Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A little help please: Headhunting grounds?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Iuris, Jun 29, 2005.

1. Iuris

Iuris IncGamers Member

A little help please: Headhunting grounds?

My Necromancers would really appreciate a good source of +skills +resistances fot the shield arm. Ideally, these come in the form of a Homunculus (or some other good trophy). Now, the problem is, "But I ain't got one of those!". So, my characters are off hunting. The question remains: where to hunt so as to get some trophies?

2. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 IncGamers Member

Kill monsters. Lots of them. Eventually one will drop a homunculus. If that doesn't happen you haven't killed enough monsters.

Unless you are on some isolationist trip, you can also trade for a homunculus.

3. xioxio

xioxio IncGamers Member

You on ladder? If you are, I can donate one.

4. Iuris

Iuris IncGamers Member

Single player only, sorry. But the offer is heartily appreciated.

5. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

For normal heads you can try to make a cow game and look around for the heads that drop. Also the Hell Bovines in the Cow Level have a high chance to drop Homun.

6. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 IncGamers Member

However, I like to add that a "high chance" doesn't mean it's going to happen anytime soon --- and it is WELL possible that instead of getting one from cows you instead find one from a Fallen in Tristam when you get the leg...

Reminds me of my one and only SOJ: I was on the way to nightmare Andariel (to rush a mule) --- and she happens to be a good SOJ dropper. However, I never got one from her --- instead, on that day, I got one from a random monster in Catacombs 3...

Probabilities and chances, especially with the low values used when it comes to dropping certain items, are never good for making any form of "short term" predications... it's always a safe bet that you'll get an IST from hellforge in 11 runs, and not find an IST anywhere else on these 11 runs simple because a 1:11 chance is VERY high. Other than the 100% chance for annihilus nothing comes close to hellforge when it comes to chances for certain (useful/non-quest-related) things to drop.

When it comes to items, I would turn to whatever areas/monsters you like ("Oh dear Mephisto, I love you soooo much, I could kill you over and over again...") and can handle well.

And contrary to common belief, item drops are not restricted to act bosses; they just happen to have a good chance to drop rare/set/unique. Mad Mantis already hinted at that by mentioning that cows can drop homunculus...

Some people even skip Bremt and his friends when they go for Mephisto --- very stupid, IMHO, since even without maphack it's very difficult to not find him right away :) Durance-3 is a very good area --- Mephisto, Bremt and other unique council members, and I often get a Vampire bosspack or two as well... all cramped into a small predefined area with no surprises.