Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A lot of crybabies out there

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by iAC, Jun 25, 2005.

1. iAC

iAC IncGamers Member

A lot of crybabies out there

Not to "flame" as we call it or make anyone feel worse over the net lol. But seriously if its such a waste of time to you people who complain about people who make post like for example "Ladrer Reset?" and then you click on it tell us about how dumb the person who made this post is. then say i wonder if people even check other posts, and then tell him nad how much it wasted ur time. Well if it such a waste just dont click on it, its not that hard at all.
    Or you can just cry it up really your call i get.
    But to me its more annoying listening to you cry about it.

2. Ebuski

Ebuski IncGamers Member

Well sometimes people say that it's been said before, because maybe then in the future when these users post they will search and see if any other posts on the subject have been made. Sure people use it as a way to rant, but it's also a way for newer posters to learn to use the search option.

3. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

iAC,

Aren't you doing exactly what you hate? I mean, like you said, if someone doesn't like a post, they shouldn't read it. Wouldn't it better to follow that advice and not read the peoples replies to the "Ladder Reset?" posts?

What you've really done now, is you made a post about your dislike of people who make posts about their dislike of people who make posts about the ladder reset...

4. cabe

cabe IncGamers Member

it would be nice if posts containing no info would be deleted, because it hurts those of us who actually DO use the search feature. someone may make a thread called "ladder reset" and five ppl will respond saying that to search for it b/c it's already been answered.

once enough of those threads build up, though, they vastly outnumber the *useful* threads that contain the actual info when i go and search for it.

personally, i prefer searching. it's faster than posting a question and sitting around waiting for someone to answer your thread! :D

5. Dredd

Dredd D3 Off Topic Moderator

I agree that some posters could stand to be a bit more polite in their replies. However, when it comes to the ladder reset question it becomes rather irritating to see a new thread on that topic every single day when we have a dedicated thread for it, a sticky thread that links to it, and a perfectly working search feature (which turned up 4 relevant hits in the last two weeks - three right here in Community - in case you're wondering).

There is absolutely no excuse why any poster - new or old - can't take 30 seconds to check if their question has been asked (and answered) before. It takes no more time to do a quick search than it does to start a new topic. Save the admins some bandwidth. :)

6. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

if it's annoying you then don't click the ladder threads

complaining about complaining...

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

congratulations

7. Joch

Joch IncGamers Member

It is even the moderater who will close ladder threads asap so do you dislike him aswell??

8. Dawnmaster

Dawnmaster IncGamers Member

That doens't make any sense?

1) Moderators have a vast freedom, according to the rules, they don't even have to explain their actions (but they're nice and do it anyway)
    2) If Gorny didn't lock every beg/ladder/hackflame thread, the Community would soon be filled up with a lot of those.
    3) If for some reason you would not like a Mod, stay out of that forum, since he is "the chosen one" for that job, and he is the King, Judge and Executioner there.

9. festers50

festers50 IncGamers Member

There are people who would complain even if you hung them with a gold rope :hanky:

What we need is a nice cheese thread, to go with the whine :jig:

10. HardyTarget

HardyTarget IncGamers Member

In my opinion, ignorant people (those who don't try to find out things beforehand, ask stupid questions etc etc.) deserve to get slightly flamed, deserve to get told, so to speak.
    Asking for something like a ladder reset, something that only blizzard can know and will announce once it's near, is being ignorant.

Of course an ideal way to deal with people like that is just to point them in the right direction, if they don't listen, then bring on the flamethrower :p j/k

This is just another crybaby thread among others, only the title is different than usual.

My 2 cents

Cheers.

11. SuggestiveName

SuggestiveName IncGamers Member

The ironing is simply delicious. But who will complain about the people who are complaining about the complainers?. And then who will complain about the people who are complaining about the people complaining about the complainers?

12. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Brilliant !!