Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A Freak Whirlwinder Idea I Might Do For Fun

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by LeegionOnEast, Nov 10, 2006.

1. LeegionOnEast

LeegionOnEast Diabloii.Net Member

A Freak Whirlwinder Idea I Might Do For Fun

A desynch-running Barb that Teleports, Leaps, and Whirls. With a Ribcracker. :prop:

There would be two ways I could build this, one costing alot and one costing a little.

I'd like to go this route:

Shael'd 08 Valk
    Angelic Combo
    MP Engima
    Upped Shael'd Ribcracker (4 FRAME WW)
    Mav Belt
    Dracs
    Gores

On switch I would have 2x HOTO

I'd max Whirlwind, BO, Increased Speed (Or untill there will be no benefit), and the rest is undecided.

The inventury will be FRW small charms.

Basically, I'd teleport around on the HOTO switch, then run and WW through people randomly in pubbys. It would be for screwing around mostly. I don't know if I need more FRW...what do you think? Would a pre-buff hit of Frenzy help me?

With the set-up now, I'd get 111+105+43 = 269% FRW. Would I desynch?

4 Frame FHR
    9 Frame FCR on Switch
    4 Frame WW

2. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

You will never be fast enough to teleport around with dual hotos and then in the middle of the teleport, swap to your main switch. You will end up hitting with hotos most of the time.

Also, even if the character is "for-the-heck-of-it", the additional FRW is NOT good, as it decreases the amount of hits you can possibly connect.

3. Lyrs

Lyrs Diabloii.Net Member

With WW, you don't need 4F FHR so you can drop the Rib for eBotD GPA or better yet Griefz + Beastz for more dmg, both which should it the last FPA for their class.

Switch back and forth between switches in pvp will make you miss opportunities at tele-stomping. It's better to have a decent FCR on your attack setup.

Without Mastery, you'll be lacking in the AR department for hitting.

4. LeegionOnEast

LeegionOnEast Diabloii.Net Member

I'd need a 34 IAS Greif. Pretty expensive, right? I have a 32/369 Grief PB, could I get a low 34/XXX?

Will FRW be able to work to my advantage, or should I scratch the idea?

5. Klæmint Vágadal

Klæmint Vágadal Diabloii.Net Member

Is not the point of this thread not going the GriefZ + BeastZ way? I mean, if you kill some guy with high "omgz l33t !!!!11oneone!11" end gear with your ribcracker, you will shake the other guy's self-esteem :grin: Althou you will need som luck with that :thumbsup:

6. jakotaco

jakotaco Diabloii.Net Member

http://dpw.bounceme.net/frw_calc.html

You can check your run speed here as skills and items are calculated in different ways, I once made a Frenzy barb filled with FRW gear (like cat's eye mavina belt trang armor...) and it was great fun running at top speed, not to talk abot the speeds achieved with frenzy. Never put any pts in leap attack or ww but would've been fun to see those in action...

The char was crap due to low dmg and ar, your gear setup looks better but be prepared to have troubles in hell games as ppl have rather good gear there, odd builds can often be more suitable to stay at lvl 70 and pvp in nm games.

7. Flayed One

Flayed One Diabloii.Net Member

I don't get one thing... why no points in mastery?

8. Murderface

Murderface Diabloii.Net Member

i was thinking the same thing, staffs are affected by mace mastery, so pop that in there, and if you wanted too, you could always get a ebotd archon staff, they get some nice *** damage.:badteeth:

9. scottrick49

scottrick49 Diabloii.Net Member

Also, your resists are really going to suffer with that gear setup and no room for resist charms with an inventory full of FRW.

10. Indemaijinj

Indemaijinj Diabloii.Net Member

Except if they happen to be Shimmering Charms of Inertia i guess.

Still the thing that flatlines this build is the lag between weaponswitching from caster gear to melee gear.

The low range of Ribcracker (which is a VERY powerful weapon otherwise) is another problem.

11. Romper Stomper

Romper Stomper Banned

THIS IS PURE DUMB.
    caps pls.

12. Josiphos

Josiphos Diabloii.Net Member

Dude what is your freakin problem?

He said it was FOR FUN

Does that concept register with you?

Why does every post of yours have an attitude? You looking for attention or just trying to ruin other people's day?

13. kohlman

kohlman Diabloii.Net Member

I have no idea how much frw you need to desynch but it is true that the faster you run, the less hits you get in a single whirlwhind, because the ww itself takes less time to complete.

These are amazingly rough numbers, they are just to give an idea of the concept here.

Also, I think its 24 frames per second, if its not, adjust math accordingly.

If you have a ww that lasts 2 seconds, at 4 fpa, thats 6 attacks per second, times 2 is 12 attacks per whirl. A ww that lasts 1 second (due to high frw) at 4 fpa, thats 6 attacks per second, but only 6 attacks per whirl.

Also, you want to be near your opponent as long as possible to hit them as much as possible, so a faster whirl also means less time next to an opponent.

Put only a point or two into the mastery (mace mastery i think) to take care of getting some nice ed and deadly strike and hopefully the +skill items can carry you the rest of the way if you are trying to shave skill points.

Also, zig-zag run towards people as they will have a harder time to get you if you are running towards them, that way you wont have to teleport, or just use fcr rings.

All in all sounds like a fun build, a little tedious tho.

now for a fun build, make a necromancer with maxed clay golem and golem mastery and see people whack away very slow at something with upwards of 100k life....

Good luck on your RibRunner® barb...I like that name...Trademarked :grin:

14. Romper Stomper

Romper Stomper Banned

Thank you for your response.

15. Frosty_The_Snowman

Frosty_The_Snowman Diabloii.Net Member

What an useful post :grin: ! Thanks for your clever contribution and argumentation :thumbsup: !

Back to topic : as mentionned above, you will have serious problems with resistances if you fill your inventory with FRW sc's. However, you can also use Res All/FRW sc's, but I believe these ones are pretty rare and expensive :wink:.

16. XDoomasX

XDoomasX Diabloii.Net Member

How about tomby (tomb reaver). That thing can deliver nice enough dmg and you will have some additional resist too.

Unordinary builds is gg in pvp as long as you have fun :thumbsup: