A longing, any ideas?

FireAnt45

Diabloii.Net Member
A longing, any ideas?

Anyone ever get a feeling...a kind of longing? just to through your monitor out of a window(or something less dramatic) and just run into the city, forest or whatever , just away.
I periodically get this, I hate it, because I can't just leave, but I also hate when the feeling leaves me. I cherish every secound of it I have but I also hate it.

at first it start small, but over a year/ months it gets more insistant.

anyone else have this?

am I just crazy or is this normal?
 

cougar

Diabloii.Net Member
it's just like pent up energy. I am a regular ball of energy and i get that from time to time... so i just go out and run around for awhile or shoot some hoops. If it's cold.. just go jump out into the snow in your underwear.. that'll be a shocker.


haha in fact, i just ran outside and made a snow angel in a t-shirt and sandals... fun stuff hehehe.
 

Ash Housewares

Diabloii.Net Member
or make inflammatory posts and join the marines

just don't throw the monitor out the window and jump out after it

one time I had to dismantle my computer, and watch where they smash the **** out of the copier in Office Space to feel better
 

giantpinkbunnyhead

Diabloii.Net Member
I had that feeling. It got bigger and bigger, then when I was 20 I did something about it. I moved from Los Angeles to Alaska. I have longed my entire life to get the hell out of CA, always thinking I could never be able to do it... then one day I just said "f* it, I'm going..." and quit my job, quit school and flew up here with no job or friends or anything... Just a lust for adventure. Best choice I ever made! Is that the kind of longing you are talking about? If it is... and you're not bogged down with wife/kids/mortgage, then DO IT! Explore the world while you still can.
 

Corneo

Diabloii.Net Member
giantpinkbunnyhead said:
I had that feeling. It got bigger and bigger, then when I was 20 I did something about it. I moved from Los Angeles to Alaska. I have longed my entire life to get the hell out of CA, always thinking I could never be able to do it... then one day I just said "f* it, I'm going..." and quit my job, quit school and flew up here with no job or friends or anything... Just a lust for adventure. Best choice I ever made! Is that the kind of longing you are talking about? If it is... and you're not bogged down with wife/kids/mortgage, then DO IT! Explore the world while you still can.
Wow, how did you do it? Why did you do after you stepped off the plane?
 

Clacker

Diabloii.Net Member
When I have alot of Pent up anger, I just hit something with my head. I need a sheet of paper with a circle on It that says "Bang head here"
 

giantpinkbunnyhead

Diabloii.Net Member
Corneo said:
Wow, how did you do it? Why did you do after you stepped off the plane?
When I got off the plane, I grabbed a shuttle to a local hotel. Once there, I grabbed a phone book and a newspaper and dug up a good place to stay. Then I hit up local Subway restaurants for work (I had worked there in CA and had experience). I secured lodging at a youth hostel that same evening, so I didn't even stay that night in the hotel...I went to the hostel which was a block away. I got a job at a Subway three days later just down the street. made lots of friends living in a hostel. From that I made my new life...became a pilot and now I fly all over Alaska. It also helped that I did lots of research before I actually left...just "pretend planning" except I acted upon the plans in the end.

So FireAnt, where do you want to leave? Do you give extra thought to any one place? Why do you say you can't leave?
 

cougar

Diabloii.Net Member
i would love to get out of the midwest and go to film school in california, but im just too close to my family in Iowa that i dont think i could do it.
 

FireAnt45

Diabloii.Net Member
Where do I want to leave... I don't know that I know. Cranbrook (where i live), just everything, i'm sick of it, it's all the same and predictable.

Haven't given a lot of thought to where i might go, i'd like to get an american citizen ship, and join the SEALS or something similar, but alas flat feet.

I can't leave well, I'm 15 :grrr: ... heh 3 more years right?
... that felt good, thanks giantpinkbunnyhead you inspired me.
 

Deramhus

Banned
FireAnt45 said:
Anyone ever get a feeling...a kind of longing? just to through your monitor out of a window(or something less dramatic) and just run into the city, forest or whatever , just away.
I periodically get this, I hate it, because I can't just leave, but I also hate when the feeling leaves me. I cherish every secound of it I have but I also hate it.

at first it start small, but over a year/ months it gets more insistant.

anyone else have this?

am I just crazy or is this normal?
It's called Itchy feet. I've had it for years now and in the process of travelling the world. I'm doing this alone (Corneo, no discredit to GPBH, but alot of people do it) and either meeting up with people as I go along or just by myself. I've just finished my trip around Oz and just finished hitching around New Zealand. Easy to do, you just need the fear. Buy your ticket and there's no turning back.
 

Anakha1

Banned
I know what you mean about wanting to run off into the woods. I've needed a long vacation for a while. I intended on taking a two week vacation off to Scotland by myself, but now I'm not sure finances will permit. :(
 

XaviarGangrel

Diabloii.Net Member
I know that exact feeling, I get it alot.

Myself I'm a tad older (23), but got somewhat left behind when my freinds all left the small rural town we lived in, I spend most my time on the net and have trouble finding a job.. cos this area has an unemployment problem...

...but the best things come along, I'm now working on raising money to go to Ausland, to live with some good freinds of mine, possibly never to come back...

If you get a chance to do something, grab it with both hands, you only live once.

Xaviar
 

FireAnt45

Diabloii.Net Member
masterazn said:
I didn't know that.....like? they can't run or something?
I can run fine, in fact I'm pretty fast, but if I stand up all day my feet just start to hurt sooo bad, then most of the next day it hurts to stand and walk etc. :grrr: it's really annoying... comeon miracle cure!
 
Top