A new patch??

NacRuno

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
A new patch??

I saw this on a diablo site i can't give link to. Don't know the origin of the post but maybe someone can link to a more trusted source about it.

Quote: (Posted by NickJS - Blizzard Poster)

The following report has been passed on to the appropriate team. Please keep in mind that there is no guarantee that a future patch will be released and also if one is released, none of these issues are guaranteed to be addressed. We are also well aware many of you would like a Ladder Reset therefore it was not included in the report. If one is announced, it will be posted on our websites and most likely in this forum.

Diablo II Suggestions/Concerns Report

Character Changes
- Have the ability to reset skill points.
- Increase the Stash/Inventory Size.
- Display magic resistances.
- Display physical resistances.
- Have the ability to view the entire map.
- Change the Synergy System: Changing the Synergy System will allow more diverse builds.
# Synergies should only be added to native skills which have at least one point investment.
# Give every skill at least one synergy.

Items
- Add more crafting recipes for specific classes.
- Increase the Rune/Runeword drop percentage.
- Make it so the order you put runes into an item doesn't matter.
- Make durability decay more slowly.

Battle.net/Multiplayer
- Run regular Ruststorms weekly to help remove Duped Items.
- Have the ability to categorize Battle.net game types such as: Trade, Experience, Difficulty, etc.
- Have the ability to search for a game using keywords.
- Add a new mail box system for trading or a hub to trade items at.
- Have the ability to control hostile attacks. Both players must accept a hostile agreement.
- With the current setup, if a player is killed by another player, their corpse should return to a Town to prevent Corpse Camping.
- Decrease the amount of gold lost when killed by another player.
- Have the ability to open the Cow Level even after you have defeated the Cow King.
- Have a new option for automatically accepting party invites or to send party invites.

Balance
- Make hired mercenaries more appealing after Act 2.
- Only allow the highest ranked aura to be up instead of stacking the same auras of different ranks.

User Interface
- Fix the numbers 5 and 6 on the character sheet. These can easily cause confusion because they look very similar.

The following class suggestions/concerns were the most requested ones to be addressed:

Paladin
- Reduce the damage of the Blessed Hammer.
- Make it so that Smite can be blocked more often.
- Sanctuary Aura: Bonus is not working properly against Undead.

Amazon
- Shorter cool down on Immolation.
- Impale should get an attack speed bonus with increased points, or from a synergy.

Assassin
- Increase damage for Fire Traps
- Increase general skill durations
- Dragon Flight: Revert back to how it was in 1.09

Barbarian
- Add a synergy that increases the radius for Battle Cry and War Cry.
- Allow them to get +1-3 Bash and +1-3 Stun on helmets and not just charges
- Give them Dagger Mastery

Necromancer
- Poison Nova should get a higher Next Hit Delay of 25 Frames similar to Twister.

Sorceress
- Increase amount of damage down by Thunderstorm.
- Blizzard does too much damage in PVP.
- Add a cool down timer to the Teleport skill as well as increase the amount of mana it requires.

Druid
- Increase fire skills damage
- Add something new to the Spirit of Barbs skill to make it more appealing.
- Increase the attack speed of Werewolf form.

Additional Item and Class Suggestions are scattered through out these two threads:
http://www.battle.net/forums/thread.aspx?fn=d2-general&t=1247096&p
http://www.battle.net/forums/thread.aspx?fn=d2-general&t=1255812&p

Bugs
- All current bug reports should be sent to [email protected]

Miscellaneous Suggestions
- Add a permanent ignore option on Battle.net.
- Both players must accept a friend invite in order to add each other to their friends list on Battle.net.
- Allow the Single Player "/Players 1-8" command to be added to Battle.net.
- Add official Clan Channels for Diablo II players.
- Both genders for classes
- Allow the option to copy over your closed Battle.net characters to single player characters.
- Add a PVP server and PVP Rank/Ladder Systems
- Make events/items/etc. that are normally only available on Battle.net, available in Single Player Mode.
- Change the way Uber Diablo is spawned.
- Increase the amount of experience gained
- Add a new difficulty mode
- Add new items, quests, monsters, etc.
To me it is too much even for blizzard to do in a single patch, but it sure sounds good.

Butzull

Diabloii.Net Member
The very first point made me think it sounds bogus. Reset skill points? I don't think so, and neither should they!

Butz. :dunce:

NacRuno

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
Butzull said:
The very first point made me think it sounds bogus. Reset skill points? I don't think so, and neither should they!

Butz. :dunce:

Yes i agree with that, you can have all the possible builds with only 7 chars with that feature. But an 'undo' kind of thing would be usable only to reset last skill assigned. I remember deleting a char for assigning a skill by mistake.

