Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

A follow up on my (please help me on new character thread) <

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by motormaniac5, Mar 8, 2004.

1. motormaniac5

motormaniac5 IncGamers Member

A follow up on my (please help me on new character thread)

Ok, hi again guys, as you all suggested i made a fishymancer for my untwinked (literally) MF character... he is now level 70 with level 27 skeletons and level 27 skeleton mastery, which means i did manage to get some good gear along the way... here is my question: I find the fishymancer to be BORING and SLOW at MFing, now that i have some great items to use to get items to twink out a character, what build would you suggest for MF? if it helps you decide, i prefer the extremely fast runs, like travanical, shenk, ect ect ect...

Just say the name of the build you think would be good, i know where to find the build guides, thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

And i appologize in advance for my lack of grammar usage, i didn't feel like editing this.

2. Zarhrezz

Zarhrezz IncGamers Member

Energy Shield sorc, cold kill variant (ok, that's not in the guide draft yet, but it's working just fine on Meph).

3. wildjinn

wildjinn IncGamers Member

I've heard that a good single-target runner is the bonemancer. Also, I've heard that the LF zon is pretty sweet for pindleing and probably most of the other runnable monsters. I agree with you on the fishymancer/zookeeper. They never seem to keep my interest for long enough to get good, either. :) However, it is a great, safe build for doing lvl85 area runs with huge magic find.

4. motormaniac5

um, could you elaborate of what the energy sheild cold kill sorc is? i see no guide on it anywhere. as for the bonemancer, it looks promising, since alot of my skelemancer's gear has +x to necro skills... one of them is even trang-ouls armor =) WOOT go me!

5. motormaniac5

BAH i just realized my trang-ouls armor is +2 to summoning skills...not necro skills... that pisses me off, ok, so now i only have +4 to necro skills, instead of 6 lol, oh well

6. Zarhrezz

Zarhrezz IncGamers Member

Do a search on my name and 'guide insanity' and you should find the general guide on Energy Sorcs...the equipment is pretty much covered there.
    The variant I now use for Mephiso running (the few times in a blue moon that I do mf runs) is called Coldkill and has the following skill distribution:

ES 20
    TK 20
    SF 1
    FO 20
    CM 18
    FA 1
    Warmth the rest

You could alternatively use Blizzard instead of Frozen Orb (I don't like Blizzard presonally, so I never use it).
    With ptopaz in armor and headgear mf in the 200-300 range should be doable. Not high, but this build can do a Meph run from character selection screen and back within 1 minute on a fast map...and there is pretty much no risk whatsoever of Meph killing you...just tank his stuff and spam Orb untill he dies...only if he manages to score 4-5 high damage hits in a row does he get close to breaking ES.

7. motormaniac5

hehe, i wish i could use the map thing, sadly i play on realms and that would be considered cheating... i play on realms mainly just so i can leach exp off people while i level up to 75.. and that is all lol... but i am a big fan of MFing hehe, but maybe i will try out single player alittle... if the build isn't that item dependant.

8. Mr_McGee

Mr_McGee IncGamers Member

lol if you play in the realms why are you posting in the SP forum? :)

Meteor/Orb Sorc (Vegasorc) or a Hammerdin are good choices

9. motormaniac5

I am posting in the single player forum because it is ANY class, and people here know more about builds good for solo play than people on the other forums do. That sufficient explanation for you?

And your suggestions are noted even though you question my reasons =)

10. Mr_McGee

Mr_McGee IncGamers Member

I didnt mean to offend you, theres is nothing wrong with asking questions here I just found it funny.

11. motormaniac5

i wasn't offended, i just found it funny that someone found it funny that i was doing something funny for a serious reason... now try to figure out what i just said without laughing

12. nemar

nemar IncGamers Member

I think a cold sorceres will make the best Quick MF without equipment.
    20 frozen orb
    20 cold mastery

with a staff with lower resist, you will have the best results if you're not looking the countress in hell (cold immune).

you'll can use a gull with a shield without any problem.

off course this build let some skill point left to use somewhere else to survive , some monster are cold immune in hell.