Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A new Amazon build to sem-start of the ladder!

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Feonn, Jun 22, 2008.

1. Feonn

Feonn IncGamers Member

A new Amazon build to sem-start of the ladder!

Heya there! I was thinking of a new build for the Amazon, and it'd go something like this, I'll keep it very brief so yeah, I just want your opinions:

Prereqs:

D/A/E
    Inner Sight/Sl.Mis./Decoy
    Jab
    Power Strike

For a total of 8

20 Plage Javelin
    20 Poison Javelin
    20 Charged Strike
    20 Lightning Fury
    15 Valkery

For a total of 95
    ________________________________________+

That is 98 points in total: Achieved at level 91 (if I'm not mistaking: I haven't played in a year so... (1x Den of Evil, 1x Rada, 2x Izuel right?)

That'll do some nice Poison Damage and good lightning damage...I know the lightning isn't very synergized but yeah: It'll do enough damage (I think/hope)

your opinions?
    Would it work? In hell there are sooo much lightning imunes :s
    I know it won't be very fast killing, but I think it might work...

2. galzohar

galzohar IncGamers Member

Re: A new Amazon build to sem-start of the ladder!

Freezing arrow with a bow on switch works wonders, while poison doesn't really. And when you consider the nasty gloams are phy resistant and poison+lightning immune it even more leads to freezing arrow.

Also don't put more than ~10-15 in charged strike while leveling up, you'll need these points in cold arrow so your freezing/cold arrow are 20/20 or close to it when you enter hell at lvl75 (before hell quests). You don't really need more anyway to level up and won't use it a whole lot once you have LF, and when you do use it it'll be strong enough. On the other hand if you don't put enough in CA/FA you're not going to have fun killing lightning immunes or even resistant.

Lightning fury gets very little from synergies, so don't worry much about it.

GET PIERCE. Most important talent for just about any amazon, especially when using LF (and FA)! 1 point is enough with razortail belt and +skills, and if you're going for a secondary attack (like FA or PJ (recomended FA)) you're not going to have the points for pierce so razortail is quite a must. And I'll tell you I felt a very noticeable difference when my ladder-starter-zon got her hands on a razortail. Pierce is game breaking, seriously, get it as close to 100% as possible without losing damage from your main (LF/FA) attacks.

Forget valk, while it's nice to have a strong tank you will not have the points to put in her (beyond the basic 1) until level 85, and by that time you will probably feel you don't really need her to be that strong. Anyway once you're maxed on everything else you can decide if you want more lightning synergies or more valk (or more pierce if you lack +skills, but I highly recommend stacking +skills in every way possible).

3. Feonn

Feonn IncGamers Member

Hmmm....that's a nice view :D I never really liked bows, but that doesn't really matter, now does it... Ok, new build

D/A/E
    Inner Sight/Sl.Mis./Decoy
    Jab/Power Strike/Poison Javelin/Plague Javelin/Lightning Bolt
    Cr. Hit/Penetrate
    Ice Arrow
    ___________________________ 14 in total

1 Valkery
    1+ Pierce
    20 LF
    15 CS
    20 CA
    20 FA

___________________________ 77 in total
    ________________________________________+

91 in total
    Main core done at: 91-12 = level 79

The other ~10 remaining points (I'll asume I reach about level 90) will go into Charged Strike (5) and 5...idk :eek:

could anyone confirm you get 4 skill points per act?! Or do you get one from Malah for bringing back Anya?

4. galzohar

4 per difficulty, 1 akara, 1 radament and 2 izual, no more.

5. Skinhead On The MBTA

Skinhead On The MBTA IncGamers Member

So the build would be finished at level 86, rather than 91, assuming you do all of the skill quests.

You don't have to do what everyone else does just because it may be a little more powerful - if you want to go for a Poison/Lightning hybrid, go for it I say.

6. Feonn

Feonn IncGamers Member

Then I'll need some gear to power up the poison.
    Atm, I don't even have a CD (I'm searching desperatly for one) but I'll order one online tomorrow! :eek:

Ok, then I was right :D

7. NASE

NASE IncGamers Member

I tried a simular build without certainly not starting gear and I find poison to be simply to slow. I didn't have a valk and the start of act 2 hell was impossible. Lightning immune scarabs that died to slow and hit to hard. I stopped around lvl 79.

On the other hand, there is a guide written in the single player forum, so it can't be to unvaible.
    it isn't this guide I were looking for, though whatever:
    http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=128348

8. Feonn

Feonn IncGamers Member

Ok then! I might try that...
    I can't find my LoD CD atm, so I'm starting out a new char at SP :eek:

9. MuffinMan

MuffinMan IncGamers Member

If you have good gear, it is a fun build indeed. Both PvM and PvP...

But is poison bugged somehow? Or is it Lying Character Screen thats pulling my leg?

With a setup with full inventory (got room for another skiller) Im currently doing 125k-122k poison javs, when it should display 122-125k?
    It displays "backwards" variables in damage after about 83k?

Remove one and it drops to 117k-114k
    Remove two and its down to 109k-107k
    Remove three and its 102k-101k
    Remove four and its 94k-93k

It gets normal when I remove remove five, and get 81,5k-82k

Sorry for hijackin the thread a lil bit :whistling:

10. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

Place up some screenies, would ya? I don't disbelieve you but I just want to see it. I have never seen that before, but there aren't that many poison jabbers these days.

11. Aneth

Aneth IncGamers Member

[​IMG]

While poison/light hybrid is pretty poor for PvM, it's excellent in PvP. Get yourself lots of FRW/Res SC's and FRW/Skill GC's, and you'll tear up pubs. I'd advise not bothering too much with facets though - Trangs and Bramble are great for the added damage, but facets only add 5 more on top of the 75 or so you already have, and -res is near useless - any opponent who's giving you trouble before the -res comes into play will probably be intelligent enough to pop a few antidote pots for higher stacked res.

12. galzohar

If you're not making a sorc you'll already be feeling quite "special" ;)

13. Feonn

Feonn IncGamers Member

Lol :p Yeah, maybe you're right...

A little update, I think I've chosen to go the Pure lightning path, with a good valkyrie...

20 CS
    20 LF
    20 LS
    ~10 Valkyrie
    10+ Lightning Bolt

Prereqs:
    9 in Passive tree
    4 in Jav tree
    ___________________+
    93 skill points, finished at level 81. I think I dont need 10 Valk, that'll be too much. So, with a maxed lightning bolt aswell I'll do some insane damage...I'll just need like 3 facets and an Infinity for me merc...apart from that, it'd own too hard :D
    If I would only have an Enigma... :thumbup:

Btw, could anyone give me an update of the improvments of the valk, or are these the only ones:
    Code:
    lvl 1 rare full plate mail and spear
    lvl 2 adds magic heavy gloves
    lvl 4 adds magic heavy boots
    lvl 5 adds magic heavy belt
    lvl 7 upgrades full plate mail to rare chaos armor
    lvl 8 upgrades spear to rare lance
    lvl 10 upgrades heavy gloves to magic war gauntlets
    lvl 11 upgrades heavy boots to magic war boots
    lvl 12 upgrades heavy belt to magic war belt
    lvl 13 adds magic amulet
    lvl 14 adds magic circlet
    lvl 16 replaces chaos armor with rare sacred armor
    lvl 17 replaces lance with rare war pike
    lvl 19 upgrades war gauntlets to rare crusader gauntlets
    lvl 21 upgrades war boots to rare mirrored boots
    lvl 23 upgrades war belt to rare colussus girdle
    lvl 25 upgrades magic amulet to rare amulet
    lvl 27 upgrades circlet to rare tiara

Btw: About the armour upgrades, for example, at level 27, she gets an upgrade from Circlet to Tiara...does that mean she gets a Tiara on with mods that can spawn on any rare tiara? I think it does, just checking... :eek:

If decided I do want a Sorc afterall...I really need something to start of the ladder with...? :D

14. NASE

NASE IncGamers Member

Yes she will get a tiara with all the mods that can spawn on a rare tiara, though it ain't the tiara that is important. The important aspect is that fact that it is rare, making it generally more powerful then a rare cornet could ever be.

15. Feonn

Feonn IncGamers Member

Ok, thanks :D

Could anyone confirm that I should go Pure lightning? (I'm making an MF sorc now, hoping to EVER be able to afford infinity)
    Till then, I'll use my Valk, Merc and Jab for LI's :D

16. Dacar92

It'll be a very powerful build except against LI's. But if you can find a Infinity for your merc, and Griffin's for you, then use Thunderstrokes on LI's. If you know you're coming up on an LI put on Thundergods, too and you'll teat through hell.

GL!

17. Feonn

Feonn IncGamers Member

Sounds very expensive all, because that's what it is! Idk, about US Realms but I thought Griphin's are about 20 (???) Ist on Eu realm...not going to be able to afford that anywhere the first 12 centuries:thumbup:
    Though Thundergods and Thunderstrokes are not as expensive right?

18. PFSS

PFSS IncGamers Member

Just a note - D/A/E is a bit buggy. You D/A/E while attacking and then you think you're throwing javelins, and the screen shows you throwing them but you're not. You have to move before you can attack again.

Also - until you get CBF when you are cold and D/A/E it takes a HUGE amount of time.

The pure light zon is possibly my favorite character to play, but I personally prefer going without a Valk as it needs to have D/A/E which I find to be too much of a pain when playing.

It's also a relatively cheap character to make half decent - Half the end game gear is pretty cheap like Titans, Razortail, TGods, Valk Helm, Spirt Monarch and a low RavenFrost. All these can often be gotten for not much more than PGs

Shop some +3 gloves, and use Peace/Treachery (Both have awesome bonuses) or pick up a Viper Skin armor and you're pretty much sorted.

Then just switch out the basic gear as and when you get better stuff (like CoH, +3Jav Gloves with IAS or +2Jav/IAS/Bonuses)

Prayer/Might Merc with Insight, Guillaume's Face Helm and Treachery is also awesome until you get an Infinity to help with light immunes.

Teleport on zons is really bad. I think with full FCR gear they teleport as fast as a sorc with no gear at all. Though Enigma is useful for transportation when crossing rivers, and gives a nice FRW bonus.

I should mention that it is possible to get a lot of FRW on Light zons (Titans, Boots, and a Valk Helm is already 90% FRW with no gear sacrifices at all) which makes them very zippy.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2008
  19. Dacar92

Yes, that stuff may be expensive. I was only telling you what would help you to tear thru hell. Each of those items have - to enemy lit resist. Even getting Thunderstrokes alone would help. They do decent physical damage too. Just make the weapon switch when you run up against he LI's. The belt is only nice if you're running up against a LI. Otherwise use Razortail. The pierce will help way more that any mod Thundergods has.

20. Feonn

Feonn IncGamers Member

Seriously? Anyway: I'm letting the Zon lay to rest for the moment, getting a Sorc, level ~85 asap. Pure Blizz to MF with.

Thanks alot :D