Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A new "Tell Us All About You" thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by frygia, Feb 10, 2004.

1. frygia

frygia IncGamers Member

A new "Tell Us All About You" thread

The OLD thread with lots and lots of answers can be found on this address: http://80.223.226.172/frygia/allaboutyou.htm (just in case you get curious).

The stated intention of this thread is for you, a poster of the forums.rpgforums.net (Diablo part) to let us know more about you, your likes and dislikes, where you live, etc . . .

Unfortunately, the last thread was destroyed on the forums crash. The good news is that any poster who posted before 22/09/2003 is still visible on the GREEN link on my thread, since I saved and edited it. If not, I'll ask you to re-submit (sorry for this problem, I'll save the thread often starting now).

Some considerations:

1) I ask for the person's forum name. It is because I still didn't give up to process this into a database. It's easier to make a script to get your name if you reply it correctly after that question.

2) Nationality. Unlike american people (from South, Central, and North America alike), the europeans can be born on one country and be citizens of another. That's why my nationality is norwegian (since my father is norwegian) and I was born on England.

3) Gender: Feel free to add yourself as an other :p

4) For processing purposes, please keep the questions exactly as they are on the template (I'll post a template on the second post of this thread).

5) Your secret: of course you don't need to add a secret, and if you tell it, it won't be a secret anymore . . . but it WAS before you told it, and THINK about it: it's your chance to add a secret that EVERYBODY will know at once!!! How many times you have a chance like that? ^^ Blow your secret BIG TIME here, one-time offer!!111one!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Text of the first post on the original thread:

I've seen people complaining that they answer always the same questions... so why not making it simple, filling all questions once, and letting everybody know who everybody else is? But this time, knowing it will be the last... I'll make sure of that, creating a separate page for it.

Durfbarbarian has in his sig a link to people's photos, but not a link to a quiz where the most common questions are answered. I'd get the answers from this quiz to an internet page and add it to my sig or ask him kindly to add to his, if he prefers to do it. For the time being, I'll add it to my sig (provided somebody answers...). Even if you did this many times, do it this one last time, then you can always point other people to the internet page

I'm really sorry if somebody did/tried to do something like this before... I've looked for something in the same lines but I couldn't find it here.

This was done on the ETF and it was a success. Let's see how it goes here... now the questions (you don't need to answer all...)

My answers:

Your forum name? frygia

Your age? 29

Your zodiac sign? Aquarius

Your city/country of birth? Leeds, England

Your Nationality? Norwegian

Your gender (male/female/other) ^^ ? Female

Where do you live now? Switzerland

Do you work/study? Case yes, what? I work as systems analyst/programmer... and mother 8)

Where would you want to live in the future? Somewhere warm, near the sea, where the sun always shines...

Marital status? Happily married, 6yo wonderful daughter

Your preferred hobby? I really, really like sky-diving . . .

What are the diabloii.net forums you frequent? European Trade Forum, Off-Topic Forum 8)

How did you get your forum name? Mine came from an ancient land in Turkey... and from one of their queens, named exactly as the land was. Besides being a queen, it's a name I like (phonetically speaking) (answer shamelessly copy/pasted from the thread with the same name as the question)

What else would you like to add about yourself? Aside being a slightly mad person and a nfep? People tell me I scare them silly on the Off-topic European Trade Forum... but deeply inside, I'm really a good girl :innocent:

Something secret from you that you want to make public? Hmmz my secret... I also talk while working in the computer, mostly when I can't solve a problem... I remember reading a thread here where a girl (you know who you are) had exactly the same problem 8)

2. frygia

frygia IncGamers Member

Here's the template:

