Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A merc levelling question..

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Starseed, Mar 5, 2004.

1. Starseed

Starseed IncGamers Member

A merc levelling question..

I have a 29 spearazon and just hired a level 7 A1 merc (figure a ranged one will serve her better than another poking-type merc). She seems to be lvling pretty slowly and I was wondering if it was the lvl difference between us? My Sorcs Merc was around her lvl when I hired him and he pretty much gained a level every 1 1/2 to 2 NM bloody runs for quite awhile.. just wondering if I should wait until NM to get one closer to my 'zons level at the time or if there was any particular place (in norm) that could help her out more..

2. alainpp66

alainpp66 IncGamers Member

You'll have to bring her up slowly until lvl25, because up until that point she doesn't get much exp unless the monster is very close to her lvl.

After that, you can do all the runs you want as long as she stays alive.

It may not be worth it to you to lvl her... just get one in A1 nm; imo.

3. Starseed

Starseed IncGamers Member

Yeah, I might do that.. I'm lvl 30 now and NORMALLY I run Baal until about 50 but for the sake of a challenge, I'm half-tempted to try and go there now.. still contemplating it. heh..

4. alainpp66

alainpp66 IncGamers Member

Well, you can hire an A1 Nm merc as high as lvl40... So keep that in mind when thinking about taking the leap.

5. vdzele

vdzele IncGamers Member

-They fully share experience for their kills with you, and they receive a smaller share of experience for monsters that you kill (3 times smaller).Mercenaries do not get experience from party member kills, but they do from your summoned monsters/characters.

So let him do all the killings (as much as posible)

-Hirelings might not level up very well if they are in areas where monsters are much higher or lower in level. You might have to try different areas to find good places to level up your Hirelings.

Try to be in the area's were the monsters are ~ to your merc lvl (-/+5 levels). You can find monster levels here

-I can recomend you act 2 normal defense (with defiance aura) as a best choice. Try to find lowest level of merc as u can. Then level/train this guy up. A merc that levels up has more health/attribute/resistance/ then a hell merc.

My meteor_FO orb sorc with maxed blocking chance defense never dies while teleporting with my level 89 defiance merc ===> both have over 12000 defense when he activates his aura.

6. WackenOpenAir

WackenOpenAir IncGamers Member

indeed the first 25 levels are hard.

I did it only once, i took an act2 defencive for a paladin. Next time i'll just hire him in hell.