Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A funny thing happened on my way to meet the Countess ifra

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Kelicc, Mar 29, 2004.

1. Kelicc

Kelicc IncGamers Member

A funny thing happened on my way to meet the Countess

I don't generally like to post "look what I found" threads but I was so darned excited that I couldn't resist.

Anyway, I'm doing a series of 100 Countess runs and taking note of runes that drop as well as uniques. My ultimate goal is to cube a Zod :uhhuh: I'm currently up to run number 38 or so. I'm sure you're all looking forward to seeing the results when I'm done ;) Anyway, that's besides the point.

So, I run the Countess with my amazon. I kill everything in my way on my way down to the Countess. In one particular run, I get to Tower level 4 and meet up with a boss pack of those Death Clan guys. Or maybe it was Blood Clan. I dunno, one of these guys. I hit them with some Freezing Arrows and before I knew it, laying there on top of the pile of dead bodies and treasure was... a Jah rune!!! :surprise:

By far the best I have found! Previous best was Vex! I was shocked to see that a Jah could fall in Act 1 Hell!! Does anyone know if Cham and Zod are also possible?

Only 3 more Jahs and I can cube my Zod ;)

2. ConnerMacleod

ConnerMacleod IncGamers Member

Congrats on that find. And you know what? "Look what I found" threads are actually nice, because it's a way to say to everyone that you located something nice.

As for dropping odds, I was under the impression that Lo was the highest that could drop in Act 1... Damned D2data is wrong again! So we have a confirmed Jah drop in Act 1. See, now if you had not said anything we would all believe that Lo would be the highest. Thanks!

3. Kelicc

Kelicc IncGamers Member

Well, I suppose that's true. Thanks for the congrats :)

4. CoonerTheRed

CoonerTheRed IncGamers Member

woooooooot very nice Kelicc :clap:

5. Baroni

Baroni IncGamers Member

You can easily trade your Jah rune for a Zod in the trade channels. Jah is the joint most sought after rune (with Ber). Although I don't know if you'd want to trade your lovely legit Jah for an obviously duped Zod.

6. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

Conner, I would've thought the higher-lvl areas in Act1 (Pit, Mausoleum, higher Tower lvls, etc.) could drop just about any rune. I know my friend found a 'Ber' in the Pit... isn't 'Lo' just for Countess drops?

7. WingBlade

WingBlade IncGamers Member

WTG Kellic.... :clap:

8. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

I beleive LO is just the countesses max, but i can see where one would think LO would be max with that info.

I have a good amount of runes on Countess with my Barb and havent gotten squat for runes, jst a lot of exp and charms, gems ...etc

9. Kelicc

Kelicc IncGamers Member

Yeah, that's exactly it. I wouldn't want to trade a rune that I know is legit for another that I am about 99% sure is not legit.

10. ConnerMacleod

ConnerMacleod IncGamers Member

Phat: According to online data, Lo is as high as Act 1 goes. It's obviously wrong, and I suspected as much because I read a thread in the softcore forum here saying something similar in the Pit. Think they found a Sur rune. Either way, I love to see confirmation that drop odds are possible in various places.

I read the mpq data myself but it's a PIA mosttimes so I rely on d2data alot because, well, I'm lazy.

I know the highest I've found in 1.10 was an Ohm in Act 2, which, well, is completely doable per d2data. So they have a descrepancy.

11. fe-crazywolf

fe-crazywolf IncGamers Member

that is awesome man, congrats. My best rune find ever was 2 Ohms in 1.09 was in softcore in unexpected spots, one was from a regular cow and the other was from a regular snake in the snake pit in act 2, the place to get the ammy for the quest. My best find in 1.10 was a vex rune from a darkranger in the pits softcore and an ist rune from 2nd minions skeleton in a hell baal game which was cool and i put it in my tal orb for more magic find. I hope to kill random monsters and find more runes that way, sometimes those are the best ways to find runes besides just doing hellforge and countess.

12. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

Bleh...highest rune drop for me (aside from 1.10 hellforge, got a Gul there, but it doesn't count) would be a single Ist in 1.09. Jerks. Infact runes drop so infrequently for me that I was happier about finding a Lem than my first 1.10 shako >_<

Although I did "see" a Lo drop in one of my 2500 or so baal runs, that is to say I didn't bother pressing Alt because I was running for Exp not for itams, but I saw the OMG LO DROPPED OMG LO LO I GOT TEH LO!! from like 6 people rather clearly ^_^