Your forum name? <insert your answer here>

Your age? <insert your answer here>

Your zodiac sign? <insert your answer here>

Your city/country of birth? <insert your answer here>

Your Nationality? <insert your answer here>

Your gender (male/female/other) ^^ ? <insert your answer here>

Where do you live now? <insert your answer here>

Do you work/study? Case yes, what? <insert your answer here>

Where would you want to live in the future? <insert your answer here>

Marital status? <insert your answer here>

Your preferred hobby? <insert your answer here>

What are the diabloii.net forums you frequent? <insert your answer here>

How did you get your forum name? <insert your answer here>

What else would you like to add about yourself? <insert your answer here>

Something secret from you that you want to make public? <insert your answer here> ^^

3. Hatsepsut

Hatsepsut Banned

Your forum name? Hatsepsut

Your age? 29

Your zodiac sign? Gemini

Your city/country of birth? Pulawy, Poland

Your Nationality? Swedish

Where do you live now? Sweden

Do you work/study? Case yes, what? I am writing my master thesis in system sciences.

Where would you want to live in the future? Somewhere warm, near the sea, where the sun always shines... (again, I'll leave this as is)

Marital status? Pre-engaged ;)

Your preferred hobby? Hm...dancing.

What are the diabloii.net forums you frequent? Off-Topic Forum

How did you get your forum name? Mine came from a great lady, a female pharaoh of the XVIII dynasty.

What else would you like to add about yourself? I think too much. :rolleyes:

Something secret from you that you want to make public? I'm the other girl who talks to her computer. ;)

4. iq144

iq144 IncGamers Member

Your forum name? iq144

Your age? 15

Your zodiac sign? Cancer

Your city/country of birth? Chicago

Your Nationality? American

Your gender (male/female/other) ^^ ? quite definitely Male

Where do you live now? Columbus, Indiana

Do you work/study? Case yes, what? I'm a student/athlete, so a little bit of both.

Where would you want to live in the future? Probably a town about the same size as Columbus

Marital status? A little young for that, aren't we?

Your preferred hobby? Swimming

What are the diabloii.net forums you frequent? OTF, Community forum

How did you get your forum name? I took a quick internet iq test once, about 40 questions, and got 144. So it's totally fake. Nope, I'm not smart. You suspect nothing.

What else would you like to add about yourself? If I hadn't told you my age, would you guess how old I am? :D

Something secret from you that you want to make public? I'm not really that smart...

5. SomeCanadianGuy

SomeCanadianGuy IncGamers Member

Your forum name? SomeCanadianGuy, SCG for lazy people

Your age? the big 18

Your zodiac sign? I don't believe in this stuff. .............sagittarius

Your city/country of birth? Montréal, Canada

Your Nationality? I r teh Canadian

Your gender (male/female/other) ^^ ? *looks down pants* Still a boy!

Where do you live now? Laval, Canada (island right to the north of Montréal)

Do you work/study? Case yes, what? I do both. Studying in Health Science at Vanier College as full-time day student. Work part-time in a pet store.

Where would you want to live in the future? Dans la banlieue. I don't remember the proper name in English, but we'll say it's a bit further out than the suburbs.

Marital status? Unmarried, but unsingle as well. :teeth:

Your preferred hobby? Uhm.... Unmentionable? :p I'd have to go with reading and writing.

What are the diabloii.net forums you frequent? OTF. That's it, that's all, folks!

How did you get your forum name? This again! :rolleyes: I'll go for the short version, this time around. :p I am Canadian. I'm a guy. Thus, SomeCanadianGuy.

What else would you like to add about yourself? I'm cool like Fonzi. Only with better hair. And I'm better in bed.

Something secret from you that you want to make public? I am your father. Yes, you. You know who you are.

6. frygia

frygia IncGamers Member

People, of course I'll be happy if you answer again to this thread :D

Most of you are in the thread I saved from the crash, tough. You can click on the green link on my sig, and you'll see yourselves there :surprise:

7. Herald of Doom

Herald of Doom IncGamers Member

Your forum name? [/b] Herald_of_Doom

Your age? 18

Your zodiac sign? Leo

Your city/country of birth? Belgium, Tienen

Your Nationality? Belgian

Your gender (male/female/other) ^^ ? Male

Where do you live now? Tienen (with my parents, isnt that cool)

Do you work/study? Case yes, what? study, English/Spanish interpreter, first year

Where would you want to live in the future? wherever Frygs lives. No, seriously, I don't know.

