Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A Glitch?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by Ast, Jun 3, 2005.

1. Ast

Ast IncGamers Member

A Glitch?

First of all, let me say this. No, this is not a bunch of BS it DID happen.

What happened:
    Me and a friend, who's very trustworthy were in a game, where she got a lot of stuff from some guy who quit. Things to mention were Coh, Last wish and an Infinity, Phoenix and a COA. And a lot of other random things.
    She dropped everything on the ground, and I started looking through things. Then we decided to mule stuff.
    After hopping back into the gamea couple of times (for both of us, SAME game - with stuff laying there on the ground), I also dropped a Gladiator's Bane and Guill-something set helm and a Goldstrike that merc was using - useless stuff.

After about 15-20 mins we noticed that the Last wish was NOT there. I don't have it on any of my chars, and my friend is extremely trustworthy. When we started looking, we found out that Infinity Polearm that was Eth, a non eth Last Wish and an Eth Coh all DISAPPEARED. (Keep in mind: it was on the floor of a private game, only things we did was look at it)
    After the initial round of "what the hell" and "are you playin a joke on me", we started looking around, and Glad's Bane and the Set Helm ALSO disappeared. As in, they simply were not there.
    The high runewords were all in this big pile of stuff, where there also were charms, weapons, etc etc. A pretty big pile. The Glad and the Helm were in a 3 piece pile to the side. The glad and the helm were non-eth, and I found them personally...

These items disappeared completely.... A Phoenix Vortex shield kept laying on the ground as if nothing happened.

My question: What is this? This really isn't the first time this happens to me, I can swear I also had an eth great polearm disappear on me. At first I thought it was I mis-muled it, but it's just gone.
    Is there some dropping glitch? Maybe it's related to Ethereal Items? Am I missing something?
    Help please :/

2. MapleBarb

MapleBarb IncGamers Member

you left them on the ground too long so the game deleted them

3. skilledlord

skilledlord IncGamers Member

Unfortunately for you and your friend, white/gray items disappear after about 15 mins. This INCLUDES runewords. The phoenix vortex probably did not disappear because one of you may have picked it up at one point and dropped it back down, thereby resetting the 15 mins timer.

4. Ast

Ast IncGamers Member

Ty much. Cheers.

5. BananaPancakes

BananaPancakes IncGamers Member

omgggggggggg i whs i knew about that sooner