Llathias

Banned
It seems more like a well developped, thorough mod. Definitely not a patch; new difficulty, both genders and new quests would mean another expansion. The difficulty is being much toned down, and that is enough reason for me to believe that it's bogus though.

Stargaze

Diabloii.Net Member
You do realize that this is not a change list for an upcomming patch but a compiled wishlist of the Blizzard forum community? It's what people (mainly bNetters) wish Blizzard would do, it's been passed to the 'appropriate team' whatever this means and they offer no promise whatsoever.

Randall

Diabloii.Net Member
Is this coming from the AS itself, from the battle net forums or some other site ? (if it is the official BNet forums, you can link those here)

They did request info for a future patch and they said they will try to post a summary of features that might or might not get added.

But I would only trust such a post to be somewhat accurate if it's on the battlenet forums, otherwise it's most likely bogus.

EDIT:
Hmm, it's really on the BNet forums:

http://www.battle.net/forums/thread.aspx?FN=d2-general&T=1255812&P=9

(last post, thread is closed)

EDIT2:
@tupsi :tongue:

Tupsi

Diabloii.Net Member
Randall said:
Is this coming from the AS itself, from the battle net forums or some other site ? (if it is the official BNet forums, you can link those here)

They did request info for a future patch and they said they will try to post a summary of features that might or might not get added.

But I would only trust such a post to be somewhat accurate if it's on the battlenet forums, otherwise it's most likely bogus.
From the B.net forums: *click*

The reason he didn't post a straight link could have been that the forums were down (they're still down). I posted this link to other forum before and fetched it from there.

//edit: Curse you and your fast editing skills :p

FrostBurn

Diabloii.Net Member
Previous thread on this: http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=480431&highlight=patch

Edit: I think I'll repeat my comments here.

Have the ability to reset skill points.
No no no no no!

Have the ability to view the entire map.
Oh yeah! Lets officially endorse map hacking.

Increase the Rune/Runeword drop percentage.
I didn't realise that b.netters had difficulty obtaining runes.....

Make it so the order you put runes into an item doesn't matter.
Sure! We wouldn't want those people putting those ever so precious high runes into an item with sockets to tax their brain cells too much, now do we?

Fix the numbers 5 and 6 on the character sheet. These can easily cause confusion because they look very similar.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Paladin
- Reduce the damage of the Blessed Hammer.
:laughing:

Sorceress
- Add a cool down timer to the Teleport skill as well as increase the amount of mana it requires.
What's that I hear? I think it's all the Enigma-users screaming hot red demon murder!

Bugs
- All current bug reports should be sent to [email protected]
Oooohhhh, and they're actually going to do something about it? :shocked:

- Add a permanent ignore option on Battle.net.
So I guess no one will be talking to anyone anymore then.

- Allow the Single Player "/Players 1-8" command to be added to Battle.net.
Hrmm, lets see. No realm only runewords for us SP'ers. No Uber Diablo for us SP'ers. No Uber Tristram for us SP'ers. But /players1-8 for b.net. Equality and fraternity for aaaaallllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Allow the option to copy over your closed Battle.net characters to single player characters.
Hello! I'm new to the SP Forum! I want to join your community! I have lots of clvl 99 toons copied over from b.net with Enigma, Fortitude, Dream, Grief, Law Bringer, Voice of Reason, Phoenix, Faith, Doom, eBotD GPA, CV, CA, zerks, Zergs, my cat, Diadems with 120/45, eth HoZ with Zod, perf Anni's, perf Torches, perf dog..... I am leet 1337!

DeathMaster

Diabloii.Net Member
Some are scary.

Reset skill points :shocked:
Increase chance of runeword drop (OMFG, Meph dropped eBoTD zerk axe 1111!!!eleventyone!!!) :shocked: :shocked:
Doesn't matter what order you put runes in :shocked:

Hp_Sauce

Diabloii.Net Member
Most of the things on this list just make me angry. Some of them would be great and really help the game, but most of them wont improve the game at all, they will just make it easy for all the whiners and wusses.

It would babyize the game imho.

-hps

helvete

Diabloii.Net Member
- Make it so the order you put runes into an item doesn't matter.

LOL!! LOLOLOLOL!!11! This way I can maek teh odrer of my rnues not mttaer liek odrer of ltteers dno't mttare in wodrs alrdy l33t l33t sp33k RWs l33t l33t

That is so lame, common english language have no words for it, and thus to describe something THIS lame, l33t is the only language i know that can describe it.

This wishlist will ruin the game if it comes true. But they probably will add it realm only, or ladder only and not to SP anyway, so I wouldn't worry.

Llathias

Banned
-Make the information on Arreat Summit accurate, clear, thorough and reliable!

I do have to agree that there are really useful suggestions, to be honest.

herobomberman

Diabloii.Net Member
i hate the 5 and 6 chars. look fine on the merc.. just not anywhere else.

i just want uber tristam. cause it sounds cool, even if we dont get a torch.