Marital status? not married, gf though

Your preferred hobby? Diablo !

What are the diabloii.net forums you frequent? Europe Trade forum, and I browse the rest so I can make bitchy replies :D

How did you get your forum name? I use this nick for about 5 years now, can't remember why I first used it.

What else would you like to add about yourself? I like Duvel, I don't like cats. I enjoy Family Guy, and I hate Big Brother and co.

Something secret from you that you want to make public? Yes. Frygs and I are getting married soon, but she'll deny it because it's still a secret. sshtt :shhh:

8. PloX

PloX IncGamers Member

Your forum name? PloX

Your age? 19 (born 10th june 1984)

Your zodiac sign? Gemini

Your city/country of birth? Holland, Leiderdorp

Your Nationality? Dutch

Your gender (male/female/other) ^^ ? Evil Hellspawn (M)

Where do you live now? Holland

Do you work/study? Case yes, what? I study, ehmm.. whats the name again.. IT? or summthin? Computers and stuff anyways

Where would you want to live in the future? My own private island...

Marital status? Available :wink2:

Your preferred hobby? Music, i'm all about music...

What are the diabloii.net forums you frequent? OTF and community

How did you get your forum name? 4 random keys i bashed in with my head (serious) when i made a certain account for a certain game.

What else would you like to add about yourself? I'm soooo sexay...

Something secret from you that you want to make public? I'm really sexay... did i mention that before? hmm.. darn.. it isn't a secret anymore...

9. Drosselmeier

Drosselmeier IncGamers Member

Your forum name? Drosselmeier.

Your age?

Your zodiac sign? Taurus.

Your city/country of birth? Gävle, Sweden.

Your Nationality? VIKING!!

Your gender (male/female/other) ^^ ? All man baby!

Where do you live now? Hässleholm, Sweden.

Do you work/study? Case yes, what? Going to study to be a librarian, starting this fall.

Where would you want to live in the future? Someplace where it never gets colder than 10 degrees C.

Marital status? Lonely.

Your preferred hobby? Reading.

What are the diabloii.net forums you frequent? OTf exclusively.

How did you get your forum name? From the nutcracker by E. T. A. Hoffmann.

What else would you like to add about yourself? I´m going to become an uncle this summer... kickass!

Something secret from you that you want to make public? They say they´ll kill me if I tell. I sleep with a teddy-tiger in my bed.

Some new stuff and such...

Maybe you should tell people to put down their year of birth instead of, or with, their age. This way people will have faulty age listings in a year.

10. frygia

frygia IncGamers Member

Hmm, I can tell them, for all the good it will make :D You'll see how much of them will read this post :xrein:

People, on the "Your age" answer, please answer YEAR OF BIRTH!!!

Thank you so much :xtongue:

Let's see if it works . . .

11. VampiroXIII

VampiroXIII IncGamers Member

Your green link doesn't appear to work, for me at least.

12. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

Your forum name? melianor

Your age? 31

Your zodiac sign? Aries

Your city/country of birth? Vienn, Austria, Europe

Your Nationality? Norwegian

Your gender (male/female/other) ^^ ? male

Where do you live now? Vienna, Austria, Europe, Earth

Do you work/study? Case yes, what? Programmer for Webapplications

Where would you want to live in the future? ... *sings* island in the sun *sings*

Marital status? married!

Your preferred hobby? Reading, Gaming, Swimming, beiing lazy

What are the diabloii.net forums you frequent? ETF, Sorceress Strategy, Barb Strategy

How did you get your forum name? Melianor, the male elvish form of Melian. Melian: one of female gods in Tolkien's Simarillion. She married a mortal which came to no good in the end. BUT her name has such a nice meaning: Melian = gift/present

What else would you like to add about yourself? My humor sometimes scares people and i contain raisins, not nuts :D

Something secret from you that you want to make public? me, secrets? i am innocent, shy.... until you see me smile :D

13. frygia

frygia IncGamers Member

Isn't it working for others too?

