Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A little help with Javazon

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Drakon, Feb 29, 2004.

1. Drakon

Drakon IncGamers Member

A little help with Javazon

Hi all, just a quick question:

Which of these 3 melee javalin skills would be best?

-Jab
    -Impale
    -Fend

I was considering Impale because by lvl 20 the dmg tradeoffs to the durability loss seem within acceptable standards, And although fend seems to have some very good mods, I do not wish to be a zeal type. So this presents a problem, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

2. DreamlessDude

DreamlessDude IncGamers Member

A melee javazon? Then in my opinion fend. Fend maxed gives really nice killing ability with great speed and such. If not i really reccommend Charged Strike.

3. Drakon

Drakon IncGamers Member

Alright I will take your advice into consideration before I continue my build. :idea:

4. DreamlessDude

Anyway are you starting a melee javazon? instead of the lightning type of zons?

5. Drakon

Drakon IncGamers Member

For the most part, yes melee. Im considering having lightning fury as a backup, or plague...

6. DreamlessDude

Would say lightning fury would be better since plague doesn't seem to do enough damage without poison javelin and for the most time i doesn't like poison damage based items

7. Drakon

Drakon IncGamers Member

True, I have simply been considering all possibilities for elemental attacks to deal with immunities in hell difficulty. But I do believe I will be taking lightning fury because as you said, plague javalin simply doesnt add enough damage. I will probably use poison damage charms to help stack damage.

8. wildjinn

wildjinn IncGamers Member

I know it's probably not what you're looking for, but if you use the melee Lightning skills with LF, you'll get sick lightning damage to everything but LI's, and you could find some good elemental damage weapon to jab with on switch. Plague javelin will do enough damage with maxed synergy, but sitting around and waiting for poison to kill things is not my preferred style of play.

Fend is potentially a nice skill, which I have admittedly not used, but is supposedly fraught with odd buggy behavior like random interruptions and such and can supposedly be frustrating to work with.

I'm taking the lightning/physical approach with my Tesladin, and rarely do I bother switching to my elemental backup, although I'm only through Act II Hell. Crushing Blow and big lightning damage seem to do it for me pretty well, and I think it might work well with a melee zon. There's a good lightning amazon guide linked in the Single Player FAQ/Build Guide thread, if you're interested.