Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A new idea to reduce PK threads.

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by probowl278, Mar 22, 2004.

1. probowl278

probowl278 IncGamers Member

A new idea to reduce PK threads.

I was browsing around the forums and on the east/europe realm I found an interesting thread, it is called the soapbox thread, so my suggestion is to create a soapbox thread for any debates on PK'ing or pretty much anything to do with PvP, so that people like myself can ignore the issues of PK's and read the topics that we would like to read. I think this would relive some congestion and would be a great addition to the forums, also I think it would be fit to scrap the thread every week or so, so we don't have to scroll through 25 pages to find the information that we are looking for.

I hope this idea can be used in a good way in some shape or form, but I'm off for a date with the majestic land of the Arreat and the Summit that has been built and a shrine to the Ancients.

2. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

I highly doubt having a special thread would really accomplish much in the way of lessening the frequency of pk/anti-pk debates. If someone starts a thread asking for advice about a pk build, some anti-pk person is inevitably going to want to voice their opinion on the matter. If someone whines about a death to a pk, some pro-pk person is probably going to (mockingly or not) tell them how easy it is to avoid such deaths. It just goes on and on, and it's all up to Zappa how much of it is tolerated (I think he's doing a damn fine job). I personally wouldn't mind handing out PM warnings to those who take it too far, but that's probably more effort than it's worth.

I'd like to think the newer forum-goers are to blame lately since they may not understand that the same things have already been said for both sides a million times over, but even some of the veterans have trouble holding back at times.

What's keeping you from ignoring those threads? I've had absolutely no problem myself. Did you get some sort of spyware or trojan that automatically opens up the PK threads and forces you to read them? If so I'm very sorry. I realize you're just trying to help, but this doesn't really seem like a valid reason.

3. jsiv

jsiv IncGamers Member

And I thought you liked PK'ing, Bowler :scratch:

4. det

det IncGamers Member

Hm, I was also thinking that a PK sticky would help here, but I think it would...

A) ...become huge, as threads in the last time have proven

B) ...will get ignored anyhow as all ppl prove who never read stickies or guides and post the same question on character builds all the time

C) ...ppl carry OT and Community or Trade Threads here anyhow, though there are dedicated forums.

5. probowl278

probowl278 IncGamers Member

Well, I guess it was a dumb idea, but I think that we could use some help with those threads that were stickied before, I'm just trying to think up new idea's to reduce the Pk flame-war debates, because Ive seen that some people have been getting annoyed by it. Btw I usually go to the pvp forum to read about pvp'ing :D.

6. Mn_Swe2

Mn_Swe2 IncGamers Member

Yes, you can find some tips there, but normally SC duelling and HC duelling/hunting are two very different things :)

/Magnus

7. Baranor

Baranor IncGamers Member

PK debates come in flows, like cheating debates etc, etc. Its ther natural ebb and flood of a forum. There is nothing you can do about them but wither the storm. However, it is remarkable that some of the pk's have sticked around WAY longer than the anti-pk's.

I recall the days of Grey Guardian and say no more.

8. ConnerMacleod

ConnerMacleod IncGamers Member

Yeah, what Baranor said. ^ ^

9. Wolfedude

Wolfedude IncGamers Member

Until the last couple of days it has been quite a while since we have had a pro Pk anti PK thread.