Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A new patch??

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by NacRuno, Sep 14, 2006.

1. NacRuno

NacRuno IncGamers Site Pal

A new patch??

I saw this on a diablo site i can't give link to. Don't know the origin of the post but maybe someone can link to a more trusted source about it.

To me it is too much even for blizzard to do in a single patch, but it sure sounds good.

2. Butzull

Butzull IncGamers Member

The very first point made me think it sounds bogus. Reset skill points? I don't think so, and neither should they!

Butz. :dunce:

3. NacRuno

NacRuno IncGamers Site Pal

Yes i agree with that, you can have all the possible builds with only 7 chars with that feature. But an 'undo' kind of thing would be usable only to reset last skill assigned. I remember deleting a char for assigning a skill by mistake.

4. Llathias

Llathias Banned

It seems more like a well developped, thorough mod. Definitely not a patch; new difficulty, both genders and new quests would mean another expansion. The difficulty is being much toned down, and that is enough reason for me to believe that it's bogus though.

5. Stargaze

Stargaze IncGamers Member

You do realize that this is not a change list for an upcomming patch but a compiled wishlist of the Blizzard forum community? It's what people (mainly bNetters) wish Blizzard would do, it's been passed to the 'appropriate team' whatever this means and they offer no promise whatsoever.

6. Randall

Randall IncGamers Member

Is this coming from the AS itself, from the battle net forums or some other site ? (if it is the official BNet forums, you can link those here)

They did request info for a future patch and they said they will try to post a summary of features that might or might not get added.

But I would only trust such a post to be somewhat accurate if it's on the battlenet forums, otherwise it's most likely bogus.

EDIT:
    Hmm, it's really on the BNet forums:

http://www.battle.net/forums/thread.aspx?FN=d2-general&T=1255812&P=9

(last post, thread is closed)

EDIT2:
    @tupsi :tongue:

7. Tupsi

Tupsi IncGamers Member

From the B.net forums: *click*

The reason he didn't post a straight link could have been that the forums were down (they're still down). I posted this link to other forum before and fetched it from there.

//edit: Curse you and your fast editing skills :p

8. FrostBurn

FrostBurn IncGamers Member

Previous thread on this: http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=480431&highlight=patch

Edit: I think I'll repeat my comments here.

No no no no no!

Oh yeah! Lets officially endorse map hacking.

I didn't realise that b.netters had difficulty obtaining runes.....

Sure! We wouldn't want those people putting those ever so precious high runes into an item with sockets to tax their brain cells too much, now do we?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:laughing:

What's that I hear? I think it's all the Enigma-users screaming hot red demon murder!

Oooohhhh, and they're actually going to do something about it? :shocked:

So I guess no one will be talking to anyone anymore then.

Hrmm, lets see. No realm only runewords for us SP'ers. No Uber Diablo for us SP'ers. No Uber Tristram for us SP'ers. But /players1-8 for b.net. Equality and fraternity for aaaaallllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello! I'm new to the SP Forum! I want to join your community! I have lots of clvl 99 toons copied over from b.net with Enigma, Fortitude, Dream, Grief, Law Bringer, Voice of Reason, Phoenix, Faith, Doom, eBotD GPA, CV, CA, zerks, Zergs, my cat, Diadems with 120/45, eth HoZ with Zod, perf Anni's, perf Torches, perf dog..... I am leet 1337!

9. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

Some are scary.

Reset skill points :shocked:
    Increase chance of runeword drop (OMFG, Meph dropped eBoTD zerk axe 1111!!!eleventyone!!!) :shocked: :shocked:
    Doesn't matter what order you put runes in :shocked:

10. Hp_Sauce

Hp_Sauce IncGamers Member

Most of the things on this list just make me angry. Some of them would be great and really help the game, but most of them wont improve the game at all, they will just make it easy for all the whiners and wusses.

It would babyize the game imho.

-hps

11. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

- Make it so the order you put runes into an item doesn't matter.

LOL!! LOLOLOLOL!!11! This way I can maek teh odrer of my rnues not mttaer liek odrer of ltteers dno't mttare in wodrs alrdy l33t l33t sp33k RWs l33t l33t

That is so lame, common english language have no words for it, and thus to describe something THIS lame, l33t is the only language i know that can describe it.