RTB

Diabloii.Net Member
Some are quite easy to do, they're simple .txt changes and others require new graphics (genders), which will never ever happen.

About the AS being correct though... that will never ever ever happen. :badteeth:

Llathias

Banned
RTB said:
About the AS being correct though... that will never ever ever happen. :badteeth:
I don't understand how they can't do it. It's their game and they don't know how things work? Ask the programmers and they'll tell you, you n00b webmaster!

[hijack]ps. RTB, great to see you here. You definitely gotta check this thread![/hijack]

Brother Laz

Diabloii.Net Member
- Have the ability to reset skill points.
Sounds really well thought out. You could put all your points into firebolt, then respec to ice blast, then all points into fireball, then glacial spike, then blizzard. After all, Normal difficulty is much more fun when you have level 11 ice blast against Andariel.

Not to mention the fact that you can respec for every area. Backup spells are so yesterday. Just put 110 points into the fire tree and respec when you encounter immunities.

Pro tip: invest 60 points into your valkyrie, summon it, redirect those points to bow or javelin skills leaving exactly 1 point in summon valkyrie. The valkyrie will remain.

- Display physical resistances.
One might call it 'damage reduction', if one works at Blizzard.

# Give every skill at least one synergy.
I just can't wait to see the synergy to corpse explosion.

- Increase the Rune/Runeword drop percentage.
This is useful, because those damnable runewords are too hard to find. I mean, all I find is single runes. Dangit.

- Run regular Ruststorms weekly to help remove Duped Items.
People really like the weekly 12 hour downtimes in World of Warcraft.

- Have the ability to categorize Battle.net game types such as: Trade, Experience, Difficulty, etc.
...Torch, Gank, Farm, Baal Bot, Meph Bot, Afk, Afk until World Event, Dupe Attempts,...

- Make hired mercenaries more appealing after Act 2.
Might Mercenaries are now viable even in Act 3 and parts of Act 4.

- Only allow the highest ranked aura to be up instead of stacking the same auras of different ranks.
So which shall be on top, the level 12 meditation aura or the level 11 one with 20 points into prayer? Decisions, decisions...

- Make it so that Smite can be blocked more often.
Or at all.

- Impale should get an attack speed bonus with increased points, or from a synergy.
Also, the delay before meteor hits should be decreased, and bone spirit should hit multiple targets. Built-in disadvantages on skills are for noobs.

- Increase general skill durations
Mindblast will now stun for 15-20 seconds.

- Add a synergy that increases the radius for Battle Cry and War Cry.
Aside from the fact that the missile range accepts no synergy formula, this almost sounds like a good idea. After all, shockwave doesn't hit every target on the screen.

- Give them Dagger Mastery
Because 30 skills is not enough! Gib 60!1!

- Poison Nova should get a higher Next Hit Delay of 25 Frames similar to Twister.
Griefing is fun, and spamming poison nova so nobody else with ranged attacks gets to do any damage is even more fun.

- Increase amount of damage down by Thunderstorm.
To make up for the fact that we decreased its damage up in 1.10.

- Blizzard does too much damage in PVP.
It is perfectly fine in PvM, though. Trust us.

- Add something new to the Spirit of Barbs skill to make it more appealing.
As opposed to increasing the amount of damage reflection, because that doesn't work against ranged enemies and skills with built-in disadvantages are for noobs. See above.

- Increase the attack speed of Werewolf form.
The manual never said you could invest more than one skill point.

- Both genders for classes
On an unrelated note, 1.12 will be a 750 MB download.

- Make events/items/etc. that are normally only available on Battle.net, available in Single Player Mode.
Just sell 150 Stones of Jordan in single player to spawn the Diablo Clone.

- Change the way Uber Diablo is spawned.
Sell 150 Stamina Potions and... uh, wait.

- Add a new difficulty mode
Add columns to about two dozen files, preferably past the 255 column limit. Might need to get that 1.10 patch programmer back from Flagship, though.

- Add new items, quests, monsters, etc.
Cube the Standard of Heroes to spawn Uber Stormtree, Uber Rakanishu and Uber Icehawk Riftwing. Kill them all to get a unique grand charm with +5 to all skills.

Giantcat

Diabloii.Net Member
Personaly, i would like more flexible ways to add sockets to items; its just so #!%&? -ing anoying to ad sockets to a rare, long sought after item, just to get wrong number of sockets- rendering it completly useless. (Not to mention my neibours anoyment when they are awoken in the middle of the night by my Barbarian inspired Howls...).

mwints

Diabloii.Net Member
Brother Laz said:
Just sell 150 Stones of Jordan in single player to spawn the Diablo Clone.
Sweet! 5 years and I'm 1/150th of the way there. That's what we call progress people. :thumbsup: