Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A new kinda Freaky

Discussion in 'PvP' started by nickalisk, Mar 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickalisk

nickalisk Banned

A new kinda Freaky

I was playing my axe barb when a noobish looking pally ask me to duel, i complied not bothering to scan his items (he was wearing a bone visage), anywase we say ready...and *crackle* i lose sum life this happens about 3 more times, im down to about half hp (sum pally aura's) i manage to rush into his vincity and execute a whirly and he croaked...i checked my empty life bar to discovered i had 57 life left....so this could have swung either ways. he left promptly after his loss no gg or anything just gone.
    i remeber getting a glympse of a dragon armour sum kinda axe, runeword* and a dream bone visage. wth kinda pally is this? i didnt have any resist gear on (i thought it was a vs melee) so that y so much aura dmg , i have 6k life so ite not my life. anyone have any clue? scared the bejeezers outta me.

i saw the bone visage and wrote that one off 2 early, worse it could b i thought was a well build *ranger* (like those exist) ;D

needless to say i shall b more observant and careful...
    post away!

2. Skips

Skips IncGamers Member

Maybe you should stop using maphack to get the exact idea of someones gear before a duel and actually level the playing field a little for those of us that dont want/cant get it and stop. Unless you cant win without knowing exaclty your opponents tricks, it makes me sick when I enter a duel with a trapsin, and someone looks at my gear goes, oh youve got blahdeblah type of claws you must be a fire trapper and changes their gear accordingly, I wouldnt mind after the first battle, but unless you rely on knowing your opponents gear exactly to win you shouldnt play. IMHO.

3. nobledarkmoon

nobledarkmoon IncGamers Member

i agree with skips 100%

lol, well i guess you should try duel without maphack, and see how far you get without it.

you will after awhile gain a feeling on what people are wearing and type of dueler, by armor colour and type, weaps helms colour type ect.

4. nickalisk

nickalisk Banned

As I said, I didnt have it on till after our duel. AFTER
    why else was i "surprise"??? read the post b4 u post.
    I do know what kinda stuff he was wearing... "bone visage" that means only a couple of possible things.

stay on topic, i did not ask about how ethical maphacks r (like you dont use them) dont even respond to that u cant prove otherwise, really tho "read before you post" then ***stay on Topic***

5. parkerbsb

parkerbsb IncGamers Member

Agreed with the above 2 posters(above nicalisk). Also check the pally/sorc forums for Dreamer threads... people wearing dual dream items can have some nasty holy shock (with dragon or whatever Holy fire) damage.

6. nickalisk

nickalisk Banned

On a side note, the guy i dueled used maphack, he complimented my gear so don't comment unless you fully know. and since i thought he was a noob i didnt bother to even turn my on.

7. parkerbsb

... now who's loosing focus. Instead of getting all defensive realize that people around here DON'T like MH; and read what I wrote... they are called dreamers, and if they are built right, they can tear quite a few builds around (IMO Sorc dreamers > Pally dreamers)

8. disc

disc IncGamers Member

he has asked for our opinions but to be frank- his attitude doesnt warrant much help or advice. The thread maker is the one useing map hack so i really dont see why he needs any help at all regarding countering an opponents items.......
    oh, and i hate the word "Noob" and can say i have never used it but i cant think of anything more appropriate. :)

9. nickalisk

nickalisk Banned

I think in this situation the maphack helps identify this type of paladin, it b hard to ask what he was with "sum bone visage, armour and a shield." So stay on topic, ur still droning on about various things but not the topic, attittude is fine, stop warping this thread and ill b happy, u have the option not to post if ur not going to talk about it. I'd rather it that way than going off on random ethics which vary person to person. And if i need to not b so "defensive" stop being so offensive. And reminding you to stay on topic? thats not really off topic because u did that to begin with. Notice i said "thought he was a noob"
    can u honestly say u never "thought sumone was a noob"?

btw i dont need help countering, never asked for that i need help identifying. Realize that i beat when without maphack and scanning.

10. nickalisk

nickalisk Banned

ok that has nothing to do with this topic,

11. nickalisk

nickalisk Banned

I think in this situation the maphack helps identify this type of paladin, it b hard to ask what he was with "sum bone visage, armour and a shield." So stay on topic, ur still droning on about various things but not the topic, attittude is fine, stop warping this thread and ill b happy, u have the option not to post if ur not going to talk about it. I'd rather it that way than going off on random ethics which vary person to person. And if i need to not b so "defensive" stop being so offensive. And reminding you to stay on topic? thats not really off topic because u did that to begin with. Notice i said "thought he was a noob"
    can u honestly say u never "thought sumone was a noob"?

btw i dont need help countering, never asked for that i need help identifying. Realize that i beat when without maphack and scanning.

@parkerbsb
    I posted right when u posted so my comment had nothing to do with you so dont waste space with:

12. Xircon

Xircon IncGamers Member

Sorry, but I kind of agree with him here.

13. parkerbsb

Xirc, you may agree... however I have told him the issue, and he has faild to even acknowledge that. Makes me wonder if he is more inclined to be unpleasant rather than check out what I had told him and say thank you.

The pala you were dueling was wearing dual dream (sheild and helm) no question since the only helms that can get 3 sockets are circlets and bone helms. He therefore had a level 30 holy shock (most likley synergised) making the damage quite high if you didn't stack resists. I'd BET that he had conviction on as he was waiting for you to come to him.

There question awnsered. Please respond to my not-off topic post now topic creator.

Thank you :)

14. nickalisk

nickalisk Banned

I think you may be right but y the axe? was that just to threaten other chars into thinking he was melee or sumthing? i didnt know dream stacked......

15. parkerbsb

Dream stacks, it's been verified... thus a sorc with level 30 HS synergised with light mastery (yes it works too), when they attack with a weapon it does even more damage (hs*2(lm)) or some such wich equates to approx 30K lit damage per hit.
    Anyways back on topic... The axe was most likley a doom (for the HF aura) axe and he more than likley was wearing phoenix (or whatever the runeword is) for the HF aura in his armor. Why not have 3 different pulses of damage going?

If you stack resists they aren't that scarry... sorcs tho... sorcs can HURT with this sort of setup

16. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Dennis_KoreanGuy IncGamers Member

Are you saying that you killed him w/o him touching you with his axe? Managed to get you life to 57? That's a... super kickass ranger...

Sure mh does help identify the type of the paly, but is that so neccesary? Identifying everyone you duel before you duel? I mean you could just ask the dude, and if he doesn't answer, he's a ***, and that's that, and leave it at that. Are you saying that us ppl w/o mh must play with a handicap not being able to identify as well as you before dueling?

So you thought the paly was a "noob" before you dueled him. But he did over 5.9k of dam just from his auras in couple seconds, so I'd think you were wrong as to him being a new player. Also, what is this you making fun of Bone Helms dude? You think bone helms look "noobish" huh?

The axe... well I really don't know but if I had an axe to use with a dreamer, I suppose I'd just keep using charge to stun for lil extra dam, although just teleing around w/ an Enigma seems much better...

- Dennis

17. parkerbsb

The pulse damage shouldn't be that high, even with crap resists. The average pally dueler uses charge to deal the majority of the damage. While sorc's turn into a bear and smack you hard and fast.

I really can't see the damage being that high even with a high level veng (offencive charms won't increase damage). So either topic creator's resists were CRAP, or the duel lasted alot longer than he's letting on.

18. Bakerking31

Bakerking31 IncGamers Member

most likely it was a torcher with HOJ, 2 dragons and a dream for good measure on, check the pally forums, they can do quite a bit if dmg. only reason i say not 2 dreams is because u said his axe was some sort of runeword, which raises the flag to me that it was probably a HOJ zerker.

19. parkerbsb

Heh I forgot about HoJ... nicely called! I still don't think a torcher can bring you down to 57ish life from around 6k (from what I read) in a few seconds.

20. grycld

grycld IncGamers Member

crecent moon axe maybe?

also bone visages arent the only helms that can get 3 sockets. masks, great helms, and crowns can as well as their exceptional/elite counterparts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.