A New Attempt

pncwd

Diabloii.Net Member
A New Attempt

I have always played a hammerdin, powerful and easy to play, well now the time has come to try something new.

I am building a holy freeze / vengence pally
so now for the questions

I was thinking for skill pts
20 veng
20 holy freeze
20 cold resist
10 fire resist
10 light resist
10 holy shield
prereqs

How does that sound or should I do something different.

End Equiptment
Grief Phase Blade (because I already have it)

Not sure what else
HoZ or Exile
Enigma or Fortitude
Tgods or Dungos
Rare gloves or steelrends
angelic set up or maras with rare dual leech rings

What thoughts do you have. He is lvl 22 right now and is wearing the Milabrega's set with a pair of rare low lvl gloves and boots. Where should I go with him as far as the build goes.
 

gedda-d-e

Diabloii.Net Member
pncwd said:
I have always played a hammerdin, powerful and easy to play, well now the time has come to try something new.

I am building a holy freeze / vengence pally
so now for the questions

I was thinking for skill pts
20 veng
20 holy freeze
20 cold resist
10 fire resist
10 light resist
10 holy shield
prereqs

How does that sound or should I do something different.

End Equiptment
Grief Phase Blade (because I already have it)

Not sure what else
HoZ or Exile
Enigma or Fortitude
Tgods or Dungos
Rare gloves or steelrends
angelic set up or maras with rare dual leech rings

What thoughts do you have. He is lvl 22 right now and is wearing the Milabrega's set with a pair of rare low lvl gloves and boots. Where should I go with him as far as the build goes.
Hello.
On the skill issue I'd say your build is as good as any, you could always go with only two of the three elemental damages but thats up to you. For the skill allocation you posted, max out your aura first, then attack, then HS, and then synergies (same order, syn to aura first, then attack) since I take it your playing your way to hell and lvl99 :) ?
With the gear you got i'd say you'll get enough phys.dmg to not have a backup skill or a switch.

With the stuff you have listed, I'd say you have two alternetives:
One, the phys dmg pala using steelrends, verdungos, fortitude and Exile. Combined with your grief pb there should be no need to phys.dmg to go around.
And then, the more elemental- HF-avenger (if you can missunderstand me right) that goes with tgs, crafted gloves, hoz and enigma for more +skills and therefore more elemental damage.

Without calculating anything I think that the first alternetive will deal most the dmg (probably lack resists and life as any mass-dmg build, major drawback but charms and other eq could fix it) but the second will be more of an HF-avenger pally.

Now, without babbeling on about more nonsense that won't help you, I'll try and reach the submit button...

//gedda
 

pncwd

Diabloii.Net Member
FodderCannoned said:
I would say maybe 5 points in zeal for when you use the holy freeze aura you could switch your attacks?
I was planning on using the holy freeze with vengence, should I use Fant instead, if so shouldn't I change my synergies, and if I change them wouldn't that change the type build?
 

Tastychiken_europe

Diabloii.Net Member
pncwd said:
I was planning on using the holy freeze with vengence, should I use Fant instead, if so shouldn't I change my synergies, and if I change them wouldn't that change the type build?
i dont think you should change your synergies for fanat just 20 points in another aura :).
and if u change them it would change the type of the build yes :confused: .
i would go with massive -res for a build like yours since avengers are good beacuse of their -res. that way u may need some if u dont have conviction.
beacuse ur holy freeze i would nightwing's and some other items that gives -cold res.
 

[exile]

Diabloii.Net Member
I heard that the +Damage from Grief does not benefit Vengeance. It's what caused me to give up on my Avenger idea, actually. Have you experimented yet?
 

IN_FLAMES

Banned
Based on your gear options I'd say you would have little or no resists come Hell difficulty, let alone nightmare.

Overall this build needs quite a bit of tweaking/testing before it will work solidly. But that's the fun part, isn't it?
 

pncwd

Diabloii.Net Member
IN_FLAMES said:
Based on your gear options I'd say you would have little or no resists come Hell difficulty, let alone nightmare.

Overall this build needs quite a bit of tweaking/testing before it will work solidly. But that's the fun part, isn't it?
well this is where I am
19 Vengence
8 Conviction
6 Zeal
10 Holy Freeze
4 Fant
4 in Resist Fire
6 in Resist Cold
4 in Resist Light

Now that is with the extra skills from a combat skiller and the melibergas (spelling) Set, plus one soj. I have 139 stat pts still to use and he is only at lvl 43.

Here is one problem that I am having already, He cannot take a hit, This might be due to the fact I have not put any pts in Vit yet, but I have like 350 life without any pts. His dmg is not very high but the base dmg on the secpter is only 15-25 so that translates to around 210-350 or something around there for vengence dmg while running holy freeze. I can kill every thing except Minions of Destruction and Baal in Norm. I can kill them but normally die a few times.
Once I hit 59 I will find out how the phase bladed Grief will do.
I think this will be my end gear

Goreriders
SoulDrainers or Steelrends (not sure yet)
Verdungos
Andys Visage
HOZ (just until I can make an Exile with lots of resistance)
Grief phase blade (got an almost perfect roll on it -24/397/39)
High Lords ammy (until I get a metal grid or good crafted ammy)
Dual Raven Frost (but have a BK on stand by)

I have an anni that was on my sorc that I am going to xfer over with a couple of resist all small charms and 3 combat skillers, I just have to xfer the other two over.

I dont know how this will work out and if you have any suggestions on the build so far let me know right now I am open to any suggestions, I can always go back and build a normal zealot, just dont want to go there yet.

edit:
after I posted I realized I forgot to add the armor. LOL
COH from my sorcs Merc, he dont have an eth one on so I figured he wouldn't mind if I borrowed it until I get a Fort.
 
Top