This wishlist will ruin the game if it comes true. But they probably will add it realm only, or ladder only and not to SP anyway, so I wouldn't worry.

12. Toppo

Toppo IncGamers Member

Don't worry, even Blizzard ain't that stupid. Right?

... right?

:hanky:

13. Oblivious

Oblivious IncGamers Member

No ... :evil:

14. Llathias

Llathias Banned

-Make the information on Arreat Summit accurate, clear, thorough and reliable!

I do have to agree that there are really useful suggestions, to be honest.

15. herobomberman

herobomberman IncGamers Member

i hate the 5 and 6 chars. look fine on the merc.. just not anywhere else.

i just want uber tristam. cause it sounds cool, even if we dont get a torch.

16. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

Some are quite easy to do, they're simple .txt changes and others require new graphics (genders), which will never ever happen.

About the AS being correct though... that will never ever ever happen. :badteeth:

17. Llathias

Llathias Banned

I don't understand how they can't do it. It's their game and they don't know how things work? Ask the programmers and they'll tell you, you n00b webmaster!

[hijack]ps. RTB, great to see you here. You definitely gotta check this thread![/hijack]

18. Brother Laz

Brother Laz IncGamers Member

Sounds really well thought out. You could put all your points into firebolt, then respec to ice blast, then all points into fireball, then glacial spike, then blizzard. After all, Normal difficulty is much more fun when you have level 11 ice blast against Andariel.

Not to mention the fact that you can respec for every area. Backup spells are so yesterday. Just put 110 points into the fire tree and respec when you encounter immunities.

Pro tip: invest 60 points into your valkyrie, summon it, redirect those points to bow or javelin skills leaving exactly 1 point in summon valkyrie. The valkyrie will remain.

One might call it 'damage reduction', if one works at Blizzard.

I just can't wait to see the synergy to corpse explosion.

This is useful, because those damnable runewords are too hard to find. I mean, all I find is single runes. Dangit.

People really like the weekly 12 hour downtimes in World of Warcraft.

...Torch, Gank, Farm, Baal Bot, Meph Bot, Afk, Afk until World Event, Dupe Attempts,...

Might Mercenaries are now viable even in Act 3 and parts of Act 4.

So which shall be on top, the level 12 meditation aura or the level 11 one with 20 points into prayer? Decisions, decisions...

Or at all.

Also, the delay before meteor hits should be decreased, and bone spirit should hit multiple targets. Built-in disadvantages on skills are for noobs.

Mindblast will now stun for 15-20 seconds.

Aside from the fact that the missile range accepts no synergy formula, this almost sounds like a good idea. After all, shockwave doesn't hit every target on the screen.

Because 30 skills is not enough! Gib 60!1!

Griefing is fun, and spamming poison nova so nobody else with ranged attacks gets to do any damage is even more fun.

To make up for the fact that we decreased its damage up in 1.10.

It is perfectly fine in PvM, though. Trust us.

As opposed to increasing the amount of damage reflection, because that doesn't work against ranged enemies and skills with built-in disadvantages are for noobs. See above.

The manual never said you could invest more than one skill point.

On an unrelated note, 1.12 will be a 750 MB download.

Just sell 150 Stones of Jordan in single player to spawn the Diablo Clone.

Sell 150 Stamina Potions and... uh, wait.

Add columns to about two dozen files, preferably past the 255 column limit. Might need to get that 1.10 patch programmer back from Flagship, though.

Cube the Standard of Heroes to spawn Uber Stormtree, Uber Rakanishu and Uber Icehawk Riftwing. Kill them all to get a unique grand charm with +5 to all skills.

19. Giantcat

Giantcat IncGamers Member

Personaly, i would like more flexible ways to add sockets to items; its just so #!%&? -ing anoying to ad sockets to a rare, long sought after item, just to get wrong number of sockets- rendering it completly useless. (Not to mention my neibours anoyment when they are awoken in the middle of the night by my Barbarian inspired Howls...).

20. mwints

mwints IncGamers Member

Sweet! 5 years and I'm 1/150th of the way there. That's what we call progress people. :thumbsup: