A (hopefully) original idea for D3

Bash_

Diabloii.Net Member
A (hopefully) original idea for D3

Ever since the dawn of videogames, the main theme of games have been good vs evil. Thats fine, if it wasnt for the fact that your character is always on the good side.

So here it goes. Get ready.. Make Diablo 3 give you an option to choose your allignment. Have an option to become evil, accomplish an evil purpose to win the game, and create your character around it.

Let us have a choice to be a Succubus, a Dreadknight(yes im thinking d1 here) heck even a fallen, and fight for the dark side. It would also give alot more sense to PVP.

Opinions?

mhl12

Diabloii.Net Member
OMG that was EXACTLY what i was thinking and i tried to tell my friends but they just hit me in the head. :lol:

but i'm serious, i was thinking about that like being a fallen, and andy can be like akara or something. lol

mhl12 said:
OMG that was EXACTLY what i was thinking and i tried to tell my friends but they just hit me in the head. :lol:

but i'm serious, i was thinking about that like being a fallen, and andy can be like akara or something. lol
lol and when you press the numpad buttons, you make different screeches. =p

Bash_

Diabloii.Net Member
itsPizzarific said:
lol and when you press the numpad buttons, you make different screeches. =p
/suggestion sent to blizz :)

on a side note though, how many other games have you tried playing as an evil, and doing evil things? Even in neverwinter, if your evil, you must rescue the world from it.

dlscowby

Diabloii.Net Member
Bash_ said:
on a side note though, how many other games have you tried playing as an evil, and doing evil things? Even in neverwinter, if your evil, you must rescue the world from it.
well, say ou were evil...you would have to conquor the world from tyreal...which would be cool and all, i wouldnt mine running arround as one of those black souls...but then you gotta wonder...what would happen with online play? if someone chose good, would you not be able to play in the same game as them since they would have different quests? you would have to have 2 ladder, 1 good and 1 bad. it really wouldnt be all that different, cause it would be like having new quests and thats it. but thats my opinion and i hope its not too confusing...lol

Bash_

Diabloii.Net Member
dlscowby said:
well, say ou were evil...you would have to conquor the world from tyreal...which would be cool and all, i wouldnt mine running arround as one of those black souls...but then you gotta wonder...what would happen with online play? if someone chose good, would you not be able to play in the same game as them since they would have different quests? you would have to have 2 ladder, 1 good and 1 bad. it really wouldnt be all that different, cause it would be like having new quests and thats it. but thats my opinion and i hope its not too confusing...lol
Very good question. :) I wish i could answer it. But im sure it must be possible to do overlapping quests in 1 game.

Such as how some quests arent available to players who joined after it was completed, all quests could be present in the game, but only half could be completed by either side.

Well you get the idea :)

dang79

Diabloii.Net Member
Bash_ said:
Very good question. :) I wish i could answer it. But im sure it must be possible to do overlapping quests in 1 game.

Such as how some quests arent available to players who joined after it was completed, all quests could be present in the game, but only half could be completed by either side.

Well you get the idea :)
What happens if you bump into each other?
Would the ensuing battle be PvM or PvP? lol...

Twoflower

Banned
not so many games ? of the top of me head i think about wow, kotor... but there are surely many more

pvp would be fun though. but it s more or less in wow i think, on the pvp servers u can fight every time you meet someone of the other aliance, right ?

Damotta

Diabloii.Net Member
twoflower said:
not so many games ? of the top of me head i think about wow, kotor... but there are surely many more

pvp would be fun though. but it s more or less in wow i think, on the pvp servers u can fight every time you meet someone of the other aliance, right ?
Correct. EVERY time. It sometimes can get real annoying to be doing quests of your own then have someone come up behind ya and gank ya (killing you when you have no chance of fighting back). I dunno if this type of PvP is fun to other people but I'd rather not have it. If they were to impliment in D3 (assuming there will be one) they should give the option of a PvE or PvP server like they do in WoW.