Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A lil' ATMA question.

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Hp_Sauce, Aug 30, 2006.

1. Hp_Sauce

Hp_Sauce IncGamers Member

A lil' ATMA question.

Pre-question story:

I have started working on a little bit of a SP item base for myself using my shinny new Blizzballer (my 3rd SP char, 1st to make it past lvl 60 before I got bored.) I've been running NM countess, Meph, Baal, E/S/P with my whooping 37% mf (Rhyme shield and a 12% Tals Belt,) and as a result I've been muling off a lot of gems.

The question story:

I am what you might call a packrat, and I've been putting all the gems (everything from chips to Pgems) into one ATMA stash. The stash is now ~609 gems strong and I've noticed it takes considerably longer for ATMA to open it then some of my other stashes (i.e. my Uniques stash which has about 20 items in it opens up instantly.)

The question:

Is there a limit to how many items you can put in one stash file? Or is there a point where ATMA will get so clogged down with the one stash so badly that it crashes and corrupts my stash and my character? I know I will find a use for all my chipped skulls! I can't let them disapear! :rolleyes:

Other stuff you might wonder:
    My pc is a Pentium 2.66Ghz, with 1280 mb of ram. Plenty strong enough imho.

Thanks in advance all!
    -hps

2. FrostBurn

FrostBurn IncGamers Member

There is no limit to an ATMA stash, but as you have observed, it gets slower in loading the bigger the stash size. A few people will stash up to 1000 items in a stash. I usually limit it to 500 per stash. Certainly any more than 1000 will give you enough time to make a cup of tea.

The best solution is to have specific stashes for specific items. In your case, perhaps something like Chipped Stash, Flawed Stash, etc. all under a Gems subfolder.

3. Hp_Sauce

Hp_Sauce IncGamers Member

Awsome, thank you!

An excellent idea! I haven't made any subfolders yet (hadn't thought of it to be honest.) I'm sure it will help me make things less messy though.

-hps