A little something to give back to the community...

Holyknight3000

D3 Fan Creations Forum Moderator
A little something to give back to the community...

It's a piece of fan art but it's only been started recently. I'll show the early sketching here and show you the full pencil work in the next day or so.

DefiledVisions

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: A little something to give back to the community...

Do I see hints of wings there? :whistling: Could it possibly be.. Tyrael! haha, looking good there! Looking forward to see it progress more

Holyknight3000

and then there was the finished pencil work:

The wings will be the pain in the a** later but I am nearly done cleaning up the line artwork digitally.

May need a hand with coloring/digital painting him. We'll see.

HK

PS: Can we please get some way to resize images that I can post in here. every IMG code in BBC code wont work! Plus the image resizer will not save.

softshack

Diabloii.Net Member

Hey, nice!
I've actually got a Tyrael piece in the works as well. I agree, the wings are going to be crazy to work on.

Holyknight3000

Here's an update for everyone. I have finally finished Tyrael's Wings and thus completing my Tyrael fan Art 2010.

I did two versions of the wings; please let me know what you guys think.

Version A:

and Version B

Sass

Diabloii.Net Member

Both are great. I like version A since it somewhat keeps with his wispiness from cinematics.

Apocalypse

Diabloii.Net Member

i agree i vote version a. really liked the pensil shot though, great stuff man

Holyknight3000

thanks everyone for you comments it means a lot to me. I too loved version A but i thought i'd try a diff version but later seeing it, it wasn't so great lol

HK

Shizzane

Diabloii.Net Member

I like A better as the finished product :)
I think if you reworked the wings on B though, bit more fluidness to them, I think it would be the better choice. The A one glows out very angelic like, like a angel triumphanting over the hordes with ease. His pose looks a bit like hes about to take on a tough son of a gun though (Not in the immediate but like hes got half a min or so) and the darker atmosphere to the wings would be like the darkness is on the verge of overpowering the light.

I dunno, my thoughts, but my thoughts aren't always to be trusted, but I like the armorwork ALOT, I'd love to be able to draw like that :)

Holyknight3000

thanks for the comment. That's one way to describe this piece for sure lol

When i made my first d3 fan art back in 2008 i always wanted to go back and revisit this guy. the only step i don't know in digital art is well, digital painting.

Granted i swear i refined and added to this guy for 3 weeks strait. not like hours upon hours but when i had free time. The wings were my biggest challenge. its funny though on those wings i did some paint brush effect used the blur tool and added some glow. I also added that darker background because well you cant see white wings on a white background.

I still love how these came out in the end. Exactly as i envisioned when i created it for one of my wallpaper series. Who knows if i keep at it you might see more of this stuff in my fiery runes series. See what happens first.

HK

Uncle_Mike

D2 PvP Moderator

I prefer A as well, the wings seem to be more subtle and "angel-like".

Nice drawings :)