Normally it can be solved by copying the shortcut and posting it a newly opened web page.

Beware that the page is HUGE, it has lots and lots of posters, it may take a while to appear with a slow connection.

EDIT: it was working in the morning, now it's not anymore . . . I'll talk to the owner of the server, it probably went down, should be working later :xrein:

14. Yavanna

Yavanna IncGamers Member

Your forum name? Yavanna

Your age? 18 (born 01.11.1985)

Your zodiac sign? Scorpio

Your city/country of birth? United States

Your gender (male/female/other) ^^ ? female

Where do you live now? Michigan

Do you work/study? Case yes, what? studying biochemistry and pharmacy

Where would you want to live in the future? Switzerland

Marital status? dating Anakha1

Your preferred hobby? playing Diablo

What are the diabloii.net forums you frequent? Community, OTF, FFF

How did you get your forum name? after my first matriarch

What else would you like to add about yourself? I can speak three languages

Something secret from you that you want to make public? I am the smartest person most of you will ever encounter! MUWAHAHAAA!
    I'm also completely nuts, but I think you knew that.

I talk to my computer too. Mostly bad things that I can't repeat here.

15. toader

toader Banned

Your forum name? Toader

Your age? 23 (if you cant use my age and zodiac sign to figure out the year I was born....your an idiot then.)

Your zodiac sign? Pieces

Your city/country of birth? Miami, FL, USA

Where do you live now? Oklahoma

Do you work/study? Case yes, what? Work-Mechanical Engineer

Where would you want to live in the future? When Im retired or cant work anymore, Id like to live on a lake, dont care where. North Carolina has some really pretty lakes, maybe there.

Marital status? Engaged

Your preferred hobby? Reading (fantasy-im into Drittz books right now), Golf, Computer Games

What are the diabloii.net forums you frequent? OTF, Community, Sorc, and as of recently the PAL forum (where its nude all the time)

How did you get your forum name? Well, since my real name is Todd, in highschool I picked up the nickname Toad (cuz they kinda sound alike I guess), and I have used it ever since. While I was in a fraternity in college, I used toadpkt (pkt for letters of the frat). But since Im graduated and grown up, I adopted Toader just cuz it sounded cool.

What else would you like to add about yourself? I love dogs, especially Golden Retievers

Something secret from you that you want to make public? I'm an rabid masticater, I just cant break the habit.

16. Yavanna

Yavanna IncGamers Member

Toader a masticater! And I never even suspected!

Like that "my roommate is a thespian/Homo sapiens" thing, I presume?

17. Smelly

Smelly IncGamers Member

Your forum name? Smelly

Your age? 1984 (19)

Your zodiac sign? Leo

Your city/country of birth? Managua, Nicaragua

Your Nationality? American by law!

Where do you live now? Utah

Do you work/study? Case yes, what? Recently moved, seeking both.

Where would you want to live in the future? Wherever my wife wants to.

Marital status? Semi-Engaged

Your preferred hobby? Girlfriend, writing, video games, and movies. All at once if possible.

What are the diabloii.net forums you frequent? Only the best one, the OTF.

How did you get your forum name? Lack of creativity at moment of creation.

What else would you like to add about yourself? I'm very allergic to cats, yet had one because cats are cute. Unless they scratch your arms and hands and make you bleed all over. She liked using me as a scratching post.

Something secret from you that you want to make public? I eat people for lunch. And devour their souls like Shang Tseung or whatever. YOUR SOUL IS MINE, *****!

