the bow and continue. The question is (it would be for me :p) can you deal with the fact that this char was slightly tainted? If it would diminish the accomplishment, just restart.
But either is fine by me. Your call!
And happy holidays!

Merlin