Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A little off topic...BUT....

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Hellraser64, Feb 7, 2004.

1. Hellraser64

Hellraser64 IncGamers Member

A little off topic...BUT....

Ummmm this may sound stupid. LOL. But can anyone tell me how to take a screen shot? I found a VERY nice ETH Messerschmidt's reaver and want to do a screen shot of it. I dunno if it makes a diff, but I am using Win XP. Thanks.

2. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

If you run diablo 2 in a window, i.e. you changed the targeting path and added -w to the end of it (so that it said something like: "C:\Program Files\Diablo II\Diablo II.exe" -w), you can just drop your cursor into the window and hit alt+printscreen, then paste it into MS Paint.

Otherwise, if you play full screen you just go into the game and press the "print screen" key, and then alt-tab or quit and paste it into Paint.

-Hal

3. Hellraser64

Well I did what you said Hal. Nothing seems to happen. I press the print screen key, alt-tab out and theres nothing there but my desktop and my minimised game. Is there another key that can stop my print key from working if it's on? Thanks.

4. royalsego

royalsego IncGamers Member

5. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

Hell:

after you al-tab, you have to open up the Microsoft Paint program, right click inside the window, and select paste. Hitting print screen just saves the image to the internal clip cache, you have to actually paste it into a viewer program to see it.

Royal:

I've noticed that problem too, i think it has something to do with the full screen res or something of that nature. An easier way to take care of it might be to make a copy of your shortcut to diablo 2, paste it, and then alter the target path by right clicking it and selecting properties, then adding a -w outside of the quotations as I mentioned above. Make sure there is a space between the last quotation and the -w.

6. Hellraser64

Thanks Hal. Much appreciated.

7. baawji

baawji IncGamers Member

When I press the Print Screen, d2 makes a .jpg file in the d2 folder.. So you dont need to go in paint.. :^

8. Hellraser64

REALLY? It saves it to the D2 folder? Any special area of the folder that I need to go too? I have the same prob now too Halciet, now that I figgered out paint. Colors are all messed up.

9. royalsego

royalsego IncGamers Member

nifty suggestion, but when he said u can find ur screen shots in ur d2 folder... i checked and i think thats a easier way.... but still thanx for the help, much appreciate it

10. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

LOL, I had forgotten all about that! Yes indeed, baa's method is a lot easier. I had totally forgotten that LoD caches them itself...so used to UO and taking screenshots for the department, lol!

Well, that's good that that is settled. You can still give that thing I suggested (with the -w) try if you want to play LoD in a window; it tkes some getting used to, but it makes the graphics a good deal clearer, and you don't have to alt-tab anymore.

-Hal