Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A little advice/input please.

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Torkahl, Feb 10, 2004.

1. Torkahl

Torkahl IncGamers Member

A little advice/input please.

I've really been dying to use a Moser's lately, I just started up a barb for one and havent used any skill point and only some stat points. Im having a tough decision in making either a Conc or Zerk barb with use of one. I'm planning on using IAS jewels in the Moser's and a IAS or Shael'd Bane and IAS or Shael'd Arreats. My goal is to not only block 75%, but to have plenty of FHR to strike back quickly. Im really in a bunch and I need some suggestions.

2. WackenOpenAir

WackenOpenAir IncGamers Member

I would go for concentrate then. with a shield, you will be blocking and also taking damage so much more with berserk. concentrate will work much more smooth (though it has a bit less damage)

sertainly since you will have relatively low life as you spend many points on max block and the needed str, i advise you to take the safe skill.

just use one point in zerk for any area with iron maiden.

berserk imo is to be used two handed with warcry. not with a shield. warcry provides more safety and costs you less damage (15 less synergy vs half the damage for 1 handed)

concentrate with shield is just the safe way to go. you wont hurt things very much, but you wont be hurt either. concentrate 2 handed is also possible, but iron maiden now becomes a real problem since swiching to berserk without shield or warcry is not very safe.
    (Using warcry with concentrate 2 handed is a bit pointless IMO; then why not just use berserk for some better damage and a magic attack.)

3. CyberHawk

CyberHawk IncGamers Member

I just wanted to add, well this being either your pvp, or pvm. But 2 perfect diamonds you may REALLY need if you plan on pvm alot, esp in hell to help with resits. If you get a fast attack wepaon, with maybe some ias in helm/armor, and possible belt, you'll swing plenty fast. But that shield goes great for awesome resits. I just wanted to mention it. :)

4. xkkx

xkkx IncGamers Member

I suggest that if you plan on ever equiping your barb with a botd and other godly gear for mf/pvm/pvp or whatever, that you dont go concentrate.

From personal experience my concentrate barb was almost invincible, but even with botd cb he just didnt kill fast enough. I made a new ww barb that is now much stronger and is great for high lvl mf runs w/ enigma. (also a killer pvp with tele and the fas of ww)

WW, although it doesnt gove the defense bonus that concentrate does, does much more damage: therefore more life leech. One of the barb's main defenses is it's life steal.

5. Torkahl

Torkahl IncGamers Member

I dont need another MF'er, I've got a sorc for that. I might end up just makin this a WW barb and try PvP with him. But ill get enough str for SS (189?) just in case Mosers' doesn't work out.