18. Ev_

Ev_ IncGamers Member

Your forum name? Ev_

Your age? 20, as of 2 days ago. (born 2/8/84)

Your zodiac sign? Aquarius

Your city/country of birth? Syracuse, NY, USA

Where do you live now? Los Angeles, CA, USA

Do you work/study? Case yes, what? I work in the USC chemistry labs. We're responsible for all the general and advanced chem labs. And I guess you could say I study computer science. Although senioritis is kicking in, so I don't study all that much any more.

Where would you want to live in the future? I plan to live at least a year in Hawaii. Then probably retire in San Diego.

Marital status? Unmarried, but I have a girlfriend. We're not in a very good situation right now though, so we'll see if it lasts.

Your preferred hobby? Web design and playing drums.

What are the diabloii.net forums you frequent? OTF

How did you get your forum name? My real name is Evan. I used to be -Ev-, but the forum won't let you start with hyphens, so I tried Ev, but I needed three characters. So I added the underscore and now my name looks stupid.

What else would you like to add about yourself? I am absolutely obsessed with music, as you might have guessed from my posts in the frequent music threads here. I think music is quite possibly the greatest thing in the world.

Something secret from you that you want to make public? I don't hide things; if you ask, I'll tell. So there's nothing I can think of that's a "secret".

19. meowloud

meowloud IncGamers Member

Your forum name? Meowloud

Your age? Born 1976

Your zodiac sign? Sag.

Your city/country of birth? St. Augustine, FL. USA

Where do you live now? Scenic city of Chattanooga!

Do you work/study? Case yes, what? Work/Civil Engineer

Where would you want to live in the future? Think I'll stay here... soo beautiful :love:

Marital status? Married

Your preferred hobby? Cycling, D2, and just figuring things out.

What are the diabloii.net forums you frequent? Community... I like to read about D2 experiences.

How did you get your forum name? Years ago, I was trying to think of a name (other than just naming myself BLANK) and my cat was trying to tear my leg off for attention, hence MEOW LOUD was born.

What else would you like to add about yourself? Well, if the weather doesn't get warmer, this pizza will just keep adding to myself. :thumbsup:

Something secret from you that you want to make public? Beaver isn't bad.

20. LunarSolaris

LunarSolaris IncGamers Member

Your forum name? LunarSolaris

Your age? 33 years old (almost 34) - born in 1970 (the oldest poster to this thread yet... until Freet arrives :teeth:

Your zodiac sign? Aries. The ram rules. ;)

Your city/country of birth? Enumclaw, Washington (state) - if anyone actually knows where that is (without pulling out a map) I'll send you a candy bar. :D

Your Nationality? American, but with native american heritage (Apache tribe)

Where do you live now? I currently live in SUCKima, Washington (that would be Yakima, WA to anyone else) :D

Do you work/study? Case yes, what? I graduated in December with my Masters of Social Work (MSW) degree. I just got hired as a social worker with the state of Washington.

Where would you want to live in the future? My goal is to get back to Seattle, Washington... where I will live happily in the rain. I shall frollic in the Pacific Northwest.

Marital status? I'm single, but dating.

Your preferred hobby? I have too many to list... mostly because my tastes change routinely. I have had many different hobbies over the years including mountain biking, paintball, karate, computers (of course), and more.

What are the diabloii.net forums you frequent? I mainly frequent the OTF anymore. When I first came to D2.net, I went to the community forum... but I've evolved since then to a solid OTFer. When I get my pal status back... I'll be going to the pal forum as well.

How did you get your forum name? I absolutely love the Sun/Moon symbolism... ergo Lunar=moon, Solaris=sun. Though... my original forum name was Morpheus_31. Some of the long-term forum members still think of me as Morph.

What else would you like to add about yourself? I'd like to think of myself as a very genuine person. I couldn't be malicious if I tried - and if I tried, I'd suck at it. It's just not in my nature. I've been at the OTF for over 2 years now, and I enjoy coming here as a regular part of my day. I think that there are some genuinely cool people here, and I enjoy sharing my thoughts with all of you as well as to hear many from others.

Something secret from you that you want to make public? Yes, I AM Hellfire! *cough* ^^