Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A minor Ancients bug

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Lord Chaos, Feb 10, 2004.

1. Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos IncGamers Member

A minor Ancients bug

Heh, just found a bug with the ancients...if the one activating them makes a leap attack as he's reading the book, the quest activates, the pedistal thingie activates, but the ancients don't, effectively making the quest impossible to complete in that game.

Funny.

2. skihard

skihard Banned

sounds like that's not something you want to do then, unless a portal to town resets everything as usually happens.

3. Mr Evil

Mr Evil IncGamers Member

Sounds like an interesting bug: Set it off, then run around holding shift+attack and making grunting noises, then asking everyone why the hell they aren't helping, as you can't possibly take on all three of them yourself. Eventually somone will get bored and make a tp, then you can shout at them because you had the last one down to a sliver and now you have to do it all again...

4. Mikeyrat

Mikeyrat IncGamers Member

This would be funny except for the fact that shift-click animations that don't have a target aren't displayed on the other person's computer. I know this because I had mine next to the wives, and I was trying to make it look like I was hitting her, and while my display was "ooof, ooof!" he was doing nothing on hers. Bleh, too bad. Your idea would be funny...

Just like the chickens in the rogue camp. Once I chased one over her way (on my screen) and said "Get the chicken! Run him out of town!" She was like, "huh? what chicken?" I looked and he wasn't there.

5. Koneko

Koneko IncGamers Member

Not sure about the chicken thing, but I've definitely seen shift + click animations that don't have a target. Actually, just today I was in a public game and don't ask why, but the necro started doing the shift + click attacks on the party members acting like he was chopping our heads off with his axe, some other people joined in it too.

6. Reggitsan

Reggitsan Banned

Best Ancients trick is to join hell ancient games, help out until the last one is about dead, then town portal. Keep doing it over and over.

Ok, maybe I am just sadistic.

7. Daemonaz

Daemonaz IncGamers Member

Yes I have seen it happen to! Is this a new thing in 1.10? My wives pc is next to mine, and when I was goofing around with my Poison Dagger I saw and heard him attack empty air on her PC.

8. skihard

skihard Banned

that would so be cause to get the PKK character and come back for you.....but if I was doing it it would be so damn funny I'd have a hard time playing......wonder how many times before people started leaving